Shaman gear and why I'm worried.

Hey guys The True Rompa here. Been lurkin these forums for about a year and I finally had to throw in some input. Back when this site showed (I believe) t12 and all of the other armor sets for each class it showed me shamans aint gettin that special love when it comes to gear. I know aesthetics come into play but from what I've read on these forums and from what I've seen on the transmog thread is most shamans prefer the same 3 sets of gear over any other set. While i love transmog and the options it brings I also remember Blizz saying that this was not them calling it in. T13 for shammys isnt doin it for me, and the new season gear is kinda puttin me down. I love my shaman to death but its seems like most shaman sets were first draft attempts at other classes gear almost. Please don't see this as an "omg blizz hates shamans AMG!!!" post. I'm simply writing this to see if I'm being victim of the "grass is always greener" effect or I have some legitimacy to my concerns about the loos of shamans gear.

TL;DR Shaman gear aint cutting it it seems.

Deleted
    Elemental and Enhancement have always been shit when it comes to gearing...atleast preCata, haven't played Cata much so can't judge on that

[User was infracted for this post]
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-05-06 at 05:56 PM.

thank you for your reply sarac. i might have totally missed my point. i was going off a more "how it looks" apporach. my bad

Deleted
    Uhm, hi there! have you considered getting your glasses dusted off?(ps:that was a funny remark, not an offensive one) shaman T13 is amazing. and it has a really "shaman" feel to it.

t11 is good but nothing special
    t12 Heroic one looks amazing
    t13 amazing spliting with t 10(blue) Nr.1 Spot

BUT pvp gear is horible

chalange mode set is intersting want to see how it will fit on my male dranei

I love how shaman T12 heroic looks. In my opinion all classes are getting okay sets. There are some that look better than others, but thats just how it is. For example I can't stand T13 druid, but I love the priest and DK ones.
    This is all personal opinion, obviously, but I just want to show that not everybody hates the way shaman sets look.

EDIT: T11 and T13 look decent for shammies, nothing really exceptional, but definately not bad in any way.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Challenge gear has me concerned. very troll looking. Seems like everyone else gets chinese art. shamans get south pacific :P

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    I love how shaman T12 heroic looks. In my opinion all classes are getting okay sets. There are some that look better than others, but thats just how it is. For example I can't stand T13 druid, but I love the priest and DK ones.
    This is all personal opinion, obviously, but I just want to show that not everybody hates the way shaman sets look.

EDIT: T11 and T13 look decent for shammies, nothing really exceptional, but definately not bad in any way.
    Thank you Drathos. Maybe it is just me then. Im sure if I played another class I would have a similar topic about their gear lol. Im very picky when it comes to looks and what not.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of variation in gear, and part of the reason they introduced Transmogrification is that they never release a set that makes 100% of the playerbase happy, aesthetically. So now, if the set isn't to your taste, you can change it.

I'm not a FAN of the Challenge Mode set, but I'm not against it either. I see why it would appeal to some players. I really don't like our first PvP set in Cata, but I've really liked some PvP sets in the past, so I just chalk that up to aesthetic preference. In Cata, T11 was "okay", T12 was great, and T13 is my favorite armor set ever now, and what I will be basing my transmog on until they release a new set I prefer (though I'm also looking at getting a "clockwork" set going for fun).

Some people really like the "elementals" look to some sets, one thing I've missed is the "ancestor spirits" feel to Shaman, and that's why I love T13 so much. The Challenge mode armor set in MoP really pushes the feral/primal/totemic angle, which they really haven't done much in the past, but it's a valid interpretive view of Shaman and one I welcome conceptually. It also kind of hearks back a bit to the old Earthfury set, but mostly via the helm I guess.

That's one of the issues with Shaman; we have a bunch of disparate lore pieces we weld into one cohesive whole. A lot of people prefer one aspect over the others, and gearsets that emphasize those other aspects will seem less "shiny" to them.

I guess the big thing now though, is that if you don't like it, transmog it

I have been a fan of most of the shamans sets, although sometimes it's easy to have the feeling that the grass is greener on the other side, when looking at other classes sets.

I will admit the recent pvp armor for shamans did feel a bit odd, though they did try something different.

Endus and pyscho thank you both for your imput. After writing this post i made a few transmog sets and came to realize how fun it actually is. I think I'll be just fine when it comes to shaman gear now lol. Appreciate everything.

Deleted
    I feel completely different all shaman tiers have looked great in cataclysm

Obviously tier gear looks more "epic" but a lot of the fun of making your character look how you want is looking into greens and recolors of tier. I found an awesome set of blues/greens for my druid that really makes him look like a druid. He might not have huge antlers and tree bark all over him but it's a tan/green set that while minimal comes together to match well.

I'm working on the recolored Earthfury set (BC dungeon blues) for my shaman and it is coming out well. I've gone through a ton of looks on him, some minimal some huge and epic. I will always love T5 even though there is not a single weapon/shield that matches it (sometimes just being red doesn't work). Someone in the transmog threadput together a T11/green set that really does look like a "shaman."

tl;dr don't just look at tier sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    We got lovely shoulder effects on our T13

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I really like the shaman tier sets. I have to admit though what I've seen of MoP tier and pvp gear so far I am not impressed, but keep in mind the first tier is usually designed as entry level gear that isn't supposed to be that good. Its still just as high rez and everything as everything else, so I guess I can't complain. Personally, I transmogged myself into S2 :3.

T11 and T12 were amazing. I didn't really raid much of t13 but the tier is growing on me.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    I rather liked T11 and really liked T12. Not a fan of T13 though.

Deleted
    I've seen some really cool shaman transmog sets based off the tanking mail that drops from Scarlet Monastery, a good priest friend of mine has managed to make himself look like a T10 warlock (demonic trick or treater). Shaman tiers have a wider range of possible themes then some classes, guaranteeing that some tiers you just aren't going to like...Doesn't mean you've got to stick to previous tier gear

Deleted
    well welcome to mail dude :P have the same problem with my hunter np with my DK or clothie awesome sets there , but mail...:/

I like my shaman to look primal. Lots of fur, bone, claws.. Needless to say, T13 was right up my alley. My only concern is that people seem to associate shaman with giant glowy shoulderpads. Never cared for these really, so the more of these I see the more I'm going to mog over them.