Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I wonder if a scarab lord gets the title (and maybe mount) on all characters.

a) it was "brutal"
    b) not available anymore

That means, if I don't play this specific toon anymore, it's "lost".

10+ Year Old Account
    Being an achievement whore I am happy... but the fact that I have 3 violet protos kinda irks me as I had to earn each one separately. and now it seems like if you get it on toon it's on all of them now. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    still alot of unanswered questions here. is it truly account wide or is it per server? Also why not give credit for whichever toon unlocks the achievement first but then show who else did it in the hover box similar to the guild 'classy' achievements. Seems like this post was made to calm the masses but didn't really answer as much as it should.

I'll love Blizzard forever if they make the vanilla PVP titles account-wide.

I scanned all 9 pages and saw it asked but still never answered .... is this going to affect people with multiple accounts? Linked on battle.net of course

Nice changes, really looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtroll View Post
    I scanned all 9 pages and saw it asked but still never answered .... is this going to affect people with multiple accounts? Linked on battle.net of course
    They said at Blizzcon that the achievements are going to be global across your battle.net account. I assume that hasn't changed as I haven't heard differently yet. It is impossible to test this kind of thing in Beta though as you only have one account on Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtroll View Post
    No it says on your 1 account dude can't you read?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

all the changes mentioned above are awesosum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Yeah!

So glad this is finally be implemented to be honest. I've remained staying my main all this time primarily because of the achievements associated with my main, however this will change everything. Especially with the mounts/pets change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Bloodthirsty inc, yay.

Still not a big fan of the change as it literally kills the ''unique'' feel of every alts but meh. Also from a PvP, do i have any reason to play competitively my alts and try to go for Grand Marshal for example on my rogue, if all my alts already get the title from my Hunter? Also, lets say i get Gladiator as a Hunter or Rogue, it doesn't mean i can actually reach such rating as a Resto Shaman or Mage for example. Even from the PvE side, its not because i killed H:Madness as a Hunter that i could effectively heal the fight on a Resto Druid for example.

Grinding achievements is also fun for some people, i have Battlemaster on 2 characters, i find it extremely fun to go for those goals when i bg, instead of just killing people for the sake of it, it means i'm not allowed to go for Battlemaster on say, my rogue anymore?

Idk, feels it removes more options and create more problems than it solve.
    You can still earn them again, you just don't earn the points again. The game will still recognize that you earned the achievement on the alt, even if you have it unlocked account-wide.

"You also won’t be able to use a faction-specific pet, mount, or title on the wrong faction"

I remember that they said at Blizzcon (I think) that in MOP most mounts / pets will become BOE (I don't mean BOA).... For example someone tested this out by importing a wow account with unlearned childrens week pets onto the Beta and all the childrens week pets were BOE.

What i'm wondering is will the argent tournament mounts become BOE and thus give the other faction a chance to get those mounts ? The pets are already BOE so it doesn't seem that unlikely or impossible. I've already started doing these daily quests again to get my alliance character the horde mounts from the argent tournament.

The other thing i'm wondering about is Ashes of A'lar (and other rare mounts such as Rivendare's Deathcharger). I already have this mount on my alliance hunter but if it was to become BOE i'd start farming it again for gold....

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    I wonder if a scarab lord gets the title (and maybe mount) on all characters.

a) it was "brutal"
    b) not available anymore

That means, if I don't play this specific toon anymore, it's "lost".
    Well if you were in a top guild, the quest chain for the scepter wasn't brutal at all, what was brutal was the whole server kickin' in for the war effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love.
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by p3charmed2024 View Post
    I personally think almost all achievements should be account wide... Its not the character that earned the achievements, its indeed the player... bc trust me, I AM THE ONE THAT PLAYED FOR 6 years not a character.

And someone once mentioned " how will i know a player is good bc now their alts have all these good achievements.. how do i know this dude is good on his alt?" HELLo HOW ABOUT DOING IT THE OLD FASHION WAY, test run him, talk to him, ect... you know, what u did b4 there was achievements in the game.. sheesh.
    Im sorry but If i spend 2 years grinding out Battlemaster and mounts/ titles ect... heck ya I wanna show it on whatever character i play., bc no my mage didnt earn it I DID!.
    And if for some reason my guild no longer needs my mage and they need a healer... I roll a healer, then yes i should have the same achievements show on my healer bc i as a player earned them.

the end
    I couldn't say it better other than change it to 7 and a half years.

I love these changes, hopefully rep will go account wide as well, nothing is worse than farming the same boring rep 5 times to get shoulder enchants. Or, at the very least, make the rewards BOA.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg.. just.. thanks

"250K honorable kills. In these cases, the cumulative work of all your characters on those criteria will count."

OMG YAY!!!!!
    You see, I'm an altoholic. I have massive hks on numerous toons, but only one with over 100k, and I was nowhere close to 250k on that one.
    But on all of them combined...I may already have 250k. Friggin' sweet!

something tells me you will not need the MoP expansion for this change, I don't think they'll have two versions of achievements going.