Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    I'm not going to race for first or anything, but I plan on getting my priest leveled asap. It really depends on when the expansions coming out - if it's while I'm in training at hospital, especially when there's night shifts (and really, I can't afford to be tired there. I might actually kill somebody :s) then I most likely have my BF multibox his shammy/druid and my priest to 90. I have 7 more characters at least to level 85-90, missing the quests won't hurt...

    I'm also stockpiling stuff to sell for levelers as well as planned when to level which profession

    But if the expansion comes out when I'm still on my summer holiday... I'll assemble a dungeon group of friends to get the people to chat with as well as a nice boost to leveling. Might even have a lan party if people are up to it This means lot's of coke (I know, too much sugar etc... But it's just must when having a lan), I'm most likely the one to take care that we have healthy food around (since my friends think they don't have to eat if there's something interesting going on or if they do eat, it's something like noodles and chocolate). And of course, decent rest before the stretch.

  2. #62
    The sooner you blow past all the content without paying attention to it the sooner you can start posting about the lack of content!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  3. #63
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,643
    I won't be racing to 90 as I've found that playing the game casually, at my own pace and stopping to see the sights once in a while is much more enjoyable than rushing to the end.

    Sincere wishes for good luck to those who take it on though. I won't be in your way.

    For those like me who plan to enjoy the ride and aren't in the beta, from what I've seen so far you're in for a treat. The new zones are pretty nice from what I've seen of them (3 so far).
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-05-09 at 04:31 PM.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    Stay away from Sugar / Simple Carbs, you'll just end up crashing and function more slowly!!!
    Good / Bad Foods for your Brain!
    This! I cringe when I see all the threads where people talk about loading up on carby processed junk food as if that's somehow going to make them more alert and give them sustained energy. I disagree with some of the points in the article (saturated fat from natural sources is perfectly healthy and I don't think complex carbs are any better than simple ones although the foods they are in can be) but the overall point that processed sugary junk is no way to fuel you through your power leveling session is correct. Your sitting on your ass playing a video game, you are not actually running around, climbing mountains, fighting monsters, lol. Eat some meat and fruit. You'll feel better than if you were stuffing a bunch of hotpockets into your face.

  5. #65
    Stood in the Fire Vinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Climbin' In yo Windows
    Posts
    422
    Reading the quest text is for your 2nd alt to 90 Racing is for spam clicking as fast as you possibly can and only skimming over essential quest text!

  6. #66
    Firstly I want to say that I am super excited about MoP and to all those are complaining they dont like the Pandas because they are "childish", hello we are all playing an online game, deep down we are children at heart But seriously on what planet is a Panda childish? Oh because its not the kind of creature that has aggressive rabid killer feral instincts, with blood spewing out of its mouth and jaws snapping in the air sending fear into all that see it?? Sorry macho men but for MoP you will have to suck up those egos and enjoy the Pandas and all their cuteness because theres more to games than just constant gore and RAWr caveman instincts

    IN GAME:
    100 small feasts so I can be tiniest panda!
    100 swift potions( + panda barrel roll) = awesomeness
    100 rune scrolls of fort for extra beefiness
    100 flasks (not sure if I will need agil or intel yet)

    OUT OF GAME:
    Z1035 mixed cd so I can jam out while leveling!
    I have already set aside some savings so that I will be able to order swiss chalet and dominos pizza or whatever else pleases my fancy for the first week of MoP since I will not have any time to cook!

    I will definitely stock up on coffee the gasoline of life.
    Hiring my young cousin to babysit my children for me for the first week as well, it will be a great experience for the family to bond

    I have also purchsed a second monitor so I can watch netflix while I play

    Also, I have decided to reward myself with a brand new computer chair so that my bumbum is as comfortable as possible!

  7. #67
    Redbull and my private parts. - out of game
    In game- nothing besides my mage's current gear. I dont need anything to beat everyone.
    Last edited by runique; 2012-08-31 at 08:47 PM.

  8. #68
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Here, There and Everywhere
    Posts
    2,657
    I'm all set for some relatively relaxed leveling. All I want is 89 before Brewfest really so that I can at least do a little mount farming. Not a racing kinda guy and wouldn't have time either way.
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

  9. #69
    Stood in the Fire Vinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Climbin' In yo Windows
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    Redbull and my private parts. - out of game
    Call me crazy but I think private parts are redundant :P unless there are some of us who play, that have unfortunately suffered a terrible terrible freak accident

  10. #70
    Stood in the Fire Steik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    401
    I'll be sitting this race out and leveling like a normal(ish) player.

  11. #71
    I'm very prepared - mainly because I don't see something which I enjoy and happens once every couple of years as being a race.

    I'd no more fast forward to 90, than fast forward a new movie.

    I'm taking a few weeks off work, and enjoying the ride to 90 - as it comes.

  12. #72
    I like that more people want to appreciate the artsy side of WoW, that is, taking in the new environments and enjoying the quests. I have actually never played WoW during the release of a new expansion so I don't really know what to expect.. If it is anything like the beta, however,... oh boy!

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Elowynn View Post
    I like that more people want to appreciate the artsy side of WoW, that is, taking in the new environments and enjoying the quests. I have actually never played WoW during the release of a new expansion so I don't really know what to expect.. If it is anything like the beta, however,... oh boy!
    That's what I'm going to be doing this time around, partly out of necessity (I'm back in college in the fall, and simply can't exhaust myself playing WoW, or ignore my work for it), and partly because Mists is the expansion whose story and environment/aesthetic has excited me the most.

  14. #74
    Stood in the Fire Vinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Climbin' In yo Windows
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    I'll be sitting this race out and leveling like a normal(ish) player.
    Can we swap ISP's for the first week then? That is one sickly amazing connection!
    I can't complain as mine isn't really all that bad @ 30mbps, I know people with far worse

  15. #75
    I have no interest in racing to 90. In fact, with this expansion I plan to talk my time. Explore other aspects of the game as I go. I might even focus on professions, and Pet Battles before fully leveling. I don't plan to raid till mid-late xpak. One of the biggest burn out causes for me was rushing to learn everything in the game. So that's my plan.

  16. #76
    Stood in the Fire VelmuVeera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    476
    I won't really have time to play so much during the launch days so I can't unfortunately power level to 90 and then start to grind some stuff, but what ever, I got time to do that shit later anyway

  17. #77
    ---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 07:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    That's what I'm going to be doing this time around, partly out of necessity (I'm back in college in the fall, and simply can't exhaust myself playing WoW, or ignore my work for it), and partly because Mists is the expansion whose story and environment/aesthetic has excited me the most.
    Totally! Out of curiosity what are you rocking, Horde or Ally? By the way, which anime is that in your um...gif?! I think that's what it's called X
    Last edited by Elowynn; 2012-08-31 at 11:01 PM. Reason: oopsi

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Elowynn View Post
    Totally! Out of curiosity what are you rocking, Horde or Ally? By the way, which anime is that in your um...gif?! I think that's what it's called X
    I'll be leveling my alliance toons first, but I have a horde pally ready to go, because I want to see the horde side, too, at some point.

    The guys in my signature are all from videogames in the "Tales of" series, specifically, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Symphonia, and Tales of Symphonia 2!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •