Thread: Ran out off CE

Deleted

Ran out off CE

Got an Email today that the Finnish site didn't have enough CEs for all the preorders and that I won't get a copy. This is the first sign I get from them of this and I pre ordered 2 months ago thinking I was safe. I can either wait a couple of weeks incase some of the CE they'll sent out gets sent back and I might get one of them, waiting is not the problem as I have the AP, but id it likely that I'll get it this way? And how can I get my hands on a CE now? Getting 2 won't be a problem, as I can always sell the extra copy. Ordered from "Puolenkuun Pelit" in Finland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that sucks hard. I usually order my stuff at verkkokauppa. My wife ordered her CE there (they're totally out now unfortunately though) and I hope she'll be getting hers. She's not heard any news though as far as I'm aware but I've never heard of verkkokauppa overselling either so it'll be probably fine.

Deleted
    Well that sure sucks but to be honest it isn't completely their fault. Main fault is obviously that they shouldn't allow people to preorder things they can't deliver. Second part is that your order was kinda late... I ordered mine on bol.com maybe 2-3 days after they put it up there, october last year.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Best bet now should be getting very early in line at the biggest stores with midnight releases. Best would be one with an official event by Blizzard, they usually have additional stock of CEs at the venue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I've never heard of verkkokauppa overselling
    Well, now you have.

Hei,

Tilaamanne tuotteen 1861 "Diablo 3 - Collector's Edition PC/Mac-peli." suomeen saatavien kappaleiden määrä on rajoitettu.

Valitettavasti näyttää siltä ettei sinulle olisi peliä enää riittämässä. Suosittelemme tilaamaan pelin perusversion. Voit myös jättää tilauksen voimaan mahdollisen peruutuksien varalta.

Well that's shitty. I hope you folks have some luck finding alternate avenues.

(I'm also super happy I preordered my CE a day or two after it was announced...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Well that sure sucks but to be honest it isn't completely their fault. Main fault is obviously that they shouldn't allow people to preorder things they can't deliver. Second part is that your order was kinda late... I ordered mine on bol.com maybe 2-3 days after they put it up there, october last year.

Maybe Finland didn't have preorderes in October last year? I know in my country, I have only been able to preorder the CE for around 2 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    Maybe Finland didn't have preorderes in October last year? I know in my country, I have only been able to preorder the CE for around 2 months.
    Not to mention that not everyone wants to put their faith in a game that early. I'd never pre-order a game days after the announce, except for maybe an expansion pack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, now you have.
    Ouch. That's the first time I've seen that happen. Well that sucks. When did you order yours from verkkokauppa? Right as it went up or later?

I've got 3 CE's in the oven as it where. 1 at Play.com, 1 at Amazon and 1 at my local game store where they have 10 coming in and I'm no.5 iirc. Of the 3 the only one I expect to pull through is my local store, never know though lol.

Not just you, poland is getting hit by that as well. Here's hoping Sweden doesn't screw us over!

I honestly don't know where you could preorder it anymore, i got lucky last month and preordered mine from Tesco Entertainment which sold out a week ago... i think every other store in the UK is sold out aswell (No idea about local stores, but seeing as you're not local...)

Might be worth a try importing one from the US, but again i don't know any shops from there to buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I honestly don't know where you could preorder it anymore, i got lucky last month and preordered mine from Tesco Entertainment which sold out a week ago... i think every other store in the UK is sold out aswell (No idea about local stores, but seeing as you're not local...)

Might be worth a try importing one from the US, but again i don't know any shops from there to buy it.
    No local none chain game stores where you are? The more obscure the retailer the more likely they might have 1 laying around. You can also sign up to be notified by Amazon but I'm not sure if that's because they are all ready sold out via pre order or whether they are just doing a first come first serve with a mad grab for 30 mins after it goes on release.

Basically I have the text message/notification from Amazon, a pre order at Play (haven't charged me yet so no idea if that's a dead cert) and a local game stores 5 mins from my house which I rang and enquired.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    No local none chain game stores where you are? The more obscure the retailer the more likely they might have 1 laying around. You can also sign up to be notified by Amazon but I'm not sure if that's because they are all ready sold out via pre order or whether they are just doing a first come first serve with a mad grab for 30 mins after it goes on release.

Basically I have the text message/notification from Amazon, a pre order at Play (haven't charged me yet so no idea if that's a dead cert) and a local game stores 5 mins from my house which I rang and enquired.
    Not that i can think of, i basically have Game, Gamestation (Closed down, think there's another one fairly close though), Argos & Tesco to choose from if i want to buy something in person here (Hence why i usually order online)

With the rather recent administration business Gamestation went through i'm not exactly trusting of Game/Gamestation anymore.. I've never seen Argos stock Collector's Editions and Tesco usually just has normal editions also.

I was going to order mine from Amazon aswell until i noticed they had ran out, they had the pre-order up for AGES so i would assume they just sold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.