Is my tower in an "okay" place? (Advice/suggestion)

Just wondering if this is a bad place for my tower. If so any suggestions?

I am building a new rig (with a new tower) so I wont have the antec1200 (using HAF32 advanced for next build) I don't want the tower on the desk is there any type of good places I can buy something to put the tower ontop of from ikea or whatever. Currently using a little thing I made in high school for a wood-tech class around 7-8 years ago lol.
    Last edited by Friendlychap; 2012-05-09 at 05:08 AM. Reason: reduced the size of the images

You are really jammed in there, aren't you?

I don't see anything wrong with the setup (besides it being cramped), but if you are worried about your computer over heating you could always grab a cpu temperature program. I use CoreTemp myself. Keeps me informed of my CPUs temp at all times.

Deleted
    Mine has been always on the floor, just gotta clean the dust every now and then. I don't see any problem as long as it's out of the way so no one can accidentally kick it or topple it down.

Deleted
    My stands on 2 books on a woll carpet and is basically eating dust... I think thats fine

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykus View Post
    Mine has been always on the floor, just gotta clean the dust every now and then. I don't see any problem as long as it's out of the way so no one can accidentally kick it or topple it down.
    This, also i have fractal designs arc midi, so the top of the case is full of holes so air can get out from there.... So im screw'd if my drinks fall of the table

Deleted
    I don't see anything wrong with that placement (except for the fact that it looks extremely cramped).

I used to use a small bench that I made myself too but now I just have my computer on my desk. I'm not sure how big the "Lack" tables are (IKEA), but perhaps that could be something (if you want to replace your current stand that is).

I'd suggest getting a small circular floor fan that you point upwards and place on the floor behind the computer (the size of a CD/DVD/Blueray disc would be ideal). You seem to have ample space beneath the computer to place it. It doesn't have to be something expensive, a (very) low-RPM fan would be enough to move the heat away so it won't congest behind the computer. With one of those, your current solution, and cramped space, would have a minor impact on heat dissipation at worst, assuming you don't have deep shelves right above or the ceiling at 1,4 meters, your pictures doesn't show!

Picture-googling "small floor fan" gave a lot of results.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    I'd suggest getting a small circular floor fan that you point upwards and place on the floor behind the computer (the size of a CD/DVD/Blueray disc would be ideal). You seem to have ample space beneath the computer to place it. It doesn't have to be something expensive, a (very) low-RPM fan would be enough to move the heat away so it won't congest behind the computer. With one of those, your current solution, and cramped space, would have a minor impact on heat dissipation at worst, assuming you don't have deep shelves right above or the ceiling at 1,4 meters, your pictures doesn't show!

Picture-googling "small floor fan" gave a lot of results.
    Sounds like going a bit too far. Warm air naturally rises upwards... I can't imagine that giving any actual benefit as the cold intake air is taken from front of the case and exhausted to the back / up.