Murozond and Army of the Dead

Odd that I haven't seen a thread on this (and I did search, didn't see anything), but ... Army of the Dead ghouls do not taunt Murozond.

As far as I know, he is the only 5-player boss (at least that I've seen) who is not taunted by it, which is usually reserved for raid bosses.

Evidence that elements of the scrapped War of the Ancients raid were utilized for the Hour of Twilight heroics ?

I mean ... the Hourglass mechanic really is one of the coolest mechanics I've seen in any boss encounter, 5-player or raid. Not to mention the gorgeous scenery in Well of Eternity. WoE is even more detailed that Grim Batol, which iirc was originally intended to be a raid zone.

Thoughts ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Or it would just be pretty freaking annoying for the tank to handle 6x AotD.

Would also open the possibility of doing the boss without a tank.

casting army mid fight is a loss in dps, besides the one on the pull, not worth it.

Deleted
    Did you even read his post? He didn't even ask about putting up multiple AotD or AotD infight... he just mentions they don't taunt the boss and asks wether this might be a remnant of Murozond being a raid boss.

OT: Unless (atleast some of) the other bosses in the HoT heroics are immune too I doubt it's because it was originally intended to be a raid encounter. Maybe it was just a different developer implementing that boss and he felt like putting that flag in.

Deleted
    Pretty sure the Echo of Jaina is immune as well, not sure what it means though.

Ah, didn't realize they don't taunt Jaina. I've only popped Army on the final boss in each of the 3, and iirc it does taunt Benedictus. I'll have to try some runs and see all who they do / don't taunt.

I think its more likely that its because army making dragons spin like a top got enough complaints that blizz made it so murozond wouldn't.

its probably because it would make the encounter overly difficult each time somebody did it since he would be constantly turning breathing in all directions potentially killing people off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    casting army mid fight is a loss in dps, besides the one on the pull, not worth it.

This, only bad dks use it midfight. Unless your a tank who has run out of defensive cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrass View Post
    I think its more likely that its because army making dragons spin like a top got enough complaints that blizz made it so murozond wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    its probably because it would make the encounter overly difficult each time somebody did it since he would be constantly turning breathing in all directions potentially killing people off.
    But aren't there as many / more complaints about just them taunting bosses in general ? I don't get why they'd fix that by making just him (and apparently Jaina, who knows which others) untauntable, rather than making all 5-player bosses untauntable by Army ?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    But aren't there as many / more complaints about just them taunting bosses in general ? I don't get why they'd fix that by making just him (and apparently Jaina, who knows which others) untauntable, rather than making all 5-player bosses untauntable by Army ?
    Them taunting bosses in general is just part of the spell and people who complain about it are just complaining with no valid reason other than they don't like it. Them taunting dragons and making them breath and tail swipe everyone around them is an unintended side effect of an intended mechanic, so it's not out of the realm of reason that that is why it was specifically removed from Murozond.