Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leo2310 View Post
    I am a bit confused about this whole new account wide achievements .

I am not a big fan of leveling alts , playing alts at all . Actually i have been playing my pala since the start of BC , and i enjoy it . I love it ! Also i am a big achievement whore , mount and pet collector . I would rather spend hours to farm for mounts / pets than just idle in Orgrimmar . I have gathered enough FOS achiements , and still working on some .

But , what i am disappointed at is that all this shared mounts and achievements will go a bit over the hand .

1. Does that mean i will have to start leveling alts to be able to farm *11 times each raid / heroic that drops certain mounts ? Cause that's just scary , and messy .
    2. Will i be able to ride my Charger on let's say , my UD mage ? 0_0
    3. What about the Druid / Lock FOS Mounts ? Why would i have to get penalized for not leveling alts / completing certain achievements on alts ?

I don't wanna have to be 'forced' to start playing on alts , to start farming content over and over , reset after reset . And do belive me most of the mounts / pets collectors will do that . I just don't wanna start playing alts for the sake of *11 resets / week . Thank you and sorry for my bad english .
    You have a choice to do it, You are never forced to do it. That's all I'm going to say to you.

This is a CHOICE

End of story.

Achievements were dumb, this is a good change. But honestly, with how bad homogenization has gotten, they should just remove character classes and let you respec to the job you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post
    1. It means that you CAN farm a mount (insert number of toons here) a lock out, not that you have to.
    2. Per the GC post they are looking at restricting mounts by faction and by level. I'm willing to bet they will do the same for class specific mounts though its not currently working that way on beta, but its the first implementation of a feature on beta so take that for what its worth.
    3. The Druid and lock FoS mounts? What do you mean?

For people that don't play alts nothing is changing.
    1. Well making 10 Dks or 10 hunters to farm every lockout seems what Blizz really want us to do ? ;-/
    2. Really hope so .
    3. Was talking about Dreadsteed of Xoroth and Swift Flight Form FOS achievements .

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    You have a choice to do it, You are never forced to do it. That's all I'm going to say to you.

This is a CHOICE

End of story.
    Yet again , it's not that simple as you make it sound . End of story .

[QUOTE=leo2310;16746388]1. Well making 10 Dks or 10 hunters to farm every lockout seems what Blizz really want us to do ? ;-/
    2. Really hope so .
    3. Was talking about Dreadsteed of Xoroth and Swift Flight Form FOS achievements .

1. If you really want to then go do it. Otherwise continue to play one toon, NOTHING HAS CHANGED FOR YOU

Yet again , it's not that simple as you make it sound . End of story .
    Yea, really it is. If you don't play alts nothing has changed. Hasn't wow always been "people who play more have an advantage and have more stuff"? This isn't any different.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Deleted
    This an awesome change!
    I'll finally be able to start collecting achievements, pets and mounts.
    Being an alotholic, it was kind of meaningless to go after any particular achievement since I'd lose all the benefit each time I was in the mood to play another character.
    Now the completionist in me will be able to express himself too

Deleted
    Except no one is forcing you. If you don't play alts then absolutely 100% nothing is changing.
    huh? like 10 / 25 man raiding back in wotlk? no one forced anyone to play both brackets and blizz still changed it in cata.
    there should be an acc wide lockout for rare drops. its not fun farm with x alts the same crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroblade90 View Post
    huh? like 10 / 25 man raiding back in wotlk? no one forced anyone to play both brackets and blizz still changed it in cata.
    there should be an acc wide lockout for rare drops. its not fun farm with x alts the same crap.
    No fun for YOU = no fun for everyone?
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroblade90 View Post
    If it's not fun to you, don't do it? I can't wait to be able to do that; more things to do.

So the for example 100 AB wins, I've got over 100 wins account wide, but not on a single character. Will I still get it, or is it not brutal enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone said in one of these threads "I can change mains with out leaving a little bit of my soul behind."
    Greatest quote ever.
    this sums up why i cant leave my damn dk behind. now he can rest in peace

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

The other category are achievements that are just brutal to complete on one character (and you’d never want to do for multiples), such as 2500 daily quests or 250K honorable kills
    My warrior has 3730 daily quests completed. Am I that far above the norm or is GC's scale of "brutal" a bit off?

