Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Tyler Perry Presents : Madeas Big Happy Family, when the one woman died

Deleted
    I'm gonna have to second the opening to Up, I don't think I'd ever been so sad so early into a movie.

The Last of the Mohicans

Fiddler on the Roof

Tarka the Otter.

As a kid that final scene broke me.
    Last edited by sircaw; 2012-05-10 at 06:42 AM.

Deleted
    I havent realy seen any sad scenes in newer movies or they just dont make me sad like they did when i was a kid but this is probably it:

From the one and only Transformers Movie.

Deleted
    One that springs to mind is Dead Poets Society - suicide of Neil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the scene from The Prestige when Alfred talks to Fallon for the last time was a pretty sad scene, oh and its spoiler city so stay away if you haven't seen the movie, its a movie worth seeing

Pokemon The First Movie, when Pikachu and everyone was crying. Sad, sad, sad tears.

I agree with a lot of movies already mentioned (Harry Potter 7 pt2 [REMUS AND TONKS :*((((( ], Life is Beautiful, Lion King, Titanic, Forrest Gump) Marley and Me was so sad I could only watch it one time.

Another tearfest for me is Armageddon, I know so many people hate that movie but there are so many teary moments "That's not a salesman, that's your daddy." "I wish I could be there to walk you down the aisle, but I'll look in on you from time to time."

"You know, you already offend me when you start your conversation with 'On my 2nd priest...'" -Ray

15+ Year Old Account
    Green Mile is the one that sticks in my mind, watched it quite a while ago but the scene where The big guy dies.

game of thrones - ned's execution (most intense shit ever IMO)

and ye, death of optimus prime i woulda forget about it ;p that was just fucking impossible for any kid who loved transformers
    Last edited by Joey Ray III; 2012-05-11 at 01:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of LOTR the end always gets me.

pretty much all of "I am Sam" especially when they take his daughter away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as it's based on a true story, no spoiler here, but the ending of La Bamba. The only movie that could ever get me to well up a little.

Old Yeller - C'mon, who didn't cry

Bridge to Terabithia - again, who didn't cry

Marley & Me - yet again, because most can sympathize with having to bury a long-time pet

Hachiko - who wouldn't?

Hotarubi no Mori (The Light of a Firefly Forest) - possibly one of my favorite short movies of all time (40min I think) and one of the most moving I've ever seen.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As for recent movies I have seen... theres

Marley & Me - Yeah, you can't not cry.

I am Legend - When Sam the dog gets bit and has to be... executed... :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Seppun View Post
    Snape's memories in "Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2"
    LOL. Same here. I'm a big Harry Potter fan and knew the last movie was gonna be heartwrenching for me. I kind of grew up on these books! But yeah. Snape was always my favorite character, I found him delightfully complex, always kind of striding some path in between light and dark, good and sinister. In the end he was just a sorrowful hurt man who had to do terrible things that no one else could or would do in order to make sure everything turned out okay. While Harry and his friends were all out being heroes, he was the one behind the scenes doing some of the truly difficult, gritty and sacrificial work.

I bawled so hard when he died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of movies have made me cry...having a hard time remembering quite a few. I'll just stick to the ones that immediately.

The ending of the Green Mile, for sure.

The "Marriage Montage" of Up.

Bubba and Jenny's deaths in Forrest Gump, including the aftermath of Jenny's (The Grave Scene)

I might be alone on this one...but this scene right here...
    But this entire scene was fantastically acted by Andrew Garfield. Being utterly betrayed by a brother-like friend is always harrowingly depressing.

Now not sure if this one counts or not considering its TV, but a few episodes of the Simpsons brings a few tears to my eyes.

"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" When Bart tells Homer (After his brother disowns him) that he actually like the prototype car...just a rare moment between Homer and Bart.

"Homer's Triple Bypass" After Homer's surgery is successful, and everyone is standing around his hospital bed relieved and Marge wipes a tear from her eye. More happy then sad, considering he came out of it okay. But idk.

Not that I'd say it was sad but "the social network" was kinda brilliant movie and, indeed, the scene you linked showed the real spirit of turning evil when it comes to money.

Couldn't say what would be the sadest moment ever, but I guess, since I saw it lately, "My Sister's Keeper" and damn this reminden me at my time from my alternative civillian service on a palliative care unit. Just one pure train river all the time. Can it be more sad