Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Captain America, here to save the pallies!

After watching the Avengers, I couldn't thinking how Captain America resembles a Protection Paladin a lot. I guess the throwing of the shield is what really reminds of a protection paladin

Anways, Captain America is cool and just brutalizes with his shield. Since many of Protection Paladin spells are based on our shield, why not make Protection Paladins lose the one-hander?

My idea is that Protection Paladins should carry their Shield along with some small item that doesn't really do much, like how a relic works right now. Wouldn't it be cool with a tank that just runs around with a shield and fucking smashes everyone with it? Just like Captain America

Sure there would be issues since shields are offhands and offhand stats which would mean that having merely a shield as a main hand woul give your shit stats, but there is always ways around that.

CAPTAIN AMERICA!

I smiled.

/cheer for Captainfire !

10+ Year Old Account
    I know.. it's almost as if they gave us an ability to throw our shield, just like cappy does, and called 'Avenger's Shield' on purpose

and on your other point... FRAK yes, wands are now main hand weapons, give us Shield in main hand and let us smack the crap out of stuff with it would be epiccly win.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I thought of was some sort of frisbee tournament where you also wear ridicolous tights.

He does slam peoples face with his shield though, meaning it resembles Shield Slam more. There is nothing Holy about him, he's a soldier - a term often related to Warriors.
    Hi

Deleted
    Dual shields, gogo

<3 the thread!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry man, Iron Man > All
    Robert Downey Jr > all

War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    Sorry man, Iron Man > All
    Robert Downey Jr > all

wait til they get to the Civil War arc... then you'll be cheering for Cap and damning Tony to hell.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-05-07 at 11:03 PM.

Yeah, it's pretty clear Avenger's Shield is based off of Cap. America's signature move, but I was drawing a lot of correlations between the Avengers and WoW classes. (Thor's epic Lightning Bolt's and Chain Lightning made me think of shammies for example).

As to your idea, it would be interesting to see a Prot Pally main handing shields as an option (maybe with their lost librams as off hands?)

But in continuing with your Cap America analogy, I think later in the comics he does start packing a sidearm as well, which would be the modern equivalent of a one-hander.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty clear Avenger's Shield is based off of Cap. America's signature move, but I was drawing a lot of correlations between the Avengers and WoW classes. (Thor's epic Lightning Bolt's and Chain Lightning made me think of shammies for example).

As to your idea, it would be interesting to see a Prot Pally main handing shields as an option (maybe with their lost librams as off hands?)

But in continuing with your Cap America analogy, I think later in the comics he does start packing a sidearm as well, which would be the modern equivalent of a one-hander.
    that was bucky-cap, aka the winter soldier, aka bucky barnes.
    who generally used a gun, which is understandable seeing as hes a spy.

also there was a time when thor handed his hammer to cap.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-05-08 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The only thing I thought of was some sort of frisbee tournament where you also wear ridicolous tights.

He does slam peoples face with his shield though, meaning it resembles Shield Slam more. There is nothing Holy about him, he's a soldier - a term often related to Warriors.
    Avenger's Shield is a spin off of Captain America's Shield. He's also a soldier for what he thinks is right for everyone. Not just America. One could easily argue him and paladins are similar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Avenger's Shield is a spin off of Captain America's Shield. He's also a soldier for what he thinks is right for everyone. Not just America. One could easily argue him and paladins are similar.
    As much as it hurts to say this, but I agree with Asria.
    Being a soldier for the world and not only america isn't really anything holy about it, and throwing the sheild just as is dont really either show something holy. Protection paladins sheild throw dont show their sheild being thrown, like for warriors using different weapons will result in heroic throw will desplayed in different way.

http://www.dpistudios.net/sites/defa.../p_wowud01.jpg

Blizz is Defiantly aware of this as its referenced in the trading card games above art for Avengers shield.

((Out of humor considering the pop references that WoW is famous for, defiantly not out of laziness)
    Last edited by Naylit; 2012-05-08 at 10:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The captain America movie was awesome and had a awesome song I need to see avengers
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    As much as it hurts to say this, but I agree with Asria.
    Being a soldier for the world and not only america isn't really anything holy about it, and throwing the sheild just as is dont really either show something holy. Protection paladins sheild throw dont show their sheild being thrown, like for warriors using different weapons will result in heroic throw will desplayed in different way.
    Regardless, it's clear from the TCG art of Avenger's Shield that it is a definitive reference to Captain America.

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?

Yes, I'm sure Blizzard wants to add a stat stick back in when they are finally getting rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessice View Post
    Dual shields, gogo

<3 the thread!
    totally win

all paladins should have spandex imo

lool...id like this but it would also mean that shields get damage..which they would not do : /

This thread makes me think of this...

But on a serious note, pallies still need weapons IMO. Would be too weird not having one.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    libram + sheild combo would be awsome but also weird gameplay wise -> end up like monks where the mh weapon changes our abilities dynamically.
    crusader strike -> crusader smite (20 yard range)
    hammer of righteous -> wave of righteousness (no target required hits all in 10 yards)

also for holy -> libram would mean holypower from more than shock as a damg ability.

libram + sheild fits holy very very well tbh.