Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There is a Parappa the Rapper mingame in that Kung-Fu Panda online game. I enjoyed. Lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouge Master 9000 View Post
    Haters gonna hate... fact is, most people just aren't used to what GW2 is. You have to travel and explore places, like you said.. 40 hours in the same zone, HERP DERP. I don't get the fuss about loading screens, they are in every game... from when you take portals, to use a ship, or anything like that. zoning allows ANet to give the game incredible graphics and I am already used to much zoning from GW1 so maybe it just gotta grow on you.

And anyone complaining about lag in a beta obviously have no clue what a beta even is.. it's not the finished product derp. Stress tests and all that. Before beta's, one can't really know how stable the servers will be until they are tested. Anyone getting the picture I am painting now? Very high quality game, like some others have said I had more fun in beta than any other game that's out.

I have already pre purchased it got the collectors edition to go with my GW1 collectors edition.
    Sure, you have my sympathy. I didn't expect any other reaction from a player who spend already the full amount on a non published game.

People defend their investment. I think that's normal.

We know it, this is beta. A pity all betas never resolved their lag issues in the past either and there IS a difference between seperate zone loading within 4 fixed bordered lines ...and NEVER being able to stand on a 4 cornered open world to view 4 different zones from a distance.

The excuses for GW2 lack or absence of very basic elements (mounts / open world) are sympathic though.

But they will not hide the lack of it all once the game will be played without the extreme viral marketing.

Sorry if I am too old to fall for this. I rather go by my own proper play experiences.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-05-05 at 07:45 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Top notch quality. There's a few things I have some gripes about, such as the relatively short distance you can spot dynamic events from on your minimap, and how fast those events reset, but all in all it's very well polished already, and looks like it'll be holding its own in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Sure, you have my sympathy. I didn't expect any other reaction from a player who spend already the full amount on a non published game.

We know it, this is beta. A pity all betas never resolved their lag issues in the past either and there IS a difference between seperate zone loading within 4 fixed bordered lines ...and NEVER being able to stand on a 4 cornered open world to view 4 different zones from a distance.

The excuses for GW2 lack or absence of very basic elements (mounts / open world) are sympathic though.

But they will not hide the lack of it all once the game will be played without the extreme viral marketing.

Sorry if I am too old to fall for this. I rather go by my own proper play experiences.
    But I have played the beta so I am speaking from MY experience...... sorry if I'm too informed to fall for your negativity.

I'd also like to add, GW2 is a fully featured mmo, and there is no sub fee so I don't really know where you were going with that. If you are trying to say it's not worth a sub fee if it had one, then that's your opinion and I disagree.

You are wrong that 95% mmo's are f2p. I think you will be happy with pandaland and not something new, but hey that's my opinion

Your loading screen argument makes no sense. Mounts are not needed, because of waypoints. They may be added at a later date, but not at launch. I would rather waypoint to somewhere like in Diablo than fly on a mount at 310% speed ignoring the world I am flying over anyway, mostly afking and being bored until I arrive at my destination.

Some people just don't like the idea of something not being a WoW clone.
    Last edited by Rouge Master 9000; 2012-05-05 at 08:06 PM.

The real question is: What do we want?

Another WoW? Another DAoC? Another Everquest? Another Mario Party? Another WoW-DAoC-Everquest-Mario Party-Mortal Kombat-Skyrim?

If it's fun why it's doesn't worth 60$? Why thousands of people are writing in GW2 forums just to tell people to not buy the game? I'm tired...

We know it, this is beta. A pity all betas never resolved their lag issues in the past either
    I, my friends and family did not have any technical issues w/ GW2 during the betas. We were playing from the East Coast US, Europe [Hungry, Belgium], South East US and West Coast US. We even rolled on a EU server to start the weekend and moved to Dark Haven about an 1 hour or two later. No problems.

Only 1 guy we played with couldn't connect and my sis DC'd once or twice.

No issues in TOR, Rift, Aion or WOW either. Since their alphas to present in some cases. Ironically, WOW would be most unstable of the bunch-- though still mostly flawless performance over 7 years.

