Random Shaman Ideas

General

-You gain a new resource called Elemental Energy with a maximum of 100. It is generated by casting damage or healing spells or when your Weapon Enchantments trigger. Used for special abilities. Elemental Energy generated by Weapon Enchantment triggers will be normalized according to trigger chance e.g Windfury will generate much more than Flametongue. Criticals generate 50% more. During Ascendance you generate double the amount. Under normal circumstances, you should have 100 Elemental Energy in 30-50 seconds depending on criticals.
    Chain Lightning no longer has a cooldown in all specs.

Fire Nova instant 40 Elemental Energy
    Intense heat instantly ignites your target and nearby enemies causing them to take x fire damage and be defenseless against your nature damage spells taking additional 30% for 6 seconds.

Stone Armor 20 Elemental Energy (replaces Stone Bulwark talent)
    You are encased by a stone armor that absorbs X damage before it breaks. Lasts 12 seconds.

[Talent] Elemental Blast 2 sec cast 12 sec cd
    Deals x elemental damage and increases Elemental Energy generated by spells and abilities by 100% for 8 seconds.

Fire Elemental instant no cd 10 Elemental Energy
    Summons a powerful fire elemental that rains destruction upon your enemies. Drains 6 Elemental Energy per second.

Earth Elemental instant no cd 10 Elemental Energy
    Summons a powerful earth elemental that hinders your enemies and protect your allies. Drains 6 Elemental Energy per second.

Water Elemental instant no cd 10 Elemental Energy
    Summons a powerful water elemental that renews your allies. Drains 6 Elemental Energy per second.
    Refresh: Heals the most wounded ally for y healing.

Air Elemental instant no cd 20 Elemental Energy
    Summons a powerful air elemental that empowers your allies. Drains 6 Elemental Energy per second.
    Lift: Your allies move 10% faster.

[Talent] Primal Elementalist
    You draw forth powerful primal elementals directly from the elemental planes. These servitors are 20% more powerful than regular elementals, drain 50% less Elemental Energy and gain additional abilities.

Enhancement

Gift of the Elements
    If you are afflicted by an immobilize effect, you gain Gift of the Elements granting you 20 Elemental Energy over 5 seconds.

Windfury Weapon

Imbue the Shaman's weapon with wind. Each hit has a 20% chance of triggering two extra attacks and granting the shaman a Maelstrom Weapon charge. Lasts 60 minutes.

Rapid Currents
    Spells cast instantly under the effect of Maelstrom Weapon will deal additional damage or healing equal to your haste.

Maelstrom Weapon
    When you deal damage with your Storm Strike or Lava Lash, you gain the Maelstrom Weapon effect for 30 seconds stacking up to 10 times. The Maelstrom Weapon effect reduces the cast time and mana cost of your next nature spell by 20% per charge. Spells cast with more than 5 charges will consume any surplus charges and are empowered to deal additional damage or healing and generate additional Elemental Energy.

Ascendance
    ...Abilities that grant you Maelstrom Weapon charges will generate an additional one.

Lava Lash no cd 40 Elemental Energy
    You charge your off-hand weapon with lava, instantly dealing 200% of that weapon's damage to an enemy target as fire damage. Grants 3 Maelstrom Weapon charges.

Searing Flames
    Your Searing Totem empowers your Flametongue weapon with additional fire causing it to burn your enemy for 100% of the damage done stacking up to 5 times. In addition, your Lava Lash ability will deal additional 60% weapon damage for each Searing Flames effect on the target granting two additional Maelstrom Weapon charges if that target is afflicted by 5 Searing Flames applications.

Stormstrike 4 sec cd
    Instantly strike your enemy with both weapons, dealing 100% weapon damage granting an additional 10% spell critical chance for 6 seconds stacking up to 3 times. Grants 1 Maelstrom Weapon charge.

Static Shock
    While having Lightning Shield active, you have a 45% chance when you use your Primal Strike, or Stormstrike, and a 100% chance when you use Lava Lash to deal damage equal to a Lightning Shield orb without consuming a charge. In addition, if your Chain Lightning spell hits three or more targets you retain up to 5 Maelstrom Weapon charges.

Feral Spirits 1 min cd
    Summons two Spirit Wolves under the command of the Shaman guiding the shaman's strikes granting an additional Maelstrom Weapon charge every 3 seconds. Lasts 15 seconds.

