10+ Year Old Account

D3 Expansion content?

I predict the D3 expansion will contain similar content that the D2 expansion had (2 new characters, another act, new items etc.. and maybe a level cap increase) I think the 2 new classes will probably something along the lines of a Druid and Paladin (I'd prefer for them to add similar classes from D2 because they were fun) and a fifth act that continues the story. What do you think the D3 expansion would include? And what classes would you like to see added in the future?

Deleted
    I personally hope for a new act, and the druid and paladin classes, since those were the ones I played the most in diablo 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaroz View Post
    I personally hope for a new act, and the druid and paladin classes, since those were the ones I played the most in diablo 2.
    Druid and Paladin will not happen. They have aspects that have been fused with the monk and witch doctor.

There's spoilers about what we'll see and where we'll go in the final act of D3, so with that in mind, it's apparent that there will be many realms of the Burning Hells players will never have explored before.

In D2, we only say the realm of Destruction, which is where the Hellforge is, and there are 6 other realms still to be seen in the Burning Hells... I imagine Belial's could be especially cool.

I'm not super tight on the lore of Diablo but with the current baddy defeated wouldn't we be really limited with potential baddies? They'd have to make up new ones I guess? Secret exiled baddies? Maybe corrupt angels from long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    I'm not super tight on the lore of Diablo but with the current baddy defeated wouldn't we be really limited with potential baddies? They'd have to make up new ones I guess? Secret exiled baddies? Maybe corrupt angels from long ago?
    Strictly speaking, we can't seem to actually kill demons. They get banished into a place we only know as the Abyss, and it's quite obvious that they're capable of returning, considering Diablo is back.

Sanctuary is also full of all sorts of strange monsters that are just hinted about in lore, and lots of lands the players have never been to; expansion content is a a made-up land away.

Deleted
    can't u just wait to finish d3 at least on normal and then ask urself those questions...

better two new acts and one new class, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    better two new acts and one new class, imo
    This would be nice but I don't know how they could do that lore wise unless they bring the Demon Angel war to sanctuary.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems sort of absurd since we have Mists of Pandaria, SC2 X1 and *at least* the following WoW Expansion before a D3X is going to see any major light (not release, light).

Also, since Diablo 3 isn't even out yet... yeah that makes it sort of silly to bother caring about the X-oack.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

All the games have different development teams. How is it absurd?

Wouldn't an increase on level cap to say, 70, ruin the whole point of Inferno? Going at 70 to inferno act 1-2-3-4 (61-63) be a steamroll? They can't just trivialize it.

Might aswell just add an act 5 with monsters at lvl 65~ whilst we remain 60.

2 new classes would be amazing, but considering max players per game is 4, i wouldn't expect it. 1 is more likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Wouldn't an increase on level cap to say, 70, ruin the whole point of Inferno? Going at 70 to inferno act 1-2-3-4 (61-63) be a steamroll? They can't just trivialize it.

Might aswell just add an act 5 with monsters at lvl 65~ whilst we remain 60.

2 new classes would be amazing, but considering max players per game is 4, i wouldn't expect it. 1 is more likely.
    The new act with hard monsters in diablo 2 did not feature a level increase.
    Inferno players would get a new act of difficulty, without trivializing the others

remember with inferno, you only increase power with new gear through all the acts, adding more acts in the end, changes nothing ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    This seems sort of absurd since we have Mists of Pandaria, SC2 X1 and *at least* the following WoW Expansion before a D3X is going to see any major light (not release, light).

Also, since Diablo 3 isn't even out yet... yeah that makes it sort of silly to bother caring about the X-oack.
    Diablo 3 expac will be out before the Xpack following MoP. If you follow the product release chart, it would put diablo 3 expac 1 year away but since release was 2 quarters late, you can expect their target day is q4 2013. Then again they did switch around stuff with SC2... guess we'll see.

Diablo 3->MoP-> SC2 HotS -> D3 Expac-> WoW expac is my guess.

Oh ya for content I'm going with act 5, 1-2 classes, the mystic returns, and new mobs/items with new affixes for both.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-07 at 06:17 PM.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    there will be at least 3 or 4 expansions, each will add 10 lvl cap up, so 1rst expansion will allow to lvl 70.
    but then after 1st expansion inferno will be a pice of cake walk, as the mobs will be max 64lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mitchelluk View Post
    there will be at least 3 or 4 expansions, each will add 10 lvl cap up, so 1rst expansion will allow to lvl 70.
    but then after 1st expansion inferno will be a pice of cake walk, as the mobs will be max 64lvl.
    My hope is that for Inferno mode, they boost all of the mobs up to the new level cap and rework their stats every time, because otherwise an expansion would mean a suddenly downgrade in available content, which would suck so hard.

This is, of course, assuming they actually raise the level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    My hope is that for Inferno mode, they boost all of the mobs up to the new level cap and rework their stats every time, because otherwise an expansion would mean a suddenly downgrade in available content, which would suck so hard.

This is, of course, assuming they actually raise the level cap.
    I can't see then not doing that for inferno if they did decide to raise the cap. Cutting the endgame content down to 1/4 of what it was before would be terrible for the game.

For expac classes I'd love to see a dedicated shield using class (Myrmidons) with plethora of shield based attacks and aoe party defense abilities. Melee of course, having limited ranged capability (shield throw) with solid defense and a lot of options for damage reflection whether solo or for your whole party.

For other features, charms should make a comeback in the form of their "Talisman", hopefully separate from your main bags for obvious reasons if you've played D2. I'd also like to see a couple new gem types, of the 4 current, only 1 (+max life%) really improves your combat efficiency when placed in armor which kind of sucks.