Poll: Which order will you join?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My Norn Guardian, will without a doubt join Vigil

Not sure where to put my alts... but I do wanna follow all of the story-lines -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Oh, and unless I've misunderstood things, each of your characters can join different orders. Or is it account-wide?

If the former, I'm sure I'll end up joining all three eventually. If the latter... boooo.
    You can switch orders if you choose to without 'too much difficulty', so I don't see why it would be account wide. :P

Thief - Order of Whispers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    You can switch orders if you choose to without 'too much difficulty', so I don't see why it would be account wide. :P
    Hmm, not sure if it's me misunderstanding you, or you misunderstanding me, or my cat misunderstanding the sunrise...

I mean, for example, that my warrior can join the Vigil while my engineer joins the Priory. Not that my engineer can join the Priory and then change to the Vigil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Hmm, not sure if it's me misunderstanding you, or you misunderstanding me, or my cat misunderstanding the sunrise...

I mean, for example, that my warrior can join the Vigil while my engineer joins the Priory. Not that my engineer can join the Priory and then change to the Vigil.
    And I'm saying that if even your main can switch Orders, I don't see why your alt would be locked into the same Order as your main. It's like a more extreme version of the racial sympathy.

My Ele will go Priory, my Warrior will go Vigil and my Necro will go Whispers. All three orders will most likely end up having to work together, as that is pretty much the theme of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Haimchen View Post
    I wonder if most people vote based on the "style" of the orders or rather based on their former appearances, so that GW1 players vote for the priory, people who read Ghosts of Ascalon vote for the Vigil etc...
    Nope. My Ele from GW1 would be a perfect fit for the Vigil. Take things head on, figure the rest out as you go along (that sort of thing). But she died ~220 years ago. And without all the things that made her who she was, remaking her would be an injustice to the character.

As for Ghosts of Ascalon... Only started that Sunday. Curious how good it stays. hasn't affected my Mesmer's decision of where to go, but maybe my Asura Guardian..?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I don't see the problem with the fight being different lorewise for whatever you choose. It wouldn't be a true choice if all the orders just got up during their stuff, no matter what you picked. Destiny's Edge are going to be the real guys doing it anyway, I believe the orders will just be a choice of the method, and it won't be specified how they killed Zhaitan.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Destiny's Edge are going to be the real guys doing it anyway
    As true as I know this is, I'm annoyed that it is the case. Hard to root for a team when you only like 2.5/5 of the members.

As true as I know this is, I'm annoyed that it is the case. Hard to root for a team when you only like 2.5/5 of the members.
    Which ones do you hate? Currently I only find Logan to be a total douche, but I hope your Personal Storyline is going to get them together, and let them make up for their past sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vigil Asura ftw!

Well, all of em...

But my main will be Whispers, fits his choices best.

I'm honestly amazed that the Vigil has the fewest votes, that's the one I personally like the most and figured would be the most popular lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Which ones do you hate? Currently I only find Logan to be a total douche, but I hope your Personal Storyline is going to get them together, and let them make up for their past sins.
    Zojja, Eir and Caithe. Zojja is only a .5 as I didn't like her until recently, but she's slowly creeping up there.
    I can't stand Logan or Rytlock. I can chalk Rytlock down to bad writing, perhaps I'll like him more in-game.

I was listening to a lore interview and it actually made me want to roll an Asura just to chill with Zojja. Definitely don't get that vibe from Caithe or Eir. (Or Logan or Rytlock, but that's to be implied when you don't really like them.)
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-05-08 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    to keep the lore unified i bet theres going to be some m knight shyamalan twist right at the end to blow our minds

you know, some "there must always be a lich king" crap or something is gonna happen

This isnt wow, so hopefully the lore-rape will be held at a bare minimum...

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    im talking timeframes longer than a mere + would suggest

EDIT: specifically 1425 years
    Depends how you define the value of a +

Quote Originally Posted by Nexrex View Post
    This isnt wow, so hopefully the lore-rape will be held at a bare minimum...
    It's probably just a matter of time, and what you actually consider lore-rape. One of the (many) reasons I disliked Nightfall was because I found much of it to be lore-rape-y, I wouldn't expect everyone would agree with me though.

Deleted
    whispers. And when we are done singing lullaby's for the dragons, i'll be using a sleeping pill myself for a good controled sleep.

also time of post 44 durmand, 41 whispers, 40 vigil. Now i was expecting msot going for vigil. But the numbers are quite equal upto now.

Deleted
    Zojja, Eir and Caithe. Zojja is only a .5 as I didn't like her until recently, but she's slowly creeping up there.
    I can't stand Logan or Rytlock. I can chalk Rytlock down to bad writing, perhaps I'll like him more in-game.

I was listening to a lore interview and it actually made me want to roll an Asura just to chill with Zojja. Definitely don't get that vibe from Caithe or Eir. (Or Logan or Rytlock, but that's to be implied when you don't really like them.)
    I personally find it were hard to judge the DE characters, as the writing was really really ... not so good.
    It lacks interesting characterizations, well the only thing that was clear for me, is that I can't stand Logan.

But they should have really let someone else write that book :-/

And unfortunately this lack of definition is the same in game in the personal story. I played human last BE and Logan was constantly involved in my story but totally "blank". No personality, no opinion, just does his job. Very sad, as I know Anet can do better! (Example: Red Alice from the human underdog storyline).

Deleted
    Warrior: Vigil
    Thief: Whispers
    Character after: Durmand

Quote Originally Posted by Haimchen View Post
    I personally find it were hard to judge the DE characters, as the writing was really really ... not so good.
    It lacks interesting characterizations, well the only thing that was clear for me, is that I can't stand Logan.

But they should have really let someone else write that book :-/

And unfortunately this lack of definition is the same in game in the personal story. I played human last BE and Logan was constantly involved in my story but totally "blank". No personality, no opinion, just does his job. Very sad, as I know Anet can do better! (Example: Red Alice from the human underdog storyline).
    Luckily, one of the two main lore people at Anet is writing the next book. Well, wrote. Pretty sure it's been done for a while, just isn't out yet.
    But yes, the writing in EoD was pretty bad. It's the reason I dislike Rytlock, and the reason that I disliked Zojja until there was a conversation about her in the lore interview I mentioned.