Just saying, those sort of technical issue tend to be in minority or on the user's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    The real question is: What do we want?

Another WoW? Another DAoC? Another Everquest? Another Mario Party? Another WoW-DAoC-Everquest-Mario Party-Mortal Kombat-Skyrim?

If it's fun why it's doesn't worth 60$? Why thousands of people are writing in GW2 forums just to tell people to not buy the game? I'm tired...
    It depends what "you" want not what "we" want because "we" does not exist really.

Perhaps that's also the reason why some people have a hard time swallowing the comments on GW2.

Perhaps you think too much about "we" instead of what "you and I" really love.

GW2 players are on a mission, for years already. I don't really know what's behind it, but I reckon it could be some marketing or just fans going crazy over painted backdrops for years.

Now that the end product is there, all excuses are heard to justify why something is not there.

You see: I don't care if GW2 or Diablo 3 or MOP will sell over 10 zillion billion copies. I only see people that will play fun on line games and people that will not play non fun on line games.

Marketing and hyping is one thing: but the REAL games are played. Simple as that.

That doesn't mean we can't discuss general gaming techniques and evolution in on line gaming though.

I expressed my opinion, if you can't live with that, it is time to start trying.

It depends what "you" want not what "we" want because "we" does not exist really.

Perhaps that's also the reason why some people have a hard time swallowing the comments on GW2.

Perhaps you think too much about "we" instead of what "you and I" really love.

GW2 players are on a mission, for years already. I don't really know what's behind it, but I reckon it could be some marketing or just fans going crazy over painted backdrops for years.

Now that the end product is there, all excuses are heard to justify why something is not there.

You see: I don't care if GW2 or Diablo 3 or MOP will sell over 10 zillion billion copies. I only see people that will play fun on line games and people that will not play non fun on line games.

Marketing and hyping is one thing: but the REAL games are played. Simple as that.

That doesn't mean we can't discuss general gaming techniques and evolution in on line gaming though.

I expressed my opinion, if you can't live with that, it is time to start trying.
    I have nothing against the fact that you express your opinions.

You don't think an mmo is more about "we" and not about "I"?

We are not on a mission, we just don't need apocalypse preachers. Remember that a negative opinion is always stronger than a positive opinion.

Most fun I've ever had playing an MMO. There's two really big things that GW2 has in its favor. The first is that the game is unique. It's not WoW, which most MMOs these days can not claim to be. The second thing is that you get immediate satisfaction from the game. It isn't a game of playing for 50+ hours and then getting to level cap, and then the game starts. The game begins as soon as you log in.

The only people who don't get what they expect from GW2 don't know what to expect. ArenaNet has pretty much for the most part delivered everything they've promised.

I think that 80% of the replies here miss the point.
    OP is not asking how good you subjectively found it, how much fun you had in it or if you think it will be the next best thing since sliced bread.

He asked about the game's quality, and to my understanding quality is objective.
    Let me explain that to some of you.

This potato chips are made with good quality potatoes, they're well cooked and don't contain harmful substances, therefore they are a good quality brand. <- Objective statement

This potato chips are horrible, they're bbq-flavoured, and i HATE BBQ sauce, bleah, these must be the worst chips in the world. <- Subjective statement
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    People playing games for fun, the BASTARDS!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    This is pretty impressive.

dafuq is he saying D:

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 09:15 PM ----------

so you didn't actually play it?