Restoration

Cascade channeled no cd 12 Elemental Energy per second
    Violent water flows around your target ally reducing incoming damage by 20% and causes your Riptide on the target to heal every 0.5 second instead.

Ripple instant no cd 50 Elemental Energy
    Heal all allies within 40 yard range of your target for x healing. Targets further away are healed for more.

Elemental

Overreaching Flames

Your Flametongue deals 30% additional damage, generate 200% more Elemental Energy, and is triggered by your fire damage spells.

Burst no cd 80 Elemental Energy
    Annihilates your target dealing x to y Firestorm damage and stunning it for 5 seconds. Channeling the destructive powers to cast this spell leaves you drained and unable to cast any spells for 3 seconds.

Doublecast
    passive
    Your instant cast damage spells can be cast while casting another spell and no longer trigger the global cooldown. This effect has a 1 second cooldown.
    Last edited by whyabadi; 2012-05-12 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Complete redesign

10+ Year Old Account
    Maelstrom Weapon was the best thing Blizzard ever did to Enhance Shaman.

I would love a resource system built around it. You really see how much resource systems have benefited other classes like Monks, Druids, and Paladins for the better.

Deleted
    This might actually give Enhancement Shamans an interesting rotation. Giving you actual thought about what to use when and with howmany surplus MSW Charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    Mastery: Elemental Destruction
    Your Melee attacks have a chance to randomly increase your Fire or Nature damage done by 20% for 15 seconds. This effect has a 15 second cooldown. Each point of Mastery increases the bonus by 2.5%. [Must have a clear UI]
    Why would you put a CD on our mastery? Enh Mastery is perfect the way it is, a flat increase to damage. There is not a need to put a cd on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    Why would you put a CD on our mastery? Enh Mastery is perfect the way it is, a flat increase to damage. There is not a need to put a cd on it.
    I agree, the only part I didn't like.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    So, if i'm reading this correct, you want it to be a bit like a Balance Druid(Solar and Lunar power)
    I have to say i like it. It makes you use more diversity of the shamans spells.

Lightning Bolt
    Your next Storm Strike within 8 seconds will deal additional 30% weapon damage per Maelstrom charge.
    This is a bit OP if you factor in the mastery
    Cause it like 150% extra damage + x% extra nature damage from your mastery. So i guess that will never happen.
    Last edited by mmoc8f7998508b; 2012-05-08 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    You love Maelstrom Weapon
    For a reason. It's such an iconic ability that gives the feel of a melee caster; a concept I find fascinating and fitting of the class/spec.

The bonus needs to be random and changing frequently to make the rotation interesting. Otherwise, Lava Lash and Lava Burst are going to be your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Beriohtarion View Post
    So, if i'm reading this correct, you want it to be a bit like a Balance Druid(Solar and Lunar power)
    I have to say i like it. It makes you use more diversity of the shamans spells.

This is a bit OP if you factor in the mastery
    Cause it like 150% extra damage + x% extra nature damage from your mastery. So i guess that will never happen.
    Numbers. The point is that you will have a bursty Storm Strike.
    It's similar to balance druid resource system in the sense that you get a bonus to a certain element. However, the difference is that Elemental Devastation is random.
    Last edited by whyabadi; 2012-05-09 at 02:22 AM.

Seems like the new rage mechanic they are adding in MoP. When you use x and y ability to get resource to use a b and c abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Noviskers View Post
    Seems like the new rage mechanic they are adding in MoP. When you use x and y ability to get resource to use a b and c abilities.
    It's actually closer to rogue's combo point mechanic with the flavor of balance druid solar/lunar.

Did you by chance post this to the official Blizzard forums as well? More people should see this, I don't like all of the ideas but some of them are pretty neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bonus needs to be random and changing frequently to make the rotation interesting. Otherwise, Lava Lash and Lava Burst are going to be your rotation.

So your saying that if we had a CD on mastery our rotation for be better? I guess I fail to see how that is. Mastery for Enh just increases damage, so how i am understanding this with a CD on mastery our damage is going to be lower when it is on CD. Which is why I fail to see the reason behind the cd.

