Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Smile My DPS in Survival isnt what i want it to be.

So i did my 8/8hm run yesterday in dragonsoul, died accidently on 1 or 2 fights but for the more important ones that i really want to rank on, especially Ultraxion, i just cant seem to rank on. I do not use my pet cat on all the fights due to our raid comp, i have to bring my spell damage taken pet, but it should not be a HUGE difference, regardless i was looking at my dps and cant seem to do more :/

I am 405 ilvl equipped and am optimized for reforging to my eyes atleast, i dont use any addons for that.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...srinz/advanced

I am also in a 10 man, but my goal is to rank on ultraxion atleast, and a good rank too, but i can never do past 45k or 46k, Is there anything i am doing wrong? or Should be doing more to increase my dps? Let me know ploxx thanks!

Also feedback is appreciated i dont get offended by judgement, just more notes to take and learn.

World Of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6xodv4riczloxhv7/

Deleted
    Looking at your Ultraxion parse some things spring to mind at once:
    1) No CoTW at all - even if your raid needs you to use a Wind Serpent for the spell damage debuff, you can (should?) still cast CoTW before the pull and summon your Wind Serpent
    2) You didn't line up your 2nd Blood Fury with your 2nd Potion
    (3) Personally, I save my R/fire for my 2nd potion/blood fury to prevent it overlapping with 'Lust which we pop at the start of the encounter)
    4) Why does your Sniper Training drop near the start of the fight?

You're fractionally under the hit cap; I know it won't make a huge difference, but if you're dead-set on ranking then it might be worth using something like wow-reforge.com in order to optimise your reforging
    Last edited by mmocfe4ad8b417; 2012-05-07 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Being stupid! ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Helfarch View Post
    Looking at your Ultraxion parse some things spring to mind at once:
    1) No CoTW at all - even if your raid needs you to use a Wind Serpent for the spell damage debuff, you can (should?) still cast CoTW before the pull and summon your Wind Serpent
    2) You didn't line up your 2nd Blood Fury with your 2nd Potion
    (3) Personally, I save my R/fire for my 2nd potion/blood fury to prevent it overlapping with 'Lust which we pop at the start of the encounter)
    4) Why does your Sniper Training drop near the start of the fight?

You're fractionally under the hit cap; I know it won't make a huge different, but if you're dead-set on ranking then it might be worth using something like wow-reforge.com in order to optimise your reforging
    The call of the Wild is something i can start doing, didnt really come cross to mind, and im not sure why sniper training dropped :/ I could have moved but i dont recall moving.. all things i will forsure note down and work on next time, thanks for taking the time to check out the logs

Hey was looking at your armory and realize you are from my server lol. I play belf rogue named Canisis

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I'm wondering something about the pre-pull CoTW people are talking about. I have tried this and as soon as I dismiss my wolf, the CoTW disappears from my buffs. Am I doing something wrong or is there a secret I'm just not aware of?
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

If you are missing the 8% spell damage debuff, then over the duration of a fight, it will result in MORE DPS than using CotW before and during the fight. Not to mention that the 8% spell damage debuff will boost the DPS of your fellow spellcasters increasing their DPS as well. This will result in a shorter fight length which will lead to higher DPS.

There are also a couple of problems with you spec. You need to take out the 2 points in Mirrored Blades and add them into Sic 'Em.

Your pet, namely the Cat, has the wrong spec. You want 2/2 in Wild Hunt over 2/2 in Shark Attack.

Comparing your log Ultraxion [3:26] and one of our Ultraxion logs [3:30]: You have 59 normal and 73 critical ticks of Explosive Shot. While I have 64 normal and 81 critical ones while only having 1 more LnL proc than you. You are either clipping your LnL proc ticks or are not firing Explosive Shot on CD.

I'm sure there's some other things you can improve on but I've got an exam to study for.

To summarize:

8% Spell Damage > CotW. Definitely worth it to precombat CotW and switch to 8% spell damage though.
    Fix your spec.
    Fix your pet's spec.
    Check to make sure you are not clipping Explosive Shot and/or using it on CD.

