View Poll Results: Will you $upport ArenaNET & GW2 Financially?

Voters
95. This poll is closed
  • $hut up and take my money!!

65 68.42%
  • nah brah, just nah

30 31.58%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Would you support Guild Wars 2 Financially?

simple. direct. to the point.

Dollars speak and I'm curious.. would you support GW2 Financially?

edit: people want specifications, here it is, their Cash Shop will you support it? Heading into the game, are you going to buy from their cash shop? Any plans to?
    Last edited by charlieprince; 2012-05-05 at 04:52 PM.

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Deleted
    That's a pretty vague question. Do you mean investment in the company?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go first I'm at a point in my life where I believe in supporting products you enjoy or are really well-done..

I consider it atoning for my past sins as a hacker/distributor/etc.. I am very choosey with the dollars I spend

and yes, I will throw money at ArenaNET for this amazing vision of an experience they're bringing to the mmo-world

$20 a month is my current plan, yes.. higher even than wow's subscription

but like I said, I speak with my Dollars and I am so amazed by GW2 that ArenaNET will get my support financially

Well, i am buying a copy. So... yah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Well, i am buying a copy. So... yah?
    yeah but that's not what I mean do you have any plans to buy stuff from their cash shop?

going into-the-game, I already have plans to support GW2, I'm curious how other people's mindsets are

Deleted
    I'm not likely to buy too much from the cash store. If anything, I'll farm for in-game cash and trade for gems.

I dont want boosts. I want my experience to be full, not rushed. The rest of the stuff... I could live without, except for maybe extra slots. And like I've said, I'll but the gems for that with gold.

I don't mind Cash Shop at all, but there didn't seem many options I was interested in so far. When they add more stuff to the CS, I'll definitely buy costumes/dyes.

Only the top hat was fun. The other two outfits were kinda ugly/drab. Waiting on more outfit options.

T-stones/town clothes were kind of a fail compared to other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I'm not likely to buy too much from the cash store. If anything, I'll farm for in-game cash and trade for gems.

I dont want boosts. I want my experience to be full, not rushed. The rest of the stuff... I could live without, except for maybe extra slots. And like I've said, I'll but the gems for that with gold.
    yeah my only concern is really there's not much in the cash shop, LOL

$20 a month will only result in hoarding unused gems because there's not much to "Buy" so to speak

but like I said, that's my current plans..

worse comes to worse if I get so many gems I have no place to use for, I'll simply exchange them for gold for my Guild to maintain a castle/keep in WvW

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Only the top hat was fun.
    There was a top hat? No wonder TB has been supporting GW2.

I plan to buy character slots. You know, because I want them. Not just because I want to give Anet money. I like Anet as a company, and it is nice to see such passion in a large developer.. but they don't need my donation. Pretty sure they're not broke.

Any game that makes me love the Warrior class so much deserves my money Charr Warrior FTW :P Cant wait to re-unite with my char at the 3 day headstart. i'll be playing a Barbarian in Diablo 3 til then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind Cash Shop at all, but there didn't seem many options I was interested in so far. When they add more stuff to the CS, I'll definitely buy costumes/dyes.

Only the top hat was fun. The other two outfits were kinda ugly/drab. Waiting on more outfit options.

T-stones/town clothes were kind of a fail compared to other games.
    you speak truth and funny I posted the exact sentiment after you did

really the only things in the cash shop that are buyable for me are
    - Top Hat
    - Pirate Outfit
    - Dyes
    - extra bag slot
    - miniature pets although I'll have a tiny Rytlock so..

everything else is inconsequential pretty much
    keys to open mystic chests that has no I-win-omfg-epic item inside? lol!
    boosts for exp? oh please
    extra char slots? ..I'm not that big an alt-o-holic

so I honestly foresee myself hoarding an abundance of gems -.- lol

It's good to know that your avatar holds true.

I dont like the options in this poll because i dont understand what they mean.

Will i support GW2 Financially? Yea i already bought the game
    Will i continue supporting GW2 Financially? Yea ill buy each expansion
    Well what about Gem Store? Ewww F that. I already spent thousands of dollars on a F2P game and i left that life behind me. Ill only buy GW2 Box products, anything i get from Gem store will have been gems bought with gold.

And theirs my answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind Cash Shop at all, but there didn't seem many options I was interested in so far.
    I wonder if they'll ramp things up when player housing is added post launch.
    It seems a good way to sell a lot of items which no one can QQ about an in-game advantage from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    Any game that makes me love the Warrior class so much deserves my money Charr Warrior FTW :P Cant wait to re-unite with my char at the 3 day headstart. i'll be playing a Barbarian in Diablo 3 til then.
    my suggestion.. Bench him

Bench him until retail.. OR bench "Your Storyline" until Retail.. play other race warriors or something so you get to experience them and not ruin your main for retail

just a tip but since you love a charr warrior.. maybe try a norn or human war or if you still go charr.. pick a different storyline from retail for BWE's

it's what I'm doing.. I know I'll be ranger, next BWE I'm going to play different from my retail main storyline

I'd probably buy character slots and bag slots, and maybe some costumes.
    I don't have any plan on spending a regular amount in the cs though. I think i'll just buy when i feel like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    People playing games for fun, the BASTARDS!

I bet I will use the cash shop at some point, but I do not yet know if I will trade gems for gold or I will actually buy gems with cash. I guess that is one thing that I will have to wait and see.

I'd probably buy stuff like extra bag slots and cosmetic things like clothes and dyes, but not boosts or anything like that.

Deleted
    I WANT that chef's outfit. I really really do.
    I love the cosmetic stuff, and I'm certain I'll eventually buy the character slots. A lot to do.

Also as a slight rant, I find the whole 'financial' support mention in this thread is a little bit silly as their income will not be coming JUST from cash shop and I'm pretty sure they know not everyone is going to buy cash shop stuff - just like they understood this in GW1.
    There will be expansions. And there will also be more people buying the game and different versions of it. The thread tittle and theme seems to imply that Anet will just implode if noone buys their cash shop stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I wonder if they'll ramp things up when player housing is added post launch.
    It seems a good way to sell a lot of items which no one can QQ about an in-game advantage from.
    Well, I bought all the GW1 outfits and goodies they had. So I am assuming Anet will add such things for the second game. Esp. housing furniture. I bought so much in EQ/Aion/ROM in the way of housing decorations.

Super fun. I hope Anet give me reason to actually want lots of fun goodies. I think they will.