Thread: Sub Raiding?

Sub Raiding?

Hi, I play a rogue and I recently just started raiding on it and I'm 3/8H in DS and I like combat and all, it keeps consistent numbers, but it can be sooo boring. I know sub can beat out combat on a single target patchwork style fight, but how consistent is sub? could it be viable to just play sub and that's it for all of Heroic DS? Or would I be bringing my raid down.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing Sub the entire DS? It's not bad but It's not exactly ''Helpful'' within your raids, Certain specs will always edge out other specs due to the mechanics of each encounter

10+ Year Old Account
    Tactics dependent you'll hurt your DPS more than otherwise on some fights... it's certainly viable, and there are some weeks I've done full clears in sub because I couldn't make myself go combat (outside Ultraxion, since I don't have a hemo-CPgen spec). You'll be ahead for Morchok, fine for Yor, fine (or ahead, tactics and needs dependent) on Zon'ozz, ahead for Hagara, behind for Ultraxion (less, if hemo), behind on Blackhorn (less or more depending on how much your group has you cleave), ahead on spine (for tendons), and just fine for Madness, although you won't have the advantages of assassination's snares or the silliness of cleaving onto blood while hitting other targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I switched from combat to sub as soon as I got my legendaries. Even thought it is a huge difference in playstyle, you can get the hang of it very fast. The first raid I tried it, I didn't even lost any damage (aside from the missing cleave of course), because the scaling is just that high. Sub has become a lot more forgivable than it was at the beginning of FL. If you're raid can live without Blade Flurry, you can easily go sub in all fights except Ultra. Thought a hemo build is even viable there.