Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Confess thy sins!

This is a thread to confess your sins, the internet is anonymous, so consider this a chance to get it off your chest.

What I am about to confess haunts me to this day, so don't go giving me shit for it, I feel it every day.

A Sergeant in my unit was feeling down one day, taking it out on the younger member of the Regiment, I took him to one side and asked him what was wrong. It turns out this Royal navy PTI (physical training instructor) had been shagging his wife behind back, the PTI also out ranked him and threatened him with punishment. I took this to heart, went to my CO and convinced him to send this PTI to Afghanistan (his first combat tour in 15 year in the forces). Within 3 months of being out there this PTI lost a leg to a mortar round. I have felt like shit ever since.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    This is a thread to confess your sins, the internet is anonymous, so consider this a chance to get it off your chest.

What I am about to confess haunts me to this day, so don't go giving me shit for it, I feel it every day.

A Sergeant in my unit was feeling down one day, taking it out on the younger member of the Regiment, I took him to one side and asked him what was wrong. It turns out this Royal navy PTI (physical training instructor) had been shagging his wife behind back, the PTI also out ranked him and threatened him with punishment. I took this to heart, went to my CO and convinced him to send this PTI to Afghanistan (his first combat tour in 15 year in the forces). Within 3 months of being out there this PTI lost a leg to a mortar round. I have felt like shit ever since.
    thanks Rich youve finally convinced me that the military is not for me....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    thanks Rich youve finally convinced me that the military is not for me....
    Yeah, I still feel like shit because of it. The other half of me tells me that he needed at least 1 tour in a combat zone in order to earn his pension.

10+ Year Old Account

This, is the prime example of Karma, do not feel sorry for that honorless bastard.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    I was once sleep walking and I did a shit on my brother's bed and he didn't wake up. I woke up mid-shit over his bed. I didn't mention it or even act weird about it and he never mentioned it to anyone either. I think he thinks he shat the bed or some shit, idk.

Anyway, I feel kind of bad about that, I guess.

I have felt like shit ever since.
    I so not would. What if it was your wife? Sorry to say; but somebody like that deserves that kind of things. Never cheat

I once drove thru a red light, is that a sin too? Don't know of any 'bad' things i did. Mostly just laugh at lower school where my best buddy kicked somebody's teeth out. Why? Cause it was fun and we didn't like the kid.

I had some weird friends now i think back about it, like a other friend in middle school, who kicked (together with a other friend of mine) 3 kids with their bike, into the trench next to the bicycle path. Next day all 4 of us (4th one and me just cycled on) had to report to the teacher. /sigh 'Write down on this paper what happened.'

Is hating somebody / not being able to forgive somebody a sin too? If they are your friend, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    This, is the prime example of Karma, do not feel sorry for that honorless bastard.
    I am a big believer in karma, so much so that I consider myself almost a Buddhist, even though I feel Guilt about what I did. I believe it made me a better officer and leader of men.

Worst thing I've done: I told my dad I hate him, I think he's a nazi and wishes he was dead, threatened him with a knife once, I never remotely did that to my mom or anyone else, just don't like my dad I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Is hating somebody / not being able to forgive somebody a sin too? If they are your friend, that is.
    I wouldn't think so, but it is said that forgiveness is bittersweet, and resentment only leads to uncertainty. Forgiveness is hard to do, but it is the path that often results in less struggles down the road.

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 11:55 PM ----------

I am a big believer in karma, so much so that I consider myself almost a Buddhist, even though I feel Guilt about what I did. I believe it made me a better officer and leader of men.
    And that you are, standing up for others is the sole reason why soldiers exist, you did your duty, albeit not in the manner you thought you would. Very few men show that kind of caliber in character nowadays.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2012-05-05 at 11:56 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Yeah, I still feel like shit because of it. The other half of me tells me that he needed at least 1 tour in a combat zone in order to earn his pension.
    well he can at least add incapacity benefit to his pension i suppose :P

but I wouldnt feel to bad about it, you got a great story out of it, I mean that is a top shelf anecdote if ever i have seen one

10+ Year Old Account
    I once killed a kitten. (No, I'm not joking) I came back from college and the thing jumped on my face and started going nuts scratching me so I threw it off me and it ran to the backyard, i picked up a rock just to scare it but... I actuallt hit it. I left it on my neighbors lawn because they were on vacation.

I have committed the sin of Sodomy, and I am not ashamed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    I so not would. What if it was your wife? Sorry to say; but somebody like that deserves that kind of things. Never cheat

I once drove thru a red light, is that a sin too? Don't know of any 'bad' things i did. Mostly just laugh at lower school where my best buddy kicked somebody's teeth out. Why? Cause it was fun and we didn't like the kid.

I had some weird friends now i think back about it, like a other friend in middle school, who kicked (together with a other friend of mine) 3 kids with their bike, into the trench next to the bicycle path. Next day all 4 of us (4th one and me just cycled on) had to report to the teacher. /sigh 'Write down on this paper what happened.'

Yes, it is a sin, but that is what we are here for. Confess it and let yourself feel a little better.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 12:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Theweaponx View Post
    I have committed the sin of Sodomy, and I am not ashamed.
    Haven't we all?

10+ Year Old Account
    How would you define a sin?
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I missed the bowl in a public restroom and sprayed it all over the toilet and wall. When I was leaving I saw the janitor headed in there, I rounded a corner and ran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Something that goes against the teachings of your faith, or is universally held as morally reprehensible and wrong in the eye of modern day society.

I killed a man...

Haven't we all?
    No... I lose a little bit of innocence every day...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Whatever you feel guilty about.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekker17 View Post
    No... I lose a little bit of innocence every day...
    You're missing out, it's a totally fun thing to do.