Deleted

Professional microphone

Hey! I thought maybe some of you guys have done gameplay commentaries or anything related and have researched the field of microphones already.

Can anyone suggest a few TOP professional microphones for home use on gaming commentaries? And anything better than Snow Ball, maybe around $500. By professional I mean really professional, not a USB (if it could even work with PC other than USB, but I think it should)

Thanks!

Hmm look I think you are going far beyond what is needed. TOP youtubers, Day9, LagTV, MMOx all use snowballs and they sound fantastic.
    I personally use a Yeti, it sounds fantastic, Sound quality it all about how you record, how you limit background noise and yes, to an extent your mike. Off memory YouTube quality doesn't go above 48000hz (possibly) 44100hz.

Go for the snowball or yeti and spend the rest on decent video editing software. THAT IS WHAT REALLY GIVE PEOPLE THE SHITS!

Mo' Money wont equal Mo' Results.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

if you aren't going for usb, you have an audio interface to connect xlr to your computer via usb or firewire? just get a decent usb mic.

edit: the blue snowball mic seems to be really good for the price. the -10dB pad feature will greatly reduce noise which will make your vocal much much clearer than a traditional mic you game with. the different polar patterns make this mic versatile also. I would definitely buy that mic if I was doing podcasts or video commentary
    Last edited by joeyflop; 2012-05-05 at 05:23 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't know about the Snowball, but unless you're in a room with proper sound damping insulation, you don't want a pro level condenser mic. I have an Audio Technica AT2020 and it picks up my voice bouncing off the desk/walls, squeaks from my chair, etc. It sounds worse than cheaper mic with built-in noise cancellation.