Guildwars 2

Combat 9.5/10
    Dynamic Events / Hearts 8.5/10
    World Events 9/10
    Visuals 9/10
    Music / Sound 9.5/10
    Exploration 9.5/10 (Jumping Puzzles Pushed that 9 too 9.5 over WoW for me)
    Developers 9/10 (Lots of Content and Developers show alot of passion for thier game and listen to the community)
    Dungeons 8.5/10 (More Dynamic Combat lots of skill / quick decision making. Lacks Party size have to leave friends sitting out)
    Structured PvP 7/10
    WvW PvP 9/10

GW2 Total = 8.85/10

Guildwars 1

Combat 5/10
    Quests 5/10
    World Events 1/10 (Only Holiday Stuff due to Instanced World Enviroment)
    Visuals 8/10
    Music 7/10
    Exploration 5/10
    Developers 6/10 (I think ANET Back in GW1 wasnt as good at content developement or support as they are now)
    Dungeons 4/10 (Not alot of Content and most content was soloable with niche farming builds)
    Structured PvP 8.5/10
    WvW / Open World PvP 0/10 (They had neither)

GW1 Total = 4.95 / 10

World of Warcraft

Combat 8.5 /10
    Quests 6/10
    World Events 5/10 (I take into consideration World Bosses / Holiday Events and Expansion Events)
    Visuals 8/10
    Music 7.5/10
    Exploration 9/10
    Developers 9/10 (Lots of Content and fantastic Ingame / Outgame Support staff)
    Dungeons / Raids 8.5/10 (Not as Fluid or Fun from a Combat perspective as GW2 But larger party size means more fun with more friends)
    Structured PvP 9/10
    Open World / Wintergrasp PvP 6/10

WoW Total = 7.65 / 10

BTW I didnt just pull these Ratings out of thin air I actaully copied and pasted my GW1 vs WoW Ratings off a forum post I made on GuildwarsGuru 2 years ago. this way to keep a accurate observation about how I felt about both GW1 / WoW back when I was playing them compared to GW2 now. These are rating based off a Beta which isnt in its complete to realese form, some changes during developement might alter my Quality ratings and therefor Im basing my rating strictly off the Beta weekend.
    Last edited by Hellspawnxxx; 2012-05-05 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Does the OP mean production quality or quality of game? The former would be about a 10, the latter a 7 in my opinion.

For $60, it's one hell of a value based breath of content.
    Value-wise gets a 999999999999999999999999999999 out of 10. All content for $60 and no additional costs. You can get small boosts via microtransactions, but like most other games, they aren't requires for content.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post

BTW I didnt just pull these Ratings out of thin air I actaully copied and pasted my GW1 vs WoW Ratings off a forum post I made on GuildwarsGuru 2 years ago. this way to keep a true objective observation about how I felt about both GW1 / WoW back when I was playing them compared to GW2 now. .
    Except that none of that is objective.

"how I felt" = subjective.

Just with a quick glance at your list, how do you think music or visuals is an objective fact? Art is literally the most subjective thing there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Except that none of that is objective.

"how I felt" = subjective.

Just with a quick glance at your list, how do you think music or visuals is an objective fact? Art is literally the most subjective thing there is.
    there I changed it no need to have a nerdrage about it. the polite thing to do would have been to send me a message instead of trying to be cool and skilling me on verbal misconduct.

Its sad when a person who obviously spent money on thier education has nothing better to do then demean and ridicule others on forum posts get a life.
    Last edited by Hellspawnxxx; 2012-05-05 at 09:47 PM.

there I changed it no need to have a nerdrage about it. the polite thing to do would have been to send me a message instead of trying to be cool and skilling me on verbal misconduct. you sir are a
    It's rude to stop mid sentence.

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 05:48 PM ----------

Its sad when a person who obviously spent money on thier education has nothing better to do then demean and ridicule others on forum posts get a life.
    I went to public school.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-05-05 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It's rude to stop mid sentence.

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 05:48 PM ----------

I went to public school.
    Thats explains the education and lack of respect for others.

Deleted
    Guildwars 2
    Structured PvP 7/10

Guildwars 1
    Combat 5/10
    Structured PvP 8.5/10

World of Warcraft
    Combat 8.5 /10
    Structured PvP 9/10
    I don't agree with YOUR RATINGS but I respect YOUR OPINION on all of the points, except in this ones. Srsly?! Combat and structured pvp better in WoW than on GW?!

Deleted
    Thats explains the education and lack of respect for others.
    aren't you snappy

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    aren't you snappy
    He's a delight, truly.