Poll: Which order will you join?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm willing to bet that the Order of Whispers will end up relying on an ancient relic found by the Durmand Priory to put them back to sleep, while the Vigil keep the dragons distracted (maybe the artifact has to charge up?)
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Honestly, I'm willing to bet that the Order of Whispers will end up relying on an ancient relic found by the Durmand Priory to put them back to sleep, while the Vigil keep the dragons distracted (maybe the artifact has to charge up?)
    that's like exactly what i said on page 1
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    that's like exactly what i said on page 1
    Bah. I thought that since I first heard about the orders! *shakes angry fist*
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priory, I like every aspect of that type of storyline.

I say we invite Zhaitan out to dinner, slip him a roofie, and let the promiscuous sylvari have their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    when people say sleep it means that the order of whispers believe there is never a way to destroy an elder dragon so they try ways to banish them
    I know what they mean, but to me that is the practical way out. I want my mind the be blown.. so I hope it is something we don't expect.
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I say we invite Zhaitan out to dinner, slip him a roofie, and let the promiscuous sylvari have their way.
    One roofie colada coming up. Gigidi.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Depends entirely on how my character develops.

*roleplayer at heart*

Deleted
    Order of Whispers.

The dragons are incredible forces of nature. Things were good when they were asleep? Let's head right back to that.

Deleted
    Durmand or Whispers... can't decide :X But rather Whispers , voting for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charr Warrior -> Vigil !

Btw, this thread is by far the most funny and interesting in this sub-forum in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be playing all of them.

But if I had to pick one for my "main", I'd go with the Vigil. The only good kind of dragon in GW2 is a dead one!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemerra View Post
    Charr Warrior -> Vigil !

Btw, this thread is by far the most funny and interesting in this sub-forum in a while.
    I'm not sure if I should feel insulted or say thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I'll be playing all of them.

But if I had to pick one for my "main", I'd go with the Vigil. The only good kind of dragon in GW2 is a dead one!
    As will I, but whenever a "Which ___ should ___ in the ____ with your ____" question comes up, I answer from the PoV of my main.
    Sure, I WILL roll an Asura.. but it will be after rolling most of the other races. Silly rats...

Actually, I've been seriously considering making my Necromancer an Asura.. which would make it my second main. That's a scary thought if ever I've had one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm not sure if I should feel insulted or say thank you.
    I mean the comments are funny and the topic is interesting and a nice change of pace from the threads speculating on endgame/mechanics/hype/release date.

More Lore related discussion threads are always nice.
    Last edited by Nemerra; 2012-05-08 at 10:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Durmand Priory for me
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

My Charr Engineer is absolutely joining the Priory.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I didn't lol, i said we KNOW they can be put to sleep we do NOT know whether they can be killed =P, for all we know you vigil folk are going straight to your deaths trying to kill something that's unkillable where as us intelligent order of whisper members are going to try to lull it back to slumber. even those Durmand people have a better idea then vigil, they want to research what happened way back when and then repeat it, which makes more sense then RAWR KILLZ IT WITH WEAPUNZ!!
    Meh if it moves you can kill it. If it aint dieing your not useing enough explosives.

A little more seriously though I havent decided. I'll probably go with whatever strikes my fancy when I get there.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    I like the ancient knowledge, in the end history teaches us a lot of stuff, we might find out why they appeared, how, if they have weaknesses etc.
    Second on my list I have no clue, both other options sound interesting. Putting them to sleep sounds like a good idea, but a united army also, though both have their problems, for once you don't know what awakened them so you don't know if they'll come back one week later, and for second choice, the races aren't very loving to eachother and the dragons are powerful, what would stop them from turning the army into crystal or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I highly doubt they'd make one order significantly easier than another. Who says they'll just fall right back to sleep? :P
    Chloroform, lots and lots of chloroform.

Deleted
    Oh, and unless I've misunderstood things, each of your characters can join different orders. Or is it account-wide?

If the former, I'm sure I'll end up joining all three eventually. If the latter... boooo.

Deleted
    I wonder if most people vote based on the "style" of the orders or rather based on their former appearances, so that GW1 players vote for the priory, people who read Ghosts of Ascalon vote for the Vigil etc...

My main character will surely join the vigil, just for the great characters like Soulkeeper and Ember Doomforge. In the BE I searched every inch of the vigil headquarters in LA because I hoped to see them in game.

But I would like to experience the other storylines as well, so looks like I need at least two alts. Or maybe it will work like every other Personal Story and I can convince my friends to chose differently and visit their stories..?