Deleted

So how exactly does this guild thingy work?

So I played the first BWE and from that experience I now know that I will spend a lot of time playing this game. For that reason I think it would be fun and interesting to have my own guild where I can gain influence on my own and decide for myself what upgrades and such to go for. Maybe I will invite a couple of irl friends as well. But at the same time I really want to be a part of a bigger guild and get to know new people, participate in their events and such.

So, the question is: Is it possible for me to have my own guild and gain influence at the exact same time as I'm having fun in another guild(chat)? Or can I only have one guild active at one time?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tintomara View Post
    So I played the first BWE and from that experience I now know that I will spend a lot of time playing this game. For that reason I think it would be fun and interesting to have my own guild where I can gain influence on my own and decide for myself what upgrades and such to go for. Maybe I will invite a couple of irl friends as well. But at the same time I really want to be a part of a bigger guild and get to know new people, participate in their events and such.

So, the question is: Is it possible for me to have my own guild and gain influence at the exact same time as I'm having fun in another guild(chat)? Or can I only have one guild active at one time?

Thanks!
    You can only have one guild active (known as "representing") at a time; however people in the guilds you're not representing can see in the roster that you're online and send whispers to you. You cannot participate in a guild chat other than the one you're representing.

Deleted
    Allright, I guess I have to choose one of them then. Thanks!

Also, you apparently can't join multiple guilds if you're the leader of one. Not sure how true that is, but something to keep in mind.

Deleted
    I like the idea, but I don't see much of an application for it. I saw the MMO-Champion Guild Wars Guild, and saw that other people will join other guilds as well. I'm not sure about you, but to me losing out on the Guild Chat option and just being a name in a roster doesn't seem to add much to the system.

I'm not complaining, it seems good and I am certain they'll expand it over time to allow more features, but could someone planning on joining more then one guild tell me the benefits of being in two, rather then just having a Friend List?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk Brewslee View Post
    I like the idea, but I don't see much of an application for it. I saw the MMO-Champion Guild Wars Guild, and saw that other people will join other guilds as well. I'm not sure about you, but to me losing out on the Guild Chat option and just being a name in a roster doesn't seem to add much to the system.

I'm not complaining, it seems good and I am certain they'll expand it over time to allow more features, but could someone planning on joining more then one guild tell me the benefits of being in two, rather then just having a Friend List?
    you like to do explorable dugneons but you also love structured pvp

the guys in the dugneon guild both suck at it and hate it.

you go spend 6 hours runnign dungeons then go "damn, i want to pvp" you switch over to your hardcore sPvP guild and shout "HEY LETS RUN SOME sPvP" and everyone in that guild, can hear you at once and they go "sure ill go" "yea me too" "thief or ele?"
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Mostly just a chat room. It's also helpful if you do more than just WvW, or just PvE.. because guilds will most likely be specialized in what upgrades they get.. so it may be beneficial to be in a guild that you can switch to representing when you're doing PvE and switch to the other when you're doing WvW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Also, you apparently can't join multiple guilds if you're the leader of one. Not sure how true that is, but something to keep in mind.
    wut the wut? that must be a bug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    you like to do explorable dugneons but you also love structured pvp

the guys in the dugneon guild both suck at it and hate it.

you go spend 6 hours runnign dungeons then go "damn, i want to pvp" you switch over to your hardcore sPvP guild and shout "HEY LETS RUN SOME sPvP" and everyone in that guild, can hear you at once and they go "sure ill go" "yea me too" "thief or ele?"
    So it is like an in-game switch. You can be in a PvP one moment, their PvP schedule finishes, you flick the switch and you're suddenly "Representing" your PvE Guild?

Didn't take the fact that it might be swappable in-game instantly into consideration. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    wut the wut? that must be a bug
    You represent the guild you lead by default according to Allanon, and there's no way to 'unrepresent' a guild without relogging.. which would represent you by default again xD
    Perhaps it's a way to keep everyone and their grandmother from having a guild? Who knows.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 02:49 AM ----------

Didn't take the fact that it might be swappable in-game instantly into consideration. Thanks!
    Not instantly, you currently have to go to the character selection screen and back to switch afik.

Deleted

Discounting the entire social aspect of it? That's kind of the point of a guild, innit? But yeah, here's one:

As players representing a guild do things in the world, the guild earns something called Influence. This is sort of an in game currency that the guild leader (and appointed officials) can spend on purchasing "upgrades" for the guild. Which upgrades they go for can vary depending on the focus of the guild, so while doing PvE you might want to represent a guild that has invested in upgrades that improve your PvE experience, for PvP you might want to represent your PvP guild, and while roleplaying you naturally want the guild that makes your hands glow.

The last bit was sarcasm; RP glowy hands is bad! Bad!

10+ Year Old Account
    You represent the guild you lead by default according to Allanon, and there's no way to 'unrepresent' a guild without relogging.. which would represent you by default again xD
    Perhaps it's a way to keep everyone and their grandmother from having a guild? Who knows.

Not instantly, you currently have to go to the character selection screen and back to switch afik.
    Wait a second, I just remembered I had my own little 2 person guild but I was also in MMOC. I had no problems switching between them.

10+ Year Old Account

no you dont theres a button in the lower right of the guild interface you can click to unguild yourself (you still have access to all your joined guids on the left side which you can jump immediately back into) and pick the new one

EDIT: during BWE i think i did have to log out once to reset the option from leave guild to "stand down" (thats the unrepresent option) but after i logged off once i never had the problem again. probably a UI glytch

the log out thing is appear as online or invisible, which im certain you can change in game as well

damn i cant type this last at night
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-05-08 at 08:57 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

What have we learned from this? Allanon is a dumb liar face.

10+ Year Old Account
    What have we learned from this? Allanon is a dumb liar face.
    can we hit him with a pointy stick?
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    If it works the way that Arkenaw just said, that you can be the leader of a guild and still join another one. Then I guess I could just have my own guild and earn influence and such, and during those hours when there's more people online I can just switch and be active in the bigger guild?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can but it would be faster and funner to have more ppl involved in the guild.