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post

Two years, 6 days ago, I completed the "School of Hard Knocks" and thus got "What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been". Ever since, I've been hoping this would go account-wide. Today, in earnest, that hope has been answered, positively.

I will now proceed to pop open a few beer cans and slam them, Stone Cold-style.
    I'm just wishing Blizzard would let us know if the Master Riding Skill attached to that achievement is intended to be rewarded when it goes live or not.

50,000 is a lot of gold to save, if you have ten alts (as of MoP) without the highest riding skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    My warrior has 3730 daily quests completed. Am I that far above the norm or is GC's scale of "brutal" a bit off?
    I dunno, mate, but my DK has over 5,800 Marks of the World Tree.

I can't remember how many dailies that is, but given he's exalted with Netherwing, Skyguard, has that many marks, has every pet and mount from the Argent Tourney... I'll check.

12,869 daily quests completed as of today.
    Last edited by Soeroah; 2012-05-09 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I'm just wishing Blizzard would let us know if the Master Riding Skill attached to that achievement is intended to be rewarded when it goes live or not.

50,000 is a lot of gold to save, if you have ten alts (as of MoP) without the highest riding skill.

I dunno, mate, but my DK has over 5,800 Marks of the World Tree.

I can't remember how many dailies that is, but given he's exalted with Netherwing, Skyguard, has that many marks, has every pet and mount from the Argent Tourney... I'll check.

12,869 daily quests completed as of today.
    If you've completed that many daily quests on one character, I doubt 50k gold is really that big of a deal. Besides, 50k might have been a big deal to some in wrath but it certainly wasn't much when cata launched (which was when I quit). I can't imagine it's going to be even remotely challenging to obtain that much yet another expansion later.

I can't decide if I'm very excited for this change or not. My main character has a lot of nerd points (over 11,000), around 120 mounts, and over 160 pets. I have A LOT of silly achievements. I do think that this would go a long way to making me more excited about playing alts though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    If you've completed that many daily quests on one character, I doubt 50k gold is really that big of a deal. Besides, 50k might have been a big deal to some in wrath but it certainly wasn't much when cata launched (which was when I quit). I can't imagine it's going to be even remotely challenging to obtain that much yet another expansion later.
    Oh, I've got several times that amount. I just never like forking out for some reason.

If I can save gold somewhere I'm likely to do what I can do accomplish that. Especially with new mounts coming out!

Hmmmmm ...

Anyone thought about that account wide achievements also means that we, players will spend less time playing the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvin View Post
    Does win 100 alterac valley classify as a "brutal" achievement or do I have to spend additional years in battlegrounds on my current main?
    That is my question as well. Although even if it does count (which I hope), reputation won't. I have AV rep but am nowhere near WSG or AB.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love this change, but I do have a question. Ghostcrawler said you could get different parts of a meta on different characters, like Explore Kalimdor. But what happens with the FoS for being exalted with both Aldor and Scryers in Shattrath? Will you still need to do this on one character, or will you gain it as soon as X as exalted Aldor and Y has exalted Scryers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I'm just wishing Blizzard would let us know if the Master Riding Skill attached to that achievement is intended to be rewarded when it goes live or not. 50,000 is a lot of gold to save, if you have ten alts (as of MoP) without the highest riding skill.
    It's only speculation at the moment, given they didn't LITERALLY say that you will be granted the Master Flying Skill with the mount. However, as of a few days ago when I last toyed with the beta, it was indeed awarding the flight skill. I would surely love to hope so, because I lost a chunk of sanity to getting those achievements towards the Meta [I'm stabbing daggers into a Children's Week orphan effigy in honor of "School of Hard Knocks" here], and if I can save some gold in the process, I could put it to greater good for the remainder of my alts. I have my server (with the DK that has the mount) full at the moment, with 9 playable alts and 1 bank-toon. If I could save 45k, I wouldn't knock it. After all, it would seem a bit anti-climactic to award the mount and NOT award the skill at the same time PLUS make you pay for the skill. =\

Time will tell.

#FlightIsImportant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fishing4corpses View Post
    I second this. I worked hard to get the Bloodthirsty.... