Poll: Which order will you join?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I had a question about this, actually. It's probably a long shot, but...

My main is a sylvari guardian and I just hit level 20. Despite my low level, I've done a lot on this character (unlocked a lot of awesome rare dyes, gotten 100% exploration in a few places, etc). I've just been taking my time and investing a lot into the character. I recently got to the quest where I'm asked if I want to join/side with the Vigil or Priory and through some weird error or misclick on my part (idk if it is a bug or just me being dumb, because some other guy in area chat said that he did exactly the same thing on the same quest), but when trying to exit the convo with the Priory guy, it selected him instead. I had wanted to side with the Vigil all along. This upset me really badly and there's nothing I can do about it.

I guess I'd like to ask, is there any way I can reset the story quest? I haven't officially completed it, and I never accepted the reward. My quest log still says I'm technically on the quest. I just can't go back and change my decision and do it over or reset it as far as I can tell, unless I am missing something?

Alternatively, if that is not possible, my friend claims that regarding these orders that this isn't my only chance and that I'll have a few quests after to choose between them again before making a final decision. I had originally thought THIS was my only available one. If this is true, could someone confirm it? Honestly, if I just permanently chose the wrong order, I'm considering deleting her, as it upsets me that much.

(To note: I'm a roleplayer and have a distinct personality for my character imagined. So the choice I accidentally made is not what she would do at all. That's why I am hoping I'm not stuck with this.)
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Dr. Carl Sagan

Deleted
    Order of Whispers was my choice but I'm gonna take the Durmand Priory with my next character unless it's a warrior, in which case I'll take the Vigil

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by summourn View Post
    I had a question about this, actually. It's probably a long shot, but...

My main is a sylvari guardian and I just hit level 20. Despite my low level, I've done a lot on this character (unlocked a lot of awesome rare dyes, gotten 100% exploration in a few places, etc). I've just been taking my time and investing a lot into the character. I recently got to the quest where I'm asked if I want to join/side with the Vigil or Priory and through some weird error or misclick on my part (idk if it is a bug or just me being dumb, because some other guy in area chat said that he did exactly the same thing on the same quest), but when trying to exit the convo with the Priory guy, it selected him instead. I had wanted to side with the Vigil all along. This upset me really badly and there's nothing I can do about it.

I guess I'd like to ask, is there any way I can reset the story quest? I haven't officially completed it, and I never accepted the reward. My quest log still says I'm technically on the quest. I just can't go back and change my decision and do it over or reset it as far as I can tell, unless I am missing something?

Alternatively, if that is not possible, my friend claims that regarding these orders that this isn't my only chance and that I'll have a few quests after to choose between them again before making a final decision. I had originally thought THIS was my only available one. If this is true, could someone confirm it? Honestly, if I just permanently chose the wrong order, I'm considering deleting her, as it upsets me that much.

(To note: I'm a roleplayer and have a distinct personality for my character imagined. So the choice I accidentally made is not what she would do at all. That's why I am hoping I'm not stuck with this.)
    You don't actually choose which order to join until it's specifically said by your iconic character (in your case should Caithe as Sylvari). There are 3 quests where you choose a plan but neither of the 3 decide which order you join. I actually chose each order 1 time with their plan and the next quest I joined my selected order.

Deleted
    I play MMOs to kill dragons, so vigil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    You don't actually choose which order to join until it's specifically said by your iconic character (in your case should Caithe as Sylvari). There are 3 quests where you choose a plan but neither of the 3 decide which order you join. I actually chose each order 1 time with their plan and the next quest I joined my selected order.
    Awesome. I'm not so upset now; though I'm still a little saddened that part of the story I'll have to do with a choice my character wouldn't really make. Really glad I'm not perma-stuck with it though. Thanks so much! You made my day.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Dr. Carl Sagan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Didn't want to start a new thread so necro'ing a day old one is fine. In terms of orders, specifically the Vigil (and Vigil Keep), why are the level 80 weapons/armor sets so cheap? Is that intended, or a bug/unchanged portion? It's a pretty awesome looking set (level 80 heavy armor was really cool), and each piece was/is only 20 silver.

Not sure if this deserves spoilers or what not...-_-.
    Actually, I read that these armors are SUPPOSED to be cheap, now they didn't say why, but I'm assuming it's because it's just order armor, like npcs walk around in that shit like its nothing, I'm pretty sure race armor is the same way.

Think of it this way, dungeon armor an legendaries and all that stuff is all super rare on NPCs, and is supposed to really show how BA your character is, where the order and race armor, where you tower over most of the others in said order and race as a champion, isn't really saying much if you wear the armor the lowly guards where (face it, we are all stronger then the guards/members of our order that aren't super important)
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    First playthrough went Vigil. Second character Whispers, i love their quests. Tybalt (Tibalt?) is my favourite character so far, he adds some humour, i also love the introduction to him.

I went Whispers with my Ranger. She -is- a Norn, so that would seem to suggest Vigil, but Raven is her chosen spirit... so I figured Whispers was a good bet.

Went Priory on my Warrior, gonna go Whispers on my Thief and Vigil on my Elementalist.I like the Priory so far, doing Indiana Jones stuff with my enthusiastic salad sidekick.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2012-09-05 at 01:47 AM.

Best thing about Whispers is, by far... Tybalt. And especially Tybalt magicked into a woman.

The poll results being as even as they are isn't surprising at all... It's a fantasy game, and a lot of people really get into the role of their characters... Me, I'm all about killing dragons with fire.

I think I'll join Durmand Priory, if I can find where they are .
    I find studying relics and stuff interesting.

I joined the Vigil on my Norn Warrior. I like fighting so it seemed the right choice.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I chose the Priory, because of how the light armor looks =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably going Whispers, at least with my Charisma-based characters. Their whole "It's not what you know, it's who you know and what they know about everyone else." style fits pretty well with my smooth operators.

I chose the Order of Whispers; probably has something to do with Nightfall being my favourite Guild Wars campaign and the fact that I'm playing a thief. Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw is an amusing character, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I chose the Order of Whispers; probably has something to do with Nightfall being my favourite Guild Wars campaign and the fact that I'm playing a thief. Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw is an amusing character, to say the least.
    Nightfall was one of my most memorable playthoughs of any game I played

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    So I chose whispers here way back, but screw those backstabbers

vigil wooo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    But but...I can not befriend the dragons?
    This x1000

There is the illusion of choice, when infact, you are supporting tyranny, falsehood and injustice with all 3 ''orders''.
    Order of Vigil wich resembles NATO and UN security council with their political agenda to unite the world for a one world order. Then there is Order of Whispers, wich resembles freemasonry and their mission to ''illuminate'' Tyria. Then there is Durmand Prioriry, wich imo was best of all, but still succumbs to a same hidden agenda. And they seemed completely devoid of any wisdom, kinda ironic.

Meh, I'm quite used to this the past 9 to 11 years. Mass Effect is also a good recent example, despite the protests (woah, the protests actually gave me some hope in videogamers), the 4th choice added with DLC was merely an illusion.

PS: FUUUUU!
    Last edited by mmoc46aaf38d4c; 2012-09-05 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    Vigil for sure!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Order of whispers is worth it just for Tybalt - I haven't laughed so hard at an NPC in ages. Apples, anyone? Oh, and he also has a unique face, as I've tried for over an hour to replicate it in the char(r) creator, but to no avail.

I should also mention that I now want to strangle Anet for doing what they did to him. I should never have done the lvl 50 personal story quest, damn them. *sobs uncontrollably*

Edit: The blacked-out text obviously includes spoilers, if it's not obvious enough. You have been warned.