Deleted

After first play-through, can i skip normal difficulty?

Lets say i beat normal, nightmare, hell and inferno on my barb and want to create a wizard for my next play-through.
    Is it possiple to skip normal and/or nightmare and go straight to hell/inferno?

It just seems stupid to me that i must play normal difficulty everytime i reroll... As far as i know thats not how d2 worked?

Nope you need to clear normal etc on all characters, best to stick with one or two characters and farm content on them. How would you clear nightmare with a lvl1 char? without being carried that is.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can not skip it, I believe you can ''Rush'' meaning the term of D2 to be carried

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamerbird View Post
    go to hell
    that´s what you´d be doing if you were able to skip normal and nightmare but no, it wasn´t possible in d2, you could speedlvl chars, but you had to start at normal and lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    No, the difficulties start at differnet character levels. If you try to take a level one vs level 50 or 60 mobs you are obviously going to get one shot when they even look at you. Each increasing difficulty requires you to be able to do the DPS and survive, which requires you to have levelled up and geared up your character in the previous tiers.

You can buy gear on the AH to skip some of the grind if you fancy, but you'll still need a certain amount of base stats which will require you to level your character.

That is how D2 worked. Your character at the end of normal level when they start nightmare is experiencing the same challenges (though at much higher level) your level 1 had in Normal. If you went to nightmare without leveling/gearing up in normal you could not down a single mob.

D2 worked that you had to play a character through Normal so he/she could even begin to handle Nightmare, then you had to play him/her through Nightmare to have the gear and level to begin at Hell difficulty. This is not like an FPS where the enemies are harder, but still defeatable from the beginning. It is like taking a level 1 character to Dragon Soul. Would not really work.

Deleted
    hmm, i allways thought you would level from 1-60 in each difficulty and start a new character for the next.
    It makes sense though. Thanks for quick answers!

No, you cannot skip difficulties.

Still, you can invite a high level friend to have yourself powerleveled, but still a single run through difficulties won't prepare you well enough for inferno XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamerbird View Post
    hmm, i allways thought you would level from 1-60 in each difficulty and start a new character for the next.
    It makes sense though. Thanks for quick answers!
    Here are some blue posts on it

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Also for reference you finish Normal right around level 30, Nightmare at 50, and Hell at 60.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In my actual experience (admittedly, with a full build that reflects where the game was in difficulty a month ago), I had to push my demon hunter up to level 32 to get out of Normal, and up to 55 to get out of Nightmare.

Difficulty in Diablo isn't quite like the whole easy, medium, hard type thing that most games use. In other games, hard mode could start you off at level 1 and everything will be tuned for a level 1, though presenting a challenge for that level 1. Diablo difficulties are tuned based on level and gear. Nightmare mode, for example, is not designed for a level 1 by any means. It is designed for characters that have made it through normal difficulty already.You can't start at level 1 and expect to kill stuff designed for level 30 characters You progress through the difficulties as you gain levels and gear, ultimately reaching inferno difficulty at max level and high end gear.

Deleted
    Difficulty levels in Diablo are level ranges and not much else. If the very first monsters in act 1 of nightmare are level 30, you can't exactly fight them with your brand new level 1 character.

In WoW terms, you're asking if you can skip Elwynn and head straight to STV. It just isn't as obvious in D3 because you're going through the same content, but in terms of character progression it's the very similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but you could get carried with relative ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    No, but you could get carried with relative ease.
    No because they implemented some kind of exp-leech to prevent high level to carry you. (I did the whole run with my lv13 and a lv1 friend... he was lv 3 at the end of the run.. while 2 brand level 1 would reach the king almost lv 11 if everything has been cleared... )

However you can get crazy gear from crafter / AH and then clean your way through like if you were much higher level.