Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I always found the pets pathetic in that manner. They shouldn't be used in combat\pvp\dungeons\raids. Its just ridiculous being in an arena or raiding 25, and having balloons, orphans and pink elephants about, cluttering the screen even more.

Personally i find it ridiculous, prance around in town all you want, but hey, to each his own.

I have the balloon on all of my toons and I pretty much have it out constantly. I've never been asked to remove it though.
    I used to walk around Orgrimmar and roleplay that the balloon whispered me terrible things, that freaked people out a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Left click.
    2. Hold it. Did you let go? Go back to 1.
    3. Move your mouse.
    4. Let go of left button.
    5. REJOICE!

15+ Year Old Account
    if you think the balloon is annoying wait until beta when all the locks have the big flying eyeball pet out >_< FML that fills up the screen as a melee/tank >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Zoom out? lol

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    So that means 10.2 million players are you and who you raid with? None of the 10.2 million players can't even have issues with extra pets running around in raids making an already congested area more congested (and causing more lag)?

-_-
    lol'd.
    if you're lagging, because a little bear ran across your screen you seriously need a better computer.
    if you're distracted by a tiny phoenix hatching in the corner of your screen and you wipe your raid, you should try to get some raid awareness.

Deleted
    Seems to be mostly 12 year olds that like pets. Surely if you see a player with a pet in a dungeon, you excuse yourself because it's going to fail? See the positives in a negative, the pets are telling you something. RUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    was that meant to be funny? news flash it was wasn't
    I thought it was quite funny. You are really reaching the bottom of the QQ barrel with this one. Companions are part of the game and for some a big part. Even if its a balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraden View Post
    I've found that more often than not, it's my own pet that's getting in my way when I'm tanking. Flying ones in particular.
    This.. I never randomly target other player's pets, I don't even notice that they're there...

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    if you think the balloon is annoying wait until beta when all the locks have the big flying eyeball pet out >_< FML that fills up the screen as a melee/tank >_<
    They made that one alot smaller in the beta now, so it should not cause any issues like it did before they decided to look at it again and resize it xD

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are complaining about Vanity Pets in dungeons, wait till MoP, when your healer and tank undergoes a spontaneous pet battle right before a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

When people run around with their cookied pets in an instance and I'm tanking it, I usually don't mind it. However if/when I do, I ask them to remove it because it messes up targeting and I don't want to tab around like a retard just to find the right target to mark.
    And if they bitch and moan or try to troll me, I just simply kick them. :P It's hilarious because people press the Accept button 90% of the time.

Deleted
    haha, i must say i am suprised, i have not yet heard this one. But if you hate it so much, just ask people to stop useing it, I know 87% of people in wow wont, but the 13 % will do it

Quote Originally Posted by dreamlore View Post
    I don't understand how vanity pets mess up targeting? Are you people clicking the actual characters that run around for targeting? Maybe the problem is in something else than the little pet...
    Obviously this poster's main character is a ranged attacker and not melee. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Obviously this poster's main character is a ranged attacker and not melee. :P
    Not sure how that has anything to do with it. I'm melee and pets never get in my way. You know, since they don't have nameplates and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    What does that have to do with discipline, it is simply having your raid cripple itself because a few people can't pay attention? If that is the case, and that is what you need to do to make progress it is not an issue of discipline but simply doing what needs to be done to move forward. Granted in the case of WoW pets, there is no benefit provided so not having them out shouldn't be an issue, but then again having them out shouldn't be any more distracting than 500 other things going on in the raid, being able to pay attention is important and if a balloon is throwing you off your game there are bigger issues that need to be addressed. Also what rules get laid down for runs tends to be more of a guild thing than a game thing IMHO.
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

I think the real issue here is that there are balloons floating around that are capable of devouring and digesting biscuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!
    I almost choked on my chocolate bar. xD Well played, sir.

So that means 10.2 million players are you and who you raid with? None of the 10.2 million players can't even have issues with extra pets running around in raids making an already congested area more congested (and causing more lag)?

-_-
    If vanity pets cause you to lag badly enough to affect your gameplay experience, your computer is a complete piece of shit. That's not in any way the fault of Blizzard or of other players. Seriously, even the three year old Mac mini I play on can handle vanity pets just fine.

If vanity pets cause you to tweak out like a homeless junky who has just sniffed a fix, you need heavy medication, an intensive detox program, and/or serious psychological counseling. That's not normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraden View Post
    I think the real issue here is that there are balloons floating around that are capable of devouring and digesting biscuits.
    LOL.
    Last edited by microtonal; 2012-05-10 at 04:08 PM.

Are you a puppy looking for a master?
    i love how after i absolutely put you in your place about the point you are trying to make you just leave me alone and start insulting people.

Deleted
    never had that problem