Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Imo the best vanity pet for this is the Guild Herald. Someone should check if pet biscuits work on him since that'd be quite awesome (a huge orc as a pet carrying a flag). The only downside is the cooldown, but it used to be pretty cool in a raid when a bunch of people whipped theirs out at the same time.

I agree with pets being in the way in serious content tho. I remember back when we were progressing H Maloriac, i wouldn't dare to take out a pet even as a joke. The black phase was way too bad with all the spell effects hiding the puddles already.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    I have a wide screen moniter and that damn balloon is huge on it. .
    This is the bit I don't understand. That shouldn't have any effect on how the balloon appears to you...Unless you aren't even running the game at a widescreen resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Nope, my Skokar cosmetic pet is bigger than most hunter pets in WoW...

If you move it'll attempt to fly as well.

If I was lower level and had the Marr deity cloak on, my toon can grow to a height 50% taller than the rest of the raid (perfect for the MT, not others). It will block the view of the raid.

Stuff like that goes when grouping/raiding, quick.
    and that is just the thing. in wow vanity pets on get huge if YOU make them get huge. otherwise they are small. and there is no possible way for a vanity pet in wow to cause a vision issue, UNLESS the PLAYER that OWNS the pet chooses to make it big. ergo, shit that applys to EQ2 when it comes to vanity pets, simply does not apply to WoW. you're arguments simply don't work. like i've said before. we're talking about WoW. not EQ2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohumil View Post
    and that is just the thing. in wow vanity pets on get huge if YOU make them get huge. otherwise they are small. and there is no possible way for a vanity pet in wow to cause a vision issue, UNLESS the PLAYER that OWNS the pet chooses to make it big. ergo, shit that applys to EQ2 when it comes to vanity pets
    Check the video, that's a big pet. Like I said it'll even attempt to fly. Get enough players in a 4x raid with pets that size out, it's more than a distraction. No way around it.

And no, I won't remove what I learned from EQ2 as proper etiquette to play WoW. After all, this is the game where DPS pulls bosses before the MT, as fun...and even excused.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

best annoying pets evah

worst than a male draenei laughing
    worst than a worgen sniffing

THEIRS A ZOMBIE IN YUR LAAAWWWW HAAAWNNN

Quote Originally Posted by Bohumil View Post
    and that is just the thing. in wow vanity pets on get huge if YOU make them get huge. otherwise they are small. and there is no possible way for a vanity pet in wow to cause a vision issue, UNLESS the PLAYER that OWNS the pet chooses to make it big. ergo, shit that applys to EQ2 when it comes to vanity pets, simply does not apply to WoW. you're arguments simply don't work. like i've said before. we're talking about WoW. not EQ2.
    you are correct that is a big pet. i am not denying you that. but guess what???? that's not a WoW vanity pet. World of Warcraft. not EverQuest 2. therefore, ALL i am trying to say is that it is useless for you to sit here telling us how having a vanity pet (which is a very small bit of pixels on your screen) in World of WarCraft (which is NOT EverQuest 2) can not block your field of vision/be distracting in a raid setting in World of WarCraft. again. which is not EverQuest 2. the issue at hand is with vanity pets in World of WarCraft. which again, since you seem to be unable to comprehend what that means is NOT EverQuest 2. as far as dps pulling ahead in a real guild raid setting and a controlled group is a non issue. and it happening in a dungeon/lfr is not excused. those people tend to be removed from the group and people carry on.

Deleted
    Probably should use bigger vanity pets from now on.

Best laugh I've had with vanity pets was when I saw a pet come walking on its own accord over the bridge in AB near the stables. I threw a flare in front of it and proceeded to kill the rogue.

Guess you are going to hate these guys ....

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I was, to show the difference between discipline raiding and undisciplined raiding WoW-style.
    Discipline? You are telling us that EQ2 raiders have an attention span of a 8 year old.

ppl with the damn balloon vanity pets out in dungeons is driving nuts. I have a wide screen moniter and that damn balloon is huge on it.

Blizz should have added some sort of /e command to pop the damn thing and force the toon to cry when its popped, and giving it a respawn timer of 5min or so... Most of the time its healz or dps with it out and they seem to love being if front of u with it out

sry, personally rant or qq depending on how u look at it.
    Seriously? No. Just no.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 05:22 AM ----------

was that meant to be funny? news flash it was wasn't
    Was your complaint meant to be valid? News flash it wasn't.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 05:25 AM ----------