So your saying that if we had a CD on mastery our rotation for be better? I guess I fail to see how that is. Mastery for Enh just increases damage, so how i am understanding this with a CD on mastery our damage is going to be lower when it is on CD. Which is why I fail to see the reason behind the cd.
    The mastery I am proposing increases the damage of a random element (fire, nature) every 15 seconds. Depending on which element, you will use Lava Lash or Storm Strike to generate Maelstrom Weapon charges. Another subtle points in the rotation is Searing Flames and Storm Strike stacking buff. Lava Lash still hits very hard without the mastery if there are Searing Flames stack on your target. The same thing applies to Storm Strike after a 10 Maelstrom Weapon charge Lightning Bolt.
    I don't like the random bit of it, but it needs to alternate between fire and nature or the rotation would be very boring. I will think of something.

Okay, first I must say: It looks very interesting.

Secondly, it looks complicated. I could imagine us being harder to master than any other dps spec with this built-up.
    -Haste giving extra scaling to MSW spells in form of +damage
    -MSW working with lvb again, which prove VERY hard to balance by itself
    -MSW working with FN, with FN being not instant cast baseline, which might screw over aoe.
    -A mechanic similar to balance's Lunar/Solar eclipse thingy sounds fun, but the random factor is likely to create an unstable playstyle (i.e.: in 3 seconds, which element will I get, which of the two separate prio's do I have to follow?)
    - Another mechanic asking us to stack extra charges MSw charges
    -With CL being tied to the nature damage half, and FN to the fire one, you'll either have to ignore mastery during aoe or simply use only half your aoe spells, having to stack up MSW through LL/SS first to actually use them.

I think most of the idaes sound great, but they are just to many. Enh this way sounds harder than during wotlk, or feral during wotlk for that matter. Slim it down and dont forget Unleash Elements/fury, which will obviously affect all of this as well.

Maybe take the extra effects with surplus charges out and simply allow us a maximum of 10 charges to stack, unleashing to msw spells after each other.
    Oh and WF in your build sounds kinda weak. I could imagine people going FT/FT in that scenario even, not mentioning not ever taking it in pvp.

Edit: I just realised that you dont go into detail about elemental energy (the new recource) either. Or is that just another word for the suplus charges? Having it at an additional auto-generating rate, would that mean we generate MSW over time?
    Last edited by Omanley; 2012-05-10 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Maybe take the extra effects with surplus charges out and simply allow us a maximum of 10 charges to stack, unleashing to msw spells after each other.
    Oh and WF in your build sounds kinda weak. I could imagine people going FT/FT in that scenario even, not mentioning not ever taking it in pvp.

Edit: I just realised that you dont go into detail about elemental energy (the new recource) either. Or is that just another word for the suplus charges? Having it at an additional auto-generating rate, would that mean we generate MSW over time?
    My Windfury grants a charge of Maelstrom Weapon. A rough estimate is that it will outweigh Flametongue.
    Yeah, sorry about that. Elemental Energy is the resource used for Lava Lash and Storm Strike. Your shock spells and spells cast with 5+ Maelstrom Weapon charges will generate it and it will have a slow passive auto-regen. In normal situations you won't be able to spam Storm Strike and Lava Lash freely unless you have Ascendance up or Feral Spirits. Ascendance needs some tweaking as well so does Unleash Elements. I will update soon.
    Last edited by whyabadi; 2012-05-10 at 07:27 PM.

Enhancement

Maelstrom Weapon
    When you deal damage with your Storm Strike or Lava Lash, you gain the Maelstrom Weapon effect for 30 seconds stacking up to 10 times. The Maelstrom Weapon effect reduces the cast time and mana cost of your next Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning, Fire Nova, Healing Surge, Healing Rain and Hex spells by 20% per charge. Spells cast with more than 5 charges will consume any surplus charges and are empowered to have additional effects based on the charges consumed.
    I like your revamped Maelstrom weapon idea. I could see it as a possible glyph idea replacing the msw healing glyph. Where I think it gets to cluttered and confusing is the empowered effects it gives with addidtional msw charges. I think it would be better to just do somehting like:

When you deal damage with your Storm Strike or Lava Lash, you gain the Maelstrom Weapon effect for 30 seconds stacking up to 10 times. The Maelstrom Weapon effect reduces the cast time and mana cost of your next nature spells by 20% per charge. Spells cast with more than 5 charges will consume any surplus charges and deal an additional 10% dmg/healing for each extra stack of msw. Sort of like fulmination.

Just make msw affect all nature spells and exclude lava burst.