LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I wonder why people are against this
    to watch ... other people
    So why the hate already?
    Perhaps they don't want you looking at their characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm pretty sure you need to enter your BattleTag in order for your characters to be tracked. So if you don't want other people oggling at your stuff, just don't sign up for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm pretty sure you need to enter your BattleTag in order for your characters to be tracked. So if you don't want other people oggling at your stuff, just don't sign up for it.
    Mamut was talking about armory for Diablo, not some third party site where you sign up with your battletag.

I wonder why people are against this feature (armory for diablo).

And whats wrong with looking at other chars?

Deleted
    And whats wrong with looking at other chars?
    I don't know whether there's anything "wrong" with that, but I do know there are people out there who don't want anyone to see any aspect of their character without their express permission. I can see why those people would then "hate" this idea of having a Diablo armory.

If they want to hide their character setups, they can change it before logging out. This way Amory won't show it.

If we talk about looking what bosses they have killed (or haven't killed) - Diablo3 is still a multi-player game. And players must be able to choose their partners based on their criteria.

And actually WoWProgress (and in future DiabloProgress too) has features that let players describe their experience besides what Armory shows - they can provide more information besides achievements, so people can make groups based on additional info.
    This is why having such sites is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    The best in a Diablo game? Cmon, You can't really be the best in terms of diablo; The entire games purpose is to keep finding items. It isn't meant for any type of fame

Items
    Items
    Items
    Items

That's it, Leave that stuff in WoW.
    *points at gear ranking* That should be a good indication.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    *points at gear ranking* That should be a good indication.
    Nobody is going to care of your gear in Diablo, This isn't WoW.

-.-

<link removed> Better start racking up the fg now for D3. I'm willing to bet many many people will still use this site vs losing cuts on the AH.

Mod Edit: Please don't link to sites which break the ToS.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-05-07 at 01:50 PM.

-.-
    Lol you have no idea about gear and Diablo games.
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Deleted

-.-
    I care about the gear I gather and I sure wouldn't mind being able to show off like that

There's also no need to tell me this isn't WoW, I was addicted to D2 way before WoW was out.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calibro View Post
    Lol you have no idea about gear and Diablo games.
    Hey whatever you say, It's not needed in Diablo. End of story

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    If they want to hide their character setups, they can change it before logging out. This way Amory won't show it.
    You really think people will hate the armory any less that way?

players must be able to choose their partners based on their criteria
    No, they mustn't. In fact, they can't. If you open up your game to the public, you have absolutely no say in who joins and in what gear. So no, armory has nothing to do with Diablo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    This doesn't really show who's the best, it just shows who has the most time. The only thing that's relevant is HC progress.
    How is this different than other (similar) e-sports? Almost always does more time equal more progression. Sure it might not always be as rewarding, but as long as more time rewards you, those with more time will have a advantage.

In my opinion, being the best in Diablo 3 (which in itself is I think hard to quantify) is a combination of skill, time invested and luck. With just time I don't think you will make to to the top of the ladder-boards.

Deleted
    Hey whatever you say, It's not needed in Diablo. End of story
    Not needed? Obviously not for you but I can think of quite a lot of people that would like this.

Added to what Sydänyö said I've also had my reasons before to not want anyone to know what gear I was using and know many others that thought the same. An armory that always shows your gear and skillchoices would annoy a lot of people.

Still doesn't change the fact that when I've gathered my ideal set of gear (or close to it, give or take some statpoints obviously) I'm going to be a huge showoff

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    This doesn't really show who's the best, it just shows who has the most time. The only thing that's relevant is HC progress.
    Oh please you can't be serious about this.... time is an important factor in both SC and HC, along with a lot of luck with drops.
    Last edited by mmoc70c145fdaf; 2012-05-07 at 02:00 PM.

You really think people will hate the armory any less that way?
    Yes, I think so. But basically I don't care because this is probably 0.001% of playerbase. Most players will be glad if people come to their pages to learn about their setup.

No, they mustn't. In fact, they can't. If you open up your game to the public, you have absolutely no say in who joins and in what gear. So no, armory has nothing to do with Diablo.
    When players will go for new hard boss in Inferno, they will choose. Either they will go only with trusted friends from the friend list or they choose based on gear/experience.
    If the game would not provide such info, this would lead to gameplay degradation as playing with weak partners is not fun.

Deleted
    Most players will be glad if people come to their pages to learn about their setup.
    Most players like to keep their shit private.

When players will go for new hard boss in Inferno, they will choose. Either they will go only with trusted friends from the friend list or they choose based on gear/experience.
    If the game would not provide such info, this would lead to gameplay degradation as playing with weak partners is not fun.
    Well if they choose to go with their friends, that's a different matter altogether, but the game will not tell you anything about the people who are about to join your game.

I wonder from where all this hate is coming from?
    WoW players who have nothing better to do than flame and bash D3?
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Disgusting. Garbage shit inc to diablo.

Most players like to keep their shit private.

Well if they choose to go with their friends, that's a different matter altogether, but the game will not tell you anything about the people who are about to join your game.
    Glad we found a spokesperson for all of us...

Honestly, stop pretending your opinion represents everyone, much less anyone but yourself.