Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4

Don't miss the Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer!

All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the release of patch 5.0.4, we’re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own. This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25. We want the entire World of Warcraft community to be able to embrace their inner goblin, blood elf, worgen, draenei, or pandaren from the moment they step foot into the world of Azeroth.

Now, the only hard part will be choosing a name. Who will you be next?

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I've seen some confusion about when pandaren character creation will be accessible.

Just to be clear on the announcement, we're making it possible for people to create a character of any race, regardless of what expansions you've purchased. So if you only have the original game (which now has The Burning Crusade included), when patch 5.0.4 hits you'll be able to create goblin and worgen characters as well. And, once Mists of Pandaria is released, you'll be able to create pandaren characters, regardless of whether or not you own Mists of Pandaria.

So it says all races, what about though all classes? Just because Pandaren become available for play regardless if you have MoP or not, does this include the new monk class?
    No, you'll need to upgrade your World of Warcraft license to Mists of Pandaria in order to unlock the monk class. The same is true for leveling from 85-90 and gaining access to the continent of Pandaria.
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-08-16 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow did not expect that at all...

That's pretty cool

15+ Year Old Account
    well played blizzard

Races playable at a given point in time will now be playable by anyone irrespective of the expansions they own.

This doesn't mean that Pandas come on 28th of August.
    It also doesn't mean that level 90 characters are available to WoW only players.

his includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25
    in before all the "THEY LIED TO US" when people won't be able to choose Pandaren the moment 5.0.4 goes live...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that is a GREAT move.

So Pandaren will be available, but the Monk class won't be until Sept 25th? If that's the case, I still have no reason to renew my sub until Sept 25th.

Edit: OHHHH! I get it now, they're saying that the Worgen/Goblin will be available to anyone, even if they don't have Cata, and BE/Draenei available even if the person doesn't have BC. Got it.
    Last edited by Fuhok; 2012-08-16 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea thats pretty cool haha !

This is soooo amazing.
    Last edited by ProfessorTjc; 2012-08-16 at 05:20 PM.

I guess that you'd still have to have the expansion to enter Pandaria, but I think that's pretty cool. People can play and preview the new races to see if they'd want to buy it in case they are on the fence about it.

Anyone else think that it is now making BC a tad redundant now? All it is a skipping stone for people going from 60-70. Without the added perk of the 2 new races what else is there for them.

For the moment I thought all races will be playable for all classes and my heart stopped... Thank god

The harrying aroma of

DESPERATION!

thats good for blizzard only foring people to buy there expansion .. maybe enjoying more the game playing different races

10+ Year Old Account
    If it includes the pandaren, why did they say on the 25th of September

Deleted
    that is awesome
    Last edited by mmoc4974a57a72; 2012-08-16 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    So it I get this right, U can play a tauren rogue (for exempel) ?