View Poll Results: Will you $upport ArenaNET & GW2 Financially?

Voters
95. This poll is closed
  • $hut up and take my money!!

65 68.42%
  • nah brah, just nah

30 31.58%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I will never spend money in what would otherwise be a F2P game.

League is a popular one among my friends - they all spend money on runes and champs and skins - most of them have spent several hundred dollars.

Me? I spend $10 when I started to have a single steady champ (not in a come and go weekly rotation) and went from there. Havent spent a penny since.

Deleted
    Little vague poll, but I will definitely buy Character slots for sure. What else to buy? We'll see. I'm not planning on buying costumes, exp boosts and such atm but there may be some interesting CS items I might want in the future.

I do not plan on spending a certain amount of money each month just because I want to spent it. It would also piss me off (a little bit) if ANET would put too much stuff in the CS. But I have faith in ANET atm.
    Last edited by mmoc3157d46ea6; 2012-05-05 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    simple. direct. to the point.

Dollars speak and I'm curious.. would you support GW2 Financially?

edit: people want specifications, here it is, their Cash Shop will you support it? Heading into the game, are you going to buy from their cash shop? Any plans to?
    Probably, will definitely buy bag slots and eventually character slots. As for the rest, well I won't be buying any xp,karma,gold boosts, its a game its meant to be fun and enjoyed, its not meant to feel like you need to rush through it with such boosts. As for costumes, maybe rarely if they look really good and I have spare money that I didn't waist on other crap.

All in all the bag slots and the character slots (and maybe occasionally the color dyes) are the only things in there during the beta that interested me at all, since town cloths are not "usable" in combat and so I would rarely ever see them when playing... If "town cloths" where more like Rifts wardrobe system of being able to enable or disable the looks then I would be more inclined to buy, but with that said if there is confirmation that the costumes are transfigumifyable (forget the actual word but yeah you know what I mean) then yeah I might be more inclined to buy some if I could take the looks from it and the stats from combat gear and make it into combat gear rather then out of combat only gear.

I wouldn't play it even if it was free, let alone pay for it.. so.. NO.

Please post productively and refrain from posting flamebait. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-05-05 at 07:12 PM.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wromthrax View Post
    I wouldn't play it even if it was free, let alone pay for it.. so.. NO.
    Then what are you doing in this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Then what are you doing in this forum?
    Because his opinion is obviously valuable and important enough that he felt the need to express it to the world. :P

OT: I will probably buy character slots, and maybe some of the outfits if I like them enough. I don't mind shelling out extra dollars. It's not a lot of money in the long run.

I already did, I pre-purchased.

Just make it "Yes" and "No"

Really...

10+ Year Old Account
    if i could get some common stock in their company then yeah.

....oh you mean cash shop...
    idk depends on what they have avalible on launch. if there's a top hat then yes im buying the top hat and cleaving people while wearing it on my charr warrior. gotta be dapper when killing.
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

Deleted
    I will probably just buy the box and upcoming expansions. If they did turn the game into p2win, well then I would just stop play and QQ over why they didn't take a subfee to start with (I dont have problems with subfees for good games).
    So, if they handle their cashshop well, I will just have to buy box and x-pacs.

I'm an altoholic, so I'll most definitely "support" them financially.

I'm sure I'll buy all the bag upgrades and things like that. Experience boosts at least for now don't interest me but if I'm on an alt and want to level up quickly (no idea why you'd want to do this with this model), I may consider it.

A Chef's outfit sounds interesting though as I plan to do a lot of cooking.

wtb tophat for my Charr.

Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    I already did, I pre-purchased.
    That's what I wanted to say

They already have my 60$

Deleted
    If they create some asian-less skin-more fun service- costumes, i will buy them all

Deleted
    If i think I can afford it and I'm still enjoying the game then sure, if I really enjoy an online game then I don't mind throwing that extra bit of money at the developers from time to time. When you can clock-in 400+ hours of playtime into one game I'd say the devs deserve a 'lil bonus. ;]

But I'll give it some time first and see if GW2 is the game for me. Don't wanna be spending money on frivolous cosmetic items only to get bored with the game a month later.
    Last edited by mmoc268333cfea; 2012-05-05 at 10:37 PM.

From what I've seen in the Beta...GW2 will certainly be my MMO of choice come launch. I've followed the game and the devs closely and really like everything they are trying to accomplish...so yep, I will certainly support them by throwing money at their cash shop for the cosmetic gear, more bank space, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I really don't have any plans to buy from a cash shop. I generally just dont like the idea but I accept it has part of the deal. If it ever gets to the point of giving major in game advantages then Ill probably drop the game but so long as its limited to pet, armor skins, cosmetic stuff and what have ya, I can ignore it and go about my business. My worry though is that they just release the "coolest" looking stuff in the cash shops and what not but eh its a choice I guess.

I just wish that GW2 had a sub-fee each month because i always end up paying a whole lot more for f2p games than P2P.