Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Are you sure you have an Asus board? Dynamic Vcore (DVID) is terminology Gigabyte uses. Asus boards are also capable of .005V steps for all voltage settings...
    I said I don't have an Asus board, they were giving examples of how to do it on an Asus board. I have a Gigabyte board.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 06:53 AM ----------

So I just started IBT... temperatures are right at about 55-59C and my voltage looks to be steady at 1.056

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirix View Post
    So I just started IBT... temperatures are right at about 55-59C and my voltage looks to be steady at 1.056
    CPU-Z and Gigabyte Z68 boards don't mix well when reading CPU voltages. There's no way that voltage is correct for a 2500K under turbo and load at the same time. Try HWMonitor instead.

CPU-Z and Gigabyte Z68 boards don't mix well when reading CPU voltages. There's no way that voltage is correct for a 2500K under turbo and load at the same time.
    It's a Gigabyte P67-d3-b3 motherboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    CPU-Z and Gigabyte Z68 boards don't mix well when reading CPU voltages. There's no way that voltage is correct for a 2500K under turbo and load at the same time. Try HWMonitor instead.
    Hmm, could have swore they fixed it before but I guess not. It's reading the VCCIO Voltage(Aka the IMC's)

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 07:00 AM ----------

It's a Gigabyte P67-d3-b3 motherboard.
    You'll want to try this HWMonitor instead.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Hmm, could have swore they fixed it before but I guess not. It's reading the VCCIO Voltage(Aka the IMC's)

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 07:00 AM ----------

You'll want to try this HWMonitor instead.
    Okay, I have HWMonitor installed. Which Voltages should I be looking at? CPU VCORE?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I have HWMonitor installed. Which Voltages should I be looking at? CPU VCORE?
    Yes. You basically want it somewhere around 1.3V for 4.5GHz (or below).

Yes. You basically want it somewhere around 1.3V for 4.5GHz (or below).
    I ran IBT on Maximum 10 times and it never was higher than 1.06V, max temps reached 62C

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran IBT on Maximum 10 times and it never was higher than 1.06V, max temps reached 62C
    Mind posting a screenshot?
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Mind posting a screenshot?
    I'll start running it again and post one, give me a couple minutes.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 07:39 AM ----------

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.... That's odd, it's not even showing the proper voltage and still lists the VCCIO Voltage lol

Hmm.... That's odd, it's not even showing the proper voltage and still lists the VCCIO Voltage lol
    Well I haven't received any more bsod's and the temps seem to be fine... Is it safe to say that my oc will be okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I haven't received any more bsod's and the temps seem to be fine... Is it safe to say that my oc will be okay?
    Yeah it should be fine and your overclock is minimal enough still that it shouldn't really degrade at all. The only thing I find odd though is that your GFLops in IBT are about 1/4th what they should be lol.

Yeah it should be fine and your overclock is minimal enough still that it shouldn't really degrade at all.
    Sounds good. Also, if I wanted to somehow get the real voltages for the cpu to show up on HWMonitor.. would you know of any fixes for that? What should my voltage be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good. Also, if I wanted to somehow get the real voltages for the cpu to show up on HWMonitor.. would you know of any fixes for that? What should my voltage be?
    It should be in the 1.27-1.31 range. Would you mind opening up CPU-Z along with IBT and possibly doing a Validation then linking it? (In CPU-Z click Validate, then click Submit) I'm mostly curious about something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you only have 1 stick of RAM.. That's why your GFLops are low, Yeah everything is fine then unless you actually bought 2.

Oh, you only have 1 stick of RAM.. That's why your GFLops are low, Yeah everything is fine then unless you actually bought 2.
    Nope, just 4 gb of Corsair Vengeance. Also I had a question... I have the Hyper 212+ with only one fan on it right now because of the heatsink on my ram... Should I put the second fan on, but position it just above my ram's heatsink? should I just stick with one fan? Should I try to remove my ram's heatsink? Is it worth it with 2 fans or are my temps fine with just the one?

Plus, the only thing I really do is game, I don't really see the need for more than 4gb of RAM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess he's going to need to install Gigabyte EasyTune to get a proper voltage reading. Freaking Gigabyte.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, just 4 gb of Corsair Vengeance. Also I had a question... I have the Hyper 212+ with only one fan on it right now because of the heatsink on my ram... Should I put the second fan on, but position it just above my ram's heatsink? should I just stick with one fan? Should I try to remove my ram's heatsink? Is it worth it with 2 fans or are my temps fine with just the one?

I would not remove your RAM's heatsink. The heatsink on RAM nowadays is usually glued onto the memory modules themselves, and removing it could rip them right off and not to mention it voids the warranty. I would advise just resting the fan ontop of the RAM's heatsink.

You really should have gotten 2 sticks(Dual Channel) though since that 1 stick(Single Channel) is going to put a limitation on your CPU.

I would not remove your RAM's heatsink. The heatsink on RAM nowadays is usually glued onto the memory modules themselves, and removing it could rip them right off and not to mention it voids the warranty. I would advise just resting the fan ontop of the RAM's heatsink.

You really should have gotten 2 sticks(Dual Channel) though since that 1 stick(Single Channel) is going to put a limitation on your CPU.
    Well, it came in a bundle from Tigerdirect.. it was hard to pass up. It was $450 for everything minus the gpu. P67 mobo, i5-2500k, 4gb corsair vengeance ram, case, psu, dvd drive. What ram would you recommend I upgrade to?