PS: As mentioned above, you need to hit cap no matter what.

I don't know what your comp is, but you have to consider that most of the top parses will have both tricks and DI (locks get good uptimes from SV hunters with DI, and we get 3% flat haste for our auto shots and cobra shot times). Also, it is a bit RNG depending on how many fading lights you have.

Also, logs can be kind of bizarre on Ultra. The only accurate log you're going to get on ultra is one you take yourself. Oftentimes, the logger fades out for fading light, he's not recording what you're doing. Every time you're soaking an hour and the logger is fading for it, he's not recording what you're doing when you cancel deterrence and DPS.

Basically, do the log yourself.

Its really hard to rank on 10mans these days. You pretty much have to cheese it with the whole raid focusing on your performance. Tricks, DI, letting you ignore mechanics, healing you through mechanics, etc.

Does Mirrored Blades work on Hour of Twilight? Or is that not the spec you used? I don't see Sic 'em anywhere on the log, though i'm not exactly sure where it would show up. Should be as a buff on you, but i dont see it. And i don't see any damage done from a reflected Hour of Twilight.

You definitely should be pre casting a Cotw. MD - start dismiss cast - cotw just before your pet disappears - summon new one - pot - fight starts - mark -> normal rotation.

You lost sniper training near the start, as someone mentioned. Right when you popped everything, that would have hurt. Dont move!

I would also have saved RF for your second pot. I would also have potted earlier to coincide with 4pc and bloodfury. Actually, i'm not sure if lining up RF and 4pc is a good idea, someone might want to clarify that.

If Mirrored Blades isnt doing anything, and you're not using sic' em, then theres a pretty significant loss there too.

Also, cancel your deterrence. Pop it at 1sec, and hit your cancelaura as soon as the wave hits you. I shouldnt be up more than a second. You lost 4 secs of dps time right there.

Mirrored blades is a purely PvP oriented talent, 100% useless for Dragon Soul. Get Sic'em.
    44 explosive shots cast, 59+73=132 explosive shot ticks/3 = 44 shots. You're not clipping any, however, you should be getting more. 206 seconds = 34 shots, so after factoring in lock and loads, you probably miss out on about 4-5 explosives over the course of the fight. On our last kill we spent 3:35 minutes = 215 seconds, I had 11 lock and loads and got 50 explo's.
    65 Mastery is stronger for surv than agility on gloves (the reason MM hunters used to use 20 agil over 65 mastery was the fact that Wild Quiver was RNG, and thus the more reliable increase from agility was preferable).
    Use www.wowreforge.com to sort your reforges out - 961 hit exact, 4 points crit, 2 points mastery 1 point haste usually works out well. Can't expect to rank without putting atleast a little effort in.
    Stop being cheap and get proper gems in your gear, you're missing out on 65 agility (roughly a 397->410 item piece upgrade).
    If you have to use a cunning pet for a buff, you're pretty screwed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    If you have to use a cunning pet for a buff, you're pretty screwed.
    Is the damage difference really that big from cunning to ferocity pet?
    Because the dps difference from the #1 log to the #200 is 7.3k dps, so its possible to rank with a cunning pet assuming everything else goes perfect of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Is the damage difference really that big from cunning to ferocity pet?
    Because the dps difference from the #1 log to the #200 is 7.3k dps, so its possible to rank with a cunning pet assuming everything else goes perfect of course.
    Well, it might be due to better gear/buffs (I have 408 average he has 405, and we always have *all* buffs due to 25 man), but my ferocity pet does about 6.5k dps, while his cunning is at about 4.5k. Not to mention call of the wild having a significant impact. Sure, you could rank, but if you want a "good" rank, it's not really realistic. Maybe ~150, but you'd get pushed out fast.

By the way, how the fuck do I report doubleloggers to worldoflogs . Just noticed that my rank 8 has been pushed to rank 10 because 2x people seem to think they're entitled to post their logs twice. *angry*.

As people have pointed out, you need to get ES on CD EVERY TIME! If you stall it by 1 GCD, you already waste DPS. Your ES dmg % is only 30%, it should be(on normal LnL RNG) about 33-37%.

