Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

When should you start worrying about marraige?

Im 32 and not getting any younger. By my age my parents as well as my aunts and uncles were all married with two kids. Im watching all my friends including my brother get married or are engaged and are starting families. Just this year I have been to 4 weddings already and have 3 more to go that I know of. Every girl I grew up with or went to school with is either married or in a serious relationship with a kid. Then I look at myself...Im so fail at life I have never even been on a date. When should I be hitting the panic button that I am going to die a lonely old man?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, don't worry about it. Worrying about it will just make you seem desperate and male desperation is pretty much the strongest anti-aphrodisiac there is. Just get out there and circulate and you'll come across somebody.

rather than posting stuff , go get out , blind date . Do things differently , meet new people . Do new stuff like bungy jump , learn how to dance , diving . In hort try something new who knows you might meet someone you like

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Im 32 and not getting any younger. By my age my parents as well as my aunts and uncles were all married with two kids. Im watching all my friends including my brother get married or are engaged and are starting families. Just this year I have been to 4 weddings already and have 3 more to go that I know of. Every girl I grew up with or went to school with is either married or in a serious relationship with a kid. Then I look at myself...Im so fail at life I have never even been on a date. When should I be hitting the panic button that I am going to die a lonely old man?
    That is a lot of weddings to attend in one year 0.0
    Also I think that second part is somewhat illegal...

Anyway, I mean if a relationship is something you are wanting, then yes it is probably about time for you to be getting out there, BUT if it's not what you want, you dont HAVE to. It is ok to be single (free) if you want to be.

Marriage? Never. The idea of marriage as something other than a political contract is an incredibly new concept, one that's been crumbling steadily for a while now.

Relationship? Whenever you want. It's not going to just happen, you have to actually do something about it. If you're shy, why not try online? There are an insane amount of people that take part in an online dating service.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know plenty of people who have gotten married in their mid thirties to early forties. Don't worry about it mate. If it is something you want soon then go out and try to meet someone. Hit up some pubs or clubs. Or maybe even a dating site, no shame in that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens when it happens. I still find the idea a bit ludicrous that you find your soul mate out of 7 billion people. I am a firm believer most people settle because of the exact process you're going through, the pressure to get married. If you do happen to find your one, that's when it's the right time.

I am 30 and single myself and have come to the conclusion I don't want to be in a serious relationship with any women under the age of 30.

Essentially I prefer to find a divorced women who has already had her kids and made her mistakes just because they tend to cause less stress than their younger immature counterparts. The older I get the more likely that becomes

What do you mean that you've never been on a date at 32?
    There are some guys that seem to have first-night stands every day - basically no dating, and than there are those who never kissed a girl. Which of those extremes are you closer to?
    If it is the latter, than are you sure that you're not 34 and my best friend? - if you are, than stop worrying about making money, and tell your parents to set you up, already.
    Last edited by someotherguy; 2012-05-06 at 04:21 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Also I think that second part is somewhat illegal...
    I lol'd.

OT: I got married at 20, got two kids and been happily married for 8 years. It was something i wanted and went after. My brother is the opposite. He has always been a tight bastard and thinks every female is after him for his money. He spent his time enjoying the single life. Took him a long time to finally realise that he actually had no money worth going after anyway and at 38yrs old he got married. They are expecting their first child in september. My advice is dont leave it too late and if its something you want then go after it. Just dont rush into getting married to the first girl you meet, take your time to make sure she is the right one first. By the time I am my brothers age my kids will have left home and I will have more money and time to enjoy my "midlife" whereas his kids wont leave home till he is getting close to 60. Poor sod.

Do you like being single? Stay single.

Do you want to be married/"find love"? Seek it out and keep trying at it until you get what you want.

Don't let what other people have or haven't done in their lives be the basis of your own needs or your self-image.

Never if it doesn't happen for you. Don't go out and get in a serious relationship/marriage just because your friends and family are doing it. By all means go out and meet people, have fun, but don't try to force it because of some imaginary age limit.

The only problem is i dont like older women so if I let more years go by Im gonna be like 40 going after girls in their twenties. Is that normal or does it make me a dirty old man?

Quote Originally Posted by odie View Post
    rather than posting stuff , go get out , blind date . Do things differently , meet new people . Do new stuff like bungy jump , learn how to dance , diving . In hort try something new who knows you might meet someone you like
    I'm not exactly a great looking guy, but ^this in bold^ will get you laid (or at least a date) and will allow you to meet a lot of girls. I can tell you from personal experience that girls like guys who will actually get out there and dance be 'fun'. The wallflowers just trying to look cool/tough/whatever are second choices to the fun guys.

More on topic, you shouldn't. Don't be in a rush to get married at all. Before I was married I went fishing all the time, traveled all over the place, and always felt like I had enough money (wasn't rich, just didn't spend it on anything/anyone except myself). 100% of my time was mine. I got married and now have one daughter and one on the way and very little of my time is really mine anymore. I don't dislike my married life...but I really miss being able to travel when I wanted or go fishing/camping when I felt like it for whatever duration I sought fit.

Eh, quite a few of my family members (aunts and uncles and things) didn't get married until they were in their mid 30s or so. I would rather take the time to find the right person and do things the right way, rushing into marriage with someone you end up not being compatible with, especially after having a child or two, is a good way to fuck up your entire life. As much as I would like to have a kid or two of my own one day, I don't really want to fuck over my life (and the kid's) in order to do it. Don't force yourself to be unhappy just because others wouldn't be happy in your shoes if you are in all reality completely okay with being single.

The only problem is i dont like older women so if I let more years go by Im gonna be like 40 going after girls in their twenties. Is that normal or does it make me a dirty old man?
    Well then you better be driving porches and lambo's for life, because an 18-23 year old dime piece isn't going to marry, let alone date, a broke 40 year old.

If we're talking marriage, then age shouldn't even be an issue. You fall in love with the person for who they are, if the thought of that person aging is an issue you shouldn't be getting married, period.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    rushing into marriage with someone you end up not being compatible with, especially after having a child or two, is a good way to fuck up your entire life
    Not trying to rush but Im kinda worried about the fact that I have never even been on a date. Its not like Im trying. I have spent a fortune on clothes and going to bars. Also Im not some 350 pound gaming nerd. I work out 4 days a week so Im in decent shape, but I dont have the body of Usher. Its like I have some kind of disease that makes women run away from me.

Deleted
    There's no need to worry about marriage. What's so bad about being single?

If you ere dating at some point in your life I would say don;t worry about it but since you obviously want to and haven't been on a date the answer would be now. Start worrying now. That being said chicks dig confidence so quit being a pansy and go ask some out.