Deleted

Why no news about Final Fantasy 13-Versus anymore?

It's been a long time ever since we've had any news about Final Fantasy 13 Versus, and that being the game that delays Kingdom Hearts 3...

Anyone know why there's no news about it anymore? Or is there actually news about it?

There hasn't been any substantial news for years. I'm willing to bet that they've taken the game back to the drawing board more than a few times in response to a different development model Squeenix seems to be moving towards.

There was a gameplay trailer like last year. I think there's been no news about it because it's almost done and they're just waiting for the next big gaming expo to reveal the release date. But yeah, Final fantasy Versus 13 is the game that's delaying KH3, so hopefully it'll be soon.

I have no hopes for it. Square has been doing this a lot. XII and XIII spent an overly long time in development and came out incredibly disappointing. I'm really not sure what is going on over there but it's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I have no hopes for it. Square has been doing this a lot. XII and XIII spent an overly long time in development and came out incredibly disappointing. I'm really not sure what is going on over there but it's not good.
    I don't like being spoken for. FF-XII was absolutely fantastic and yea XIII had it's flaws, but I definitely got wrapped up into it's story even if I disliked being forced to play as characters I loathed. Just added to the story being able to see so many different personalities I never would have seen because if I had the choice I would never have used them.

Final Fantasy XII was far from disappointing. Then again, many supposed fans of the franchise remain ignorant to how heavily it ties in with Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics. I'd say the biggest issue these days is the disproportionate amount of focus put upon sequels and side stories to games that tend to work far better as stand alone titles.

Yes it is still VERY much in development.

After XIII-2 was done they switched all of their development to finishing Versus. Expect it by the end of next year.

No I have no links I'm too lazy =/

EDIT: http://www.neoseeker.com/news/19046-...s-xiii-status/

Quote Originally Posted by Caelheim View Post
    Final Fantasy XII was far from disappointing. Then again, many supposed fans of the franchise remain ignorant to how heavily it ties in with Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics. I'd say the biggest issue these days is the disproportionate amount of focus put upon sequels and side stories to games that tend to work far better as stand alone titles.
    I don't think Square, anymore, gets the concept of a standalone title :/ 12 was their last one. Were their places for prequels, spinoffs, and sequels in there? Kinda, yeah. Do I want them? Not really, despite being fanatical about the game. Square's bad at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I don't think Square, anymore, gets the concept of a standalone title :/ 12 was their last one. Were their places for prequels, spinoffs, and sequels in there? Kinda, yeah. Do I want them? Not really, despite being fanatical about the game. Square's bad at them.
    FFXII wasn't a standalone title:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_F...Revenant_Wings

I won't comment on the quality of the game since I've never played it and didn't want to buy a DS purely for that. I will say that FFXII is one of my favourite games in existence, however. Though my main pet peeve with sequels and side stories is as you said - Square are bad at them. Too much of what made the original stories so intense is usually eroded away, or the characters just mysteriously have a personality shift to something completely different. It's part of the reason I dislike X-2 so much - Yuna had already matured throughout X, so having her effectively change again between the two titles felt weird.

Unfortunately FFXII wasn't a standalone title:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_F...Revenant_Wings

I won't comment on the quality of the game since I've never played it and didn't want to buy a DS purely for that. I will say that FFXII is one of my favourite games in existence, however. Though my main pet peeve with sequels and side stories is as you said - Square are bad at them. Too much of what made the original stories so intense is usually eroded away, or the characters just mysteriously have a personality shift to something completely different. It's part of the reason I dislike X-2 so much - Yuna had already matured throughout X, so having her effectively change again between the two titles felt weird.

I totally forgot about that game :/

It was meh. Not a game you'd play for the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    just read an interview in gameinformer with tetsuya nomura. when asked about it and KH3 he just kinda dodges the question. all he says about versus 13 is that he wants people to be patient since it takes time to work on a brand new idea.

as for KH3 he said that he cant really talk about the future of the series but playing KH 3D all the way to the end will give you an idea of where they are going. he also said they are looking into making an HD compilation for KH and that they want to address the fact that the games are spread around so many different platforms. lastly he said he feels its time to bring the series back to a console.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    just read an interview in gameinformer with tetsuya nomura. when asked about it and KH3 he just kinda dodges the question. all he says about versus 13 is that he wants people to be patient since it takes time to work on a brand new idea.

as for KH3 he said that he cant really talk about the future of the series but playing KH 3D all the way to the end will give you an idea of where they are going. he also said they are looking into making an HD compilation for KH and that they want to address the fact that the games are spread around so many different platforms. lastly he said he feels its time to bring the series back to a console.
    @bolded: OH FUCKING REALLY?

The guy is a wonderful character designer, and his crazier story ideas work really well as one-shots, but he pisses me off irrationally so much sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I totally forgot about that game :/

It was meh. Not a game you'd play for the story.
    I won't bother looking into it, then. Though I'll admit, part of me is hoping for re-release of FFXII for the PS3. If only because FFX is getting the same treatment, if I've heard correctly!

I won't bother looking into it, then. Though I'll admit, part of me is hoping for re-release of FFXII for the PS3. If only because FFX is getting the same treatment, if I've heard correctly!
    I'd buy a PS3 just for that. They're indeed doing the same thing to FFX, and FFXII would look beautiful in HD. It still looks better than most games now in standard definition.