Ps. I am jelly of your Vial and cloak, I still run with VP cloak and HC Starcatcher

Deleted
    Well, it might be due to better gear/buffs (I have 408 average he has 405, and we always have *all* buffs due to 25 man), but my ferocity pet does about 6.5k dps, while his cunning is at about 4.5k. Not to mention call of the wild having a significant impact. Sure, you could rank, but if you want a "good" rank, it's not really realistic. Maybe ~150, but you'd get pushed out fast.
    Didn't know pets where that big part of the damage

By the way, how the fuck do I report doubleloggers to worldoflogs . Just noticed that my rank 8 has been pushed to rank 10 because 2x people seem to think they're entitled to post their logs twice. *angry*.
    http://forums.worldoflogs.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2324

And for you the most important part I guess is the last paragraph:
    Hopefully this post will show you how to check your own reports as to why they have not been ranked, and show you where the problem is. If your ranking problem is something this page is not showing, or you think that it is incorrect and can back up that statement, then please post a topic on the forums describing your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    post a topic on the forums.
    Is all I saw. OFF TO SPAM WOL FORUMS!

(And yea, pet's are a pretty significant amount of damage - even spec'ing it wrong can result in a few houndred dps loss, and having dash on auto cast eats up your pets focus = wild hunt uptime = another few houndred dps).

10+ Year Old Account
    You beat me by 207 dps, you bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You beat me by 207 dps, you bastard.
    I forced our trial warlock to give me DI before I let him into the raid though ^___^. You had sick luck with the LnL's/fadings tho . Same 40 second longer fight, 15 LnL (1 every 17 seconds) vs 11 LnL (1 every 19.5 seconds), and you had same amount of fading lights as me too . If you'd paired up your second pot and your rapid fire with Beast fury, you'd have beat me .

10+ Year Old Account
    I forced our trial warlock to give me DI before I let him into the raid though ^___^. You had sick luck with the LnL's/fadings tho . Same 40 second longer fight, 15 LnL (1 every 17 seconds) vs 11 LnL (1 every 19.5 seconds), and you had same amount of fading lights as me too . If you'd paired up your second pot and your rapid fire with Beast fury, you'd have beat me .
    Beast fury always procs so that some of its duration is blurred out by an hour, should've paired them up anyway but didn't at the time :<

Deleted
    And yea, pet's are a pretty significant amount of damage - even spec'ing it wrong can result in a few houndred dps loss, and having dash on auto cast eats up your pets focus = wild hunt uptime = another few houndred dps.
    Good to know, now that I've started with my hunter again I guess I need to get in to the 'zone' once again

Thanks for all the feedback guys ^_^ i guess i have a lot of work to do! iv been really lazy yet trying hard at the same time, but good to know all these little differences can make that extra damage and a possible rank

Quote Originally Posted by Bombs View Post
    If you are missing the 8% spell damage debuff, then over the duration of a fight, it will result in MORE DPS than using CotW before and during the fight. Not to mention that the 8% spell damage debuff will boost the DPS of your fellow spellcasters increasing their DPS as well. This will result in a shorter fight length which will lead to higher DPS.

There are also a couple of problems with you spec. You need to take out the 2 points in Mirrored Blades and add them into Sic 'Em.

Your pet, namely the Cat, has the wrong spec. You want 2/2 in Wild Hunt over 2/2 in Shark Attack.

Comparing your log Ultraxion [3:26] and one of our Ultraxion logs [3:30]: You have 59 normal and 73 critical ticks of Explosive Shot. While I have 64 normal and 81 critical ones while only having 1 more LnL proc than you. You are either clipping your LnL proc ticks or are not firing Explosive Shot on CD.

I'm sure there's some other things you can improve on but I've got an exam to study for.

To summarize:

8% Spell Damage > CotW. Definitely worth it to precombat CotW and switch to 8% spell damage though.
    Fix your spec.
    Fix your pet's spec.
    Check to make sure you are not clipping Explosive Shot and/or using it on CD.

PS: As mentioned above, you need to hit cap no matter what.
    Pretty much what this guy said :P