Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Diablo III Europe Launch night

Hello, earlier today, or yesterday it was a bluepost said;

Global Play Launch Time
    We’ll be turning on Global Play when the game has launched in all regions. This means that you will not be able to play in a region outside your home region until after the Americas’ midnight launch at 12:01 a.m. PDT on May 15. We’ll provide an update once Global Play is enabled, and you’ll then be able to change the region you connect to through the game’s options. Please note that characters, items, and friends lists do not transfer across regions and players who use Global Play to connect outside of their home region will only be able to access the gold-based auction house. More information can be found in our Global Play introduction article.

As they're 8 Hour's AFTER us, does it mean that the EU player's not going to be able to play before 8am, as in 8a clock in the morning, abit confused here!

Good answers pl0x.

Deleted
    Pretty much. Depends on where you live in Europe, but that's me fucked for trying to mash as much leveling as I could in one night.

As far as I know, the furthest any part of America behind England is 8 hours so it's going to be at least 8am before Europe can play.

EDIT: Re-read it and I think I've figured it out. I got the wrong idea. It's saying that you can play, just not with people outside your server group (EG North America, Europe, Asia).
    Last edited by mmocb98bc3d62f; 2012-05-07 at 11:19 PM.

It says that if youre from europe you will not be able to play on US or Asian ''realms'' until US release. Doesnt say when will you be able to play on EU tho. I think that as usually EU will get screwed and we will not be able to play until next day midnigth or something but maybe EU will roll out sooner.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is referring to global play (playing outside your region.) You can play inside your region at 12:01 in relevant time (so in Europe, 12:01am CEST), but you can not create a character on the American severs for example until after they unlock there.

Whether you’re attending a launch event, grabbing the game at a local store, or waiting patiently at home for your digital version to unlock, you’ll want to be ready to jump in right when the servers open. For the European region, the game servers will go live at 00:01 CEST on May 15
    Last edited by Liort; 2012-05-07 at 11:21 PM.

you just can't play with other time zones until they launch, which isn't until local 00:00. all general regions launch at different times.

Deleted
    /bow, thank's for lé answers!

If you're in Europe, you'll be able to play significantly earlier than Americans (in fact, USA is the LAST region to go online in D3).

You will not, however, be able to create characters outside of your region. So if you wanted to play in NA, you'd have to wait for 8 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    It says that if youre from europe you will not be able to play on US or Asian ''realms'' until US release. Doesnt say when will you be able to play on EU tho. I think that as usually EU will get screwed and we will not be able to play until next day midnigth or something but maybe EU will roll out sooner.
    As far as I know europe actually gets the game first... so No, we wont get screwed, in fact we will be playing the game a good 6-8 hours before the US players :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I think Europe players will get to play it first. . . right?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Actually, I think Europe players will get to play it first. . . right?
    No, Taiwan.

On top of that, I really doubt we will all be able to play at 12:01am of our region time. Just imagine the number of people trying to log in at the exactly same moment and remember any new WoW expansion or even D3 open beta weekend.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    On top of that, I really doubt we will all be able to play at 12:01am of our region time. Just imagine the number of people trying to log in at the exactly same moment and remember any new WoW expansion or even D3 open beta weekend.
    But having it as 12:01 AM of a region time would reduce the strain, locking it to one time worldwide means that there'd be more simultaneous logons...

Deleted
    What it means is we've got a timeline that goes something like this

08:01 PDT / 17:00 CEST (Central EU) - Client Unlocks
    00:01 CEST - EU Server Unlocks
    00:01 PDT (which is 07:01 CEST) - America Server Unlocks

So EU still plays in advance of America, it is just that America has 16 hours to install/download the patch before servers go live and the EU only has 7 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    What it means is we've got a timeline that goes something like this

08:01 PDT / 17:00 CEST (Central EU) - Client Unlocks
    00:01 CEST - EU Server Unlocks
    00:01 PDT (which is 07:01 CEST) - America Server Unlocks

So EU still plays in advance of America, it is just that America has 16 hours to install/download the patch before servers go live and the EU only has 7 hours.
    As if those 7 hours are something to complain about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    As if those 7 hours are something to complain about.
    Nope, they're not... I was purely stating facts to make sure EU players realise we still get it in advance, I don't see anyone complaining :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So at 17:00 CEST you will be able to finish the install? My god that is early, that pretty much means after 6 PM Finnish time I won't be able to browse any forums or Diablo websites in fear of stumbling on spoilers, as the client will be datamined in no time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    So at 17:00 CEST you will be able to finish the install? My god that is early, that pretty much means after 6 PM Finnish time I won't be able to browse any forums or Diablo websites in fear of stumbling on spoilers, as the client will be datamined in no time.
    Aye, Bashiok put out a warning on that last night, and I've put a sticky on the top of the page too. The client will be datamined fully pretty quickly and as soon as the info goes up on Diablo Fans it'll be everywhere, so I'd 100% recommend avoiding forums if it's really important.

Deleted
    EU Server will go Live at 00:01 CEST on Tuesday, 15th of May and EU players will be able to connect to them and play.
    EU players will be able to log into other regions at 08:01 CEST on Tuesday, 15th of May ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Aye, Bashiok put out a warning on that last night, and I've put a sticky on the top of the page too. The client will be datamined fully pretty quickly and as soon as the info goes up on Diablo Fans it'll be everywhere, so I'd 100% recommend avoiding forums if it's really important.
    I know diablo @incgamers will not post any datamined info on their site for at least a week after release, which is usually my site of choice, but I'm still not going to risk it. I will finish my install at 17:00 CEST and shutdown my computer and stay far away from it till I turn it on next morning to start playing. Going to be one torturous evening. Getting too old to play an all-nighter nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I know diablo @incgamers will not post any datamined info on their site for at least a week after release, which is usually my site of choice, but I'm still not going to risk it. I will finish my install at 17:00 CEST and shutdown my computer and stay far away from it till I turn it on next morning to start playing. Going to be one torturous evening. Getting too old to play an all-nighter nowadays.
    I will install and download at midnight on the 15th. Leaving me with an hour to finish it before it goes live here in the States. Needless to say I plan on getting nothing but work done so I can avoid all forums till after I finish the game. 8 hours of working that day and uploading so that I can take the next 4 days of the week off.