Deleted

Ventrilo problems.

Hai, So I'm pretty new with using ventrilo, been using TS or skype for raiding before. But since I joined a new guild and they use vent I had to install vent aswell. Been in the guild for a few months and vent have been working fine untill a week ago. I have no f**king idea what the problem it but it's driving me mad, I can't hear what anyone is saying but I can hear that they are talking. Imagine filling your mouth with chewing gum so you can't close your mouth and try to talk, that's what it sounds like for me. It works fine whenever I use my speakers but it's when I use my brand new headset, 3 weeks old that it doesn't work. Never had this problem with skype or TS and I haven't touched the settings at all. I have reinstalled it four times but still the same problem. I have no clue what the problem is and hopefully one of you guys know what it is.

Thanks in before for any tips that might help. // Kudja

10+ Year Old Account
    USB headset? Try it in a different USB hub. Doubt it's vent if it works fine with your speakers but not with your headset.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive Always made it a habit to force the specific device for input/output instead of relying on defaults. Start at no amplification for both and try from there
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure there aren't any random SFX filters on.

Try to get them to change the codex to Speex 32 KHz, 16 bit, 10 Qlty if you can, or at least to Speex.
    I know that if you are running a Mac, that it has problems with some of the other Codecs' on ventrilo. But you haven't said anything about the OS, so it's still worth a try :P
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Thanks for all the tips, I still have no clue what the issue was but somehow it works fine now.