10+ Year Old Account

Looking for a new chair

I am looking for a pretty comfortable chair for my desk, I have up to £100 spend on it. Not really much more to say than that really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd avoid leather. Doesn't breathe and makes you sweaty.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, awesome, gonna patrol this thread, looking for a chair myself as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'd avoid leather. Doesn't breathe and makes you sweaty.
    Yeh, I don't really like leather, especially with the summer coming up I can't imagine it being too comfortable.

I picked up a new chair at walmart some 4 months back. Cost about $100 american. Amazingly comfortable, and durable. It's held my fat ass up for this long. I'll find a link in a bit.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    I am looking for a pretty comfortable chair for my desk, I have up to £100 spend on it. Not really much more to say than that really.
    My advice is go to the store and sit in chairs until you find one you like.

ah didn't notice the leather bit.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Leat...Chair/14014337
    even in the hotter days so far, it's been pretty good. Survived a couple of 80 degree days without discomfort.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am quite happy with my "VILGOT" from Ikea. Comfortable, and so far quite durable.

I'm not sure what your stores are like in the uk, but your weight, height/size, desk height, etc all factor into buying a chair. Your best bet is to go try some at the stores that sell them. Bonus if they also have desks.

Step 1 is to find a chair that you think feels nice.
    Step 2 is to walk that chair over to a desk that is roughly the same height as your desk and sit at it some more. (measure before you go out).

You should spend 3-5 min per chair you try and really wiggle/adjust/sit back/play with it before making your choice.

This is coming from someone who spends 8+ hours a day sitting in a chair. If you don't spend that much time it might not nearly be as important to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fadingintofall View Post
    ah didn't notice the leather bit.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Leat...Chair/14014337
    even in the hotter days so far, it's been pretty good. Survived a couple of 80 degree days without discomfort.
    Yeh not from the US sadly, so Walmart doesn't exist over here
    Last edited by Blackspur; 2012-05-07 at 10:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i picked up an amazing chair on ebay for 25€, prob from an office clearance, adjustable arms, back, height and length super comfortable, very clean in superb condition, very heavy, not easy to move the wheels, amazing, i was chuffed to bits, it was prob worth well over 100€. So i would say browse around, if you are on a budget ebay is a good place to look.
    Last edited by Bikni; 2012-05-07 at 10:14 PM.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

I got an uber comfortable one from Ikea.

Although Walmart does exist in England, it's called Asda, check out there.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20103101/

I know you didn't want leather but the back is breathing very well so unless you sit without underwear the leather won't get sweaty.
    It is very sturdy with no plastic legs and that shit that always break, at least it did for me.

It is worth the extra 25 pound over your budget in my opinion.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Deleted
    I have this chair that is to die for. People think a desk needs a rolling chair, but this chair i'm sitting on is heavenly! Soft, blue ( omg blue ) and your ass just sinks in it. My friends are all jealous and they're fighting over this chair who gets to sit in it ( for real, not a IKEA commercial Billy Mays-wannabe )

Hopefully this works:

I can't find my "original" chair, but the ones I have costed roughtly 60-70 dollars and are very very comfy.
    http://www.ikea.com/nl/nl/catalog/products/40061845/

Deleted
    Dont buy a computer chair, buy a single seat sofa type chair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    I got an uber comfortable one from Ikea.

Although Walmart does exist in England, it's called Asda, check out there.
    Yes i know that Asda is the UK Walmart, but it is noting alike, all as Asda is a supermarket, whereas from what I can gather walmart is kinda of a department store. In no Asda have I seen furniture being sold. Perhaps electronic and a small selection of clothing, but never furniture.

I made the dumb move and bought a cheap edition of an office-style chair that should (or would) have cost at least twice what I paid for it. It was decent one for almost a year, then the cushions were totally flat from the center (I'm as fat as ~150 pounds), the upholstery was worn out and the all the should-be-rigid joints had horrible backlash. So either keep it simple or spend a lot. Pretty generic and meh advice, but... meh. :P

unless you're gonna drop $1000+ on a high end real leather office chair, then i would lean towards a computer chair w/ a mesh back

they're cheap, light & much more breathable than those pleather cheap ones they sell at office superstores