Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Disentanglement for all!

Check this out! Written by Ghostcrawler.

Check out what replaces it, Nature's Vigil. It looks like it will be pretty awesome.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...alent-changes/

We're not yet happy with the druid level 90 row. We still like the theme of it playing into the druid's hybrid nature and we want to reassure you (which I think most of you already know) that druids won't do lower damage or healing compared to other classes just because some other class has an unambiguous throughput increasing talent at level 90. Classes are balanced around their whole package.

Nonetheless, we want the bottom row of talents to be exciting. In the next (hopefully) build, you'll see a few changes.

Disentanglement -- no longer a talent. Shapeshifting for all druids just breaks roots.
    Dream of Cenarius -- increases damage spells by 70% (up from 30%).
    Heart of the Wild -- now also grants 6% passive Agility and Intellect.
    Nature's Vigil -- replaces Disentanglement. Increases all damage and healing done by 30% for 30 sec, with a 3 min cooldown. While active, all healing spells also damage a nearby target for 50% of healing done, and all damage spells and abilities also heal a nearby friendly target for 50% of the damage done.Let us know how they feel once you get a chance to try them.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2012-05-07 at 09:19 PM.

[Heart of the Wild -- now also grants 6% passive Agility and Intellect.

Nature's Vigil -- replaces Disentanglement. Increases all damage and healing done by 30% for 30 sec, with a 3 min cooldown. While active, all healing spells also damage a nearby target for 50% of healing done, and all damage spells and abilities also heal a nearby friendly target for 50% of the damage done.Let us know how they feel once you get a chance to try them.
    Wow this is actually nice. Its again a burst vs sustain dps like SotF vs Incarnation. We get to choose between perma 6% Intel or a 30% burst cd which also heals/dps surroundings.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, it only took them one expansion to see how neutered and unfitting ferals without root-breaking were.
    but glad to see they give it back as baseline.
    the burst CD will be very interesting for cats, after all the survival losses I was afraid we will be bottom end in PvP once more, but this could make for some seroius burst combos.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

I am a bit afraid that this will be once again overpowered versus caster and the time a cat is hitting a caster is up to 90+%

Shapeshifting just breaks roots.

No slow shifting?... :O

Sigh@ the return of root breaking. No melee can be balanced properly with 90-100% uptime. Stupid cats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Yay lolzferal 4.0.1 all over again

It looks like these people have not been aware that Disentanglement has been a talent for the entirety of the MoP beta... and beforehand when we only had the talent calculator.

Deleted
    Yeah a talent, meaning you have to sacrifice 2 other talents to get it, now you have it baseline plus you can get another talent. Fair enough, uh?

Sounds like a very interesting change, cant wait to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    wow, it only took them one expansion to see how neutered and unfitting ferals without root-breaking were.
    but glad to see they give it back as baseline.
    the burst CD will be very interesting for cats, after all the survival losses I was afraid we will be bottom end in PvP once more, but this could make for some seroius burst combos.
    It's actually quite unusual for Druid QQ to be ignored longer than a single patch, so I feel for you all. However, neutered and unfitting? Priests have been unable to escape melee since Vanilla. Maybe someday, they'll get rid of the asinine restriction that makes you immune to Mind Control. At the very least, we could CC ourselves while we CC you, which is a step up from the nothing we currently have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Yeah a talent, meaning you have to sacrifice 2 othercompletely useless talents to get it, now you have it baseline plus you can get another talent. Fair enough, uh?
    Fixed the above statement.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Fixed the above statement.
    Doesn't change a thing, you now get that baseline plus the new talent.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Doesn't change a thing, you now get that baseline plus the new talent.
    We get what we had the entire duration of the game, minus two patches. And gain a burst cd, and make heart of the wild actually attractive in comparison to the new cd. Everyone would have taken disentanglement without these new changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    And yet somehow during this one expansion, Ferals have been in better shape in PVP than they ever have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    We get what we had the entire duration of the game, minus two patches. And gain a burst cd, and make heart of the wild actually attractive in comparison to the new cd. Everyone would have taken disentanglement without these new changes.
    Except for moonkin, who already had disentanglement baseline even in MoP, and thus made it an absolutely worthless talent.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of vague descriptions on the new talents. "heal a nearby friendly target for 50% of the damage done". Do you pick the healing target, is it random, etc? I'm avoiding new content on the beta so as to not spoil the actual game, but it will be interesting to see when others can test the changes (they're not live yet).
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    And yet somehow during this one expansion, Ferals have been in better shape in PVP than they ever have.
    Pretty much this, ferals in tbc and wotlk were absolute shite(cant say about vanilla) but to say that ferals needed to have 100% root breaker on no cd to be viable is such a misinformed statement. As a resto druid I can only hope they shit on feral damage to compensate for them soon having 100% up time and the strongest instant CC in the game.

I like the idea for Nature's Vigil so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Kind of vague descriptions on the new talents. "heal a nearby friendly target for 50% of the damage done". Do you pick the healing target, is it random, etc? I'm avoiding new content on the beta so as to not spoil the actual game, but it will be interesting to see when others can test the changes (they're not live yet).
    Look at Atonement and Mistweavers. It's neither random nor do you get to pick.