Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The servers were totally crushed by the open beta, but that was the point of the open beta, to find at what point the servers went into meltdown and they had to severely cap/restrict the number of players logged on. Meltdown point was achieved within the first few minutes, with servers totally failing, followed by extensive downtime, and then a severe limit :P

Also, game is rated 15+ in most parts of the world, I seriously doubt that many "kiddies" are playing or the fact that it releases between 10pm-1am is going to mean the servers aren't busy because it's on a weekday.

Bashiok has already said that it may take up to 40 seconds to log in, and that may be queues if servers go over their limit.

That being said, I'm sure that they learnt a lot from the open beta, had a fairly smooth cataclysm release and will be adequately prepared.
    I have no idea about servers in EU but over here come Sunday I could log in a few seconds every time.

The game is rated 17+ in the states but games are still freedom of speech so it is legal for them to get the games through an older person or just lie.

With the release being at midnight Pacific it will not go live till three in the morning for the larger portion of the USA. With school being the next day they can not stay up and play.

I honestly doubt the lag will hit till the following Saturday till after 2 PM eastern time.

They did say the open beta revealed 12-15 completely new issues they didn't have before, so the servers will be somewhat more stable if nothing else I guess.