Thread: Diabloprogress

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Lol you're a nut, you keep referencing this planet (just a bit odd) and go from stating absolutes, to maybe, then back to absolutes (actually stating your odd notions are FACT lol) while acknowledging current societies love for sharing private details, all at the same time. I don't even know people without Facebook..... Lol.

I am left where I started, pointing out that you do not speak for everyone, or even more than for yourself. The only change is now I am laughing (on this planet)

This is probably the dumbest thing I've seen from the WoW players trying to turn Diablo into WoW.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    This is probably the dumbest thing I've seen from the WoW players trying to turn Diablo into WoW.
    100% agreed.

I just laugh and move on. lol, this people have no clue what Diablo is about... go play Diablo 2 for 10$ or ask a buddy for their cdkeys, and try and get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I still maintain that the (vast) majority of people, whether it be on this planet or in some smaller demographic such as gamers, would rather keep what they do - for example their skill and decisions in a game - to themselves instead of putting it out there for random gawkers to criticize.
    Yawn.. Those discussions from the past about armories are so boring, they are so 2007...
    Don't worry, actually no one cares about characters of some anonymous internet user.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I just laugh and move on. lol, this people have no clue what Diablo is about... go play Diablo 2 for 10$ or ask a buddy for their cdkeys, and try and get a clue.
    I'm (the author of the websites) playing computer games since 1988. Please give me more advices, I really need them

Ladder rankings are part of the draw in ARPGs for some. D2 ladder scene was a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    100% agreed.

These diabloprogress creators should be shot in the face, and not in a metaphorical way.

I was actually #1 on the US East Ladder for several weeks. During that time did I care at all? Nope... I played because I had fun. Rankings in Diablo never mattered to me.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    100% agreed.

These diabloprogress creators should be shot in the face, and not in a metaphorical way.
    That's ridiculous.

Ladders have been in Diablo series previously. Sites tracking Diablo 2 progress external to the client and apart from Blizzard even. Other ARPGs have ladders and progress trackers as well.

Ugh.

Last thing we need in Diablo.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Funny how everyone thinks this is new for diablo because of wowprogress

Kernel, put up a big trollface on the main page of DProgress when it launches, that would be fun!
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Quote Originally Posted by bossmonster View Post
    Funny how everyone thinks this is new for diablo because of wowprogress
    /sarcasm on

Did you forget? WoW was the first to do everything that it did. Everything that happens in any video game in any genra from this point forward came from WoW. If it was a good feature, it ruined all other games because WoW did it first and better. If it was a bad feature, it ruined all other games because people copy it. It's just a fact of life we all have to deal with in the post-WoW era.

/sarcasm off

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    It has a "Diablo Guilds" button... this both scares and confuses me.
    Why does that scare you? There were clans in D2 so why not D3 and maybe now we'll have some UI stuff to go along with it besides putting a clantag in our name.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    It has a "Diablo Guilds" button... this both scares and confuses me.
    Probably just copied it over from the wow site. Also they will MOST likely be adding clan features in Diablo 3. It was announced for SC2, shouldn't be long after that for diablo.

I must find a tool that reassures me that I am playing a game well, or even better than someone else.
    Must find it to insure that I am not failing.
    Help.....me.....please!

Deleted
    I cant really fully disagree about diabloprogress, i havent seen a lobby in d3 like d2 had. The lobby/channel was actually used as a way to show off that high level HC character you made. Also the ladders were used for that.

In other words, how to brag about your accomplishments? Not that i personally need to brag about anything as i wont be in the top 10k by any means, but i think you have to agree that there needs to be a platform somehow.

I like the idea but this kind of "ladder" should be Blizzard made, not fan made. The ladders is the main thing that made Diablo 2 such a long-term success.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne