Thread: soul burn

soul burn

with the removal of soul shards from demo and destruction this spell lost direction

from the beginning we rarely used it excapt to shoot off that occasional instant soul fire
    or incase of affliction seed of corruption

in mop soul shards will be used for haunt so its time for soul burn to change

in the new model soul burn shouldnt have cd but the various effects it will give will have

Soul burn:summon pet instant 2min cooldown
    soul burn:healthstone increase healing by 50% 3min cooldown
    soul burn:curses will apply the jinx effect around the target no cooldown
    soul burn:unending breath water walking no cooldown <----- already on beta
    soul burn:banish instant 45 sec cooldown
    soul burn:fel flame spread agony to all nearly targets 30 sec cooldown
    soul burn:twilight ward will morph to nether ward 1min cooldown

would like to hear some more ideas and if someone can put it on us forums for blues to see as well
    Last edited by Archimand; 2012-05-06 at 02:21 AM.

I'm sorry, but i'm not quite following you. Why shouldn't soul burn have a CD? your saying the effects should have a cd instead?

yes atm more the half of the effects of soul burn wont get used and it feel like a waste
    blizzard said they will remove soul shard cost of soul burn
    so why not add some nice effects into it to improve game play and fun

A lot of the soul burn effects will be used, AoE curses, instant demons, Seeds and even unending breath. the only SB effect i'll probably never use is the one for demonic circle. As for soul shards, it still costs a soul shard for each soul burn you do. to better clarify it, the spell soul burn doesn't cost a shard, but when you cast one of the spells affected by SB it will consume a shard. The idea is that if you accidently hit soul burn, you wont waste a shard if you dont use the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    yes atm more the half of the effects of soul burn wont get used and it feel like a waste
    blizzard said they will remove soul shard cost of soul burn
    so why not add some nice effects into it to improve game play and fun
    can u give a quote of that? Would be wonderfull but so far what I saw was a datamine error from mmochamp

guess i mixed it up my bad

my point still stand with only 3 soul shards you will need to sacrifice damage for utility while atm we can have both

jinx need to return and some other spells could use a soul burn effect