Poll: Alchemy Vs Engineering

10+ Year Old Account

Need Help Alchemy vs Engineering!

So i currently have Alchemy and Engineering, but for the expansion i wanna get one of the 2 gathering professions to go with its respective partner. I have Jeeves the portals and couple other engine only tinkers. I'm looking for others input on the situation.

Engineering has more of a vanity side to it. For Instance, you can make pets, mounts, jeeves, mailboxes, and all stuff like that. Alchemy has more use to it, as you can use flasks for raiding, potions for pvp, and alchemy is also a very good gold maker. If I was in your shoes, I would keep Alchemy and Engineering, and level mining and herbalism on another character. So then you can be rich, and show off lots of cool stuff! ;D
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say keep Engineering it will have BiS helmets for the first tier of content in MoP, not to mention tinkers are always fun, and mining to go with it would be perfect to make a lot of gold when MoP launches, people will be paying top dollar for ore on AH to power level their professions quickly. ^^

Deleted
    There really isn't a wrong choice.

As far as money making goes, Alchemy (+Herb) is obvious, you can do pots, flasks and most importantly transmutes. There is a huge profit on those overall and it's giant in the first weeks/months of the expansion.

Engineering on the other hand offers some handy items and, as stated above me, good if not BiS helmets in the 1st tier. You would make money farming ore with mining though it would definitely be less than Alchemy/Herb combo.