Trouble shooting a laptop that had heat issue

I just received a laptop from my aunt who said that this laptop would turn off after a few minutes of usage.
    The laptop is a few years old so I instantly assumed it was it was dust and so i took it home and clear out all the dust with a compressed air can.

*I was amazed how much dust balls flew out of this*
    anyways once that was over I wanted to check if the laptop was actually cooler now.
    Plugged it in hit the power switch the power LED turns on and turns off almost instantly.

So at this point what am I dealing with and is there any possibility of bring this laptop back to life?
    It would at least turn on before I did this but now its just dead.

Laptop Model
    Toshiba Satellite L305-SS919

thank you in advance...hoping the cpu/mobo isn't dead

Even without a heatsink installed, it should have worked for at least a few seconds before shutting down due to heat. Very possible that the mobo IS dead.

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/lapto...ware-problems/

i feel terrible for making this thread because I found out both the battery and the AC adapter is dead. The adapter had the green light telling me it had power but in reality it couldn't transfer power into the laptop. For some reason my MSI adapter was a perfect fit and I plugged it in and everything turned on. Sad thing is this 4year old laptop runs cooler than my brand new msi laptop =\ thanks for the quick reply wish I can delete this thread so it doesn't take up space.

Lol, no problem.
    I shouldn't have been so quick to jump on the "dead motherboard" train either. Good thinking on your side.