Well, it's common knowledge in games like EQ2 to not have those pets out while in dungeons/raids. It's part of the discipline of being a raider, much like food/buffs. Distractions aren't needed, especially on pulls.
    I love how you talk about EQ2 constantly despite having quit that game long before you quit this one. Wow is Wow and EQ2 is EQ2. Seems simple enough to me really. Pets aren't even remotely distracting in this game. At all. If someone is having issues with someone else's pet the problem isn't other people. God forbid someone actually solve a problem on their own without asking Blizzard to fix it for them.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 05:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roflpot View Post
    This attitude is why humanity is doomed. For every decent person there are about 10 waiting to be dicks at the first opportunity.
    No what is dooming humanity is the attitude of people like the OP that everything is everyone else's fault despite the fact the problem can be solved by he person having it. The OP needs to take a long hard look at his settings because there is no way in hell any companion pet can cause any amount of issues for ANYONE.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 05:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    just because YOU think the OP's point is minor doesn't mean it is absolutely without merit. I feel it's a very minor thing to point out too... but he also has hidden within there an point that I can see - and I could see how somebody might get irritated when a baloon keeps taking up half the screen when you're in combat due to camera work. To this guy, this is the equivalent of somebody dropping a train at the cave entrance in AV. :P

...you could just say "feh" and move onto a discussion you feel is more worth your time instead of posting here, you know. :P
    I'm kind of tired of this whole pandering to OPs no matter how trivial their issue thing. Look the OP is complaining about somethign HE can fix HIMSELF. There is absolutely nothing valid about his complaint and it is only an indictment of how entitled this player base has become. They want Blizzard to fix things for them that already have existing solutions that EVERY player in game has access to.

Change that 800*480 resolution then, or stop doing random dungeons with a pug, just get 4 guildies and you dont get annoyed by some random person using a pet.
    If I had gained 1 gold everytime someone whines about inrelevant things, i'd be a wow millionair now.

I was, to show the difference between discipline raiding and undisciplined raiding WoW-style.

Even though I was an OT/MA, they'll even tell you to remove your Deity cloak that would make you 50% taller on procs.

They're strict, but in the end, raids run smoothly.
    Pretty sure most raiders aren't using a low resolution on their widescreen monitors. What is your point again? Oh right you don't have one as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Pretty sure most raiders aren't using a low resolution on their widescreen monitors. What is your point again? Oh right you don't have one as usual.
    If your video card can't handle massive particle effects raids offer, they might. Raiding it's often down anyway due to a severe drop in fps.

My point with you is keep your ad hominens to yourself, following a person in 2 threads now, you really do come off as bitter and uncouthed.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Check the video, that's a big pet. Like I said it'll even attempt to fly. Get enough players in a 4x raid with pets that size out, it's more than a distraction. No way around it.

And no, I won't remove what I learned from EQ2 as proper etiquette to play WoW. After all, this is the game where DPS pulls bosses before the MT, as fun...and even excused.
    omg we're not talking about EQ2 pets, so give that topic up.
    We're discussing WoW companion pets, which actually, are quite small.
    Never once did I or anyone I raid with, screw up, get distracted or have something go wrong that was caused because someone had their companion pet out.
    I always have companion pets out during raids, and everywhere else in-game.

Proper etiquette?
    no - just another stupid reason to complain about something that's as well, stupid.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 03:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Guess you are going to hate these guys ....

love this.
    need this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kira- View Post
    Never once did I or anyone I raid with, screw up, get distracted or have something go wrong that was caused because someone had their companion pet out.
    So that means 10.2 million players are you and who you raid with? None of the 10.2 million players can't even have issues with extra pets running around in raids making an already congested area more congested (and causing more lag)?

-_-

10+ Year Old Account
    So that means 10.2 million players are you and who you raid with? None of the 10.2 million players can't even have issues with extra pets running around in raids making an already congested area more congested (and causing more lag)?

-_-
    10.2 million players are also not the OP. Nothing here needs to be changed. Vanity pets are fine. IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

10+ Year Old Account

-_-
    Are you addicted to complaining and criticizing the world around you? Do you see yourself as being a victim of all those horrible people who won’t allow you to live a peaceful life? Do you want the whole world to change in order for you to be happy? Do you want everybody to change in order for you to feel good about yourself? Do you want the whole world to think, act and dress just as you do? Do you really think things, people, events and situations will change just because you want them to?

Deleted
    I suppose it's a case of common courtesy, really. Just because you can do something it does not mean you should. There's a time and a place for messing around with gimmicky pets and if someone feels uncomfortable or distracted by them in dungeons, battlegrounds or raids then more players should be willing to compromise and dismiss their companion pets. People are wired and operate differently, so please don't assume that something that isn't distracting for one person is fine for everyone else as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Are you addicted to complaining and criticizing the world around you?
    Are you a puppy looking for a master?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you a puppy looking for a master?
    The problem is in you and not in the environment, and you have to understand that all of those frustrations and all of that anger is nothing more than a projection of who you really are on the inside. It’s nothing more than a projection of your inner self, and you and I know thats where there is anger there is also pain underneath.

We can let the circumstances of our lives harden us
    so that we become increasingly resentful and afraid,
    or we can let them soften us, and make us kinder.
    We always have the choice.