Al'akir possible bug or hidden mechanic?

Recently, I've been three manning Al'akir normal for the mount. I've killed Al'akir enough times to know his mechanics, as have the people I've been running it with but today, a little after we got into P3, both me and the healer lost control of our character (unable to even use spells) as some form of wind pushed us around, conveniently, right around the lightning cloud killing us rather swiftly and wiping the group.
    We ignore it, pull again and get to p3. Luckily only the healer gets it this time so the rest of us are able to kill him. I go down and mass rez our healer, as soon as he's rezzed he shoots off in a random direction exclaiming 'Where the hell am I?' and that he can't control his char again. I try to follow his icon over the zone, but he's moving incredibly fast and no clipping through the buildings. He then hearthstones out, apparently, he could only see fog on his screen and had no idea where he was, hearthed out and then he was fine.

This seems like a freaking weird bug, but is it possible that, since it happened during the fight that it was one of Al'akir's abilities and does anyone have any info on this / experienced it themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of, or experienced this. Malygos once bugged and kept attacking my group during phase two (he was half in/half above the platform, still flying). I think you were just unlucky with some bug that has presented itself.

Had this too, almost every fight.
    Thought it was normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

The tornadoes spawn and keep going in phase 3 for a short time, which is why groups normally go all the way to the top of the boss and work their way down. The tornadoes don't show up, but it still detects them for a short time.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the mechanic if you get too far away (or too close?) to him.

Quote Originally Posted by wowwiki
    Relentless Storm - If you aren't in close range to the boss you get caught in this storm, which makes you unable to move or cast and throws you all around the room, and the Lightning Clouds damage you while in this, so almost certain death if you get caught.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Al'Akir_(tactics)

You got too far away.

If you go to far away you get bounced back in to a huge tornado around him, been there since beta.