Thread: rogue/mage help

rogue/mage help

My partner(rogue) and i are having alot of trouble with this comp, he doesnt know how to open as rogue and after that im just trying to survive do to lack of peels. all the videos i watch are somewhat outdated can anyone help us out with a solid opener roatation

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know enough about either of those classes, but it's worth chiming in to say that the experts on this board are going to need more information to suggest anything.

What specs do you both run would be a good place to start.

rogue is sub im frost sometimes fire but rarely with that comp

Never go fire. Your opener should include just a garrote or cheapshot depending and you come out of invis at the same time popping icy veins and pet nova. then Orb for FoF procs and use ice lance. Opener is extremely important. Don't open on the healers because as a mage you can easily CC bad ones and CC good ones relatively well.

My fights usually: Open on the dps, (if it's a DK counterspell or rogue garrote to stop ams) then deep freeze the healer and 50% of the time they'll trinket into a sheep. if they do then it's laters because you get another sheep then a blind and it's GG. If your opener fails and you don't get momentum, try and pop a trinket from the healer and reset. You can win games with a sheep>smokebomb

It's a good comp if you're competent players, otherwise it's difficult. If you play your classes well it's easy; I assume you're both relatively new so my advice is just practice.
    this game sucks

Anytime your rogue can get a sap off right before you open it is a bonus.

You guys should be forcing a trinket. Once a person trinkets have the Rogue blind them, then vanish about 1 second before the blind wears off and sap this same person. Blind and Sap don't share a diminishing return, and that is 14 seconds of CC right there. If you can follow this up with a poly morph you should easily win. This is one of the reason Rogues and Mages do so well together IMO. Almost no one can survive 20+ seconds of their partner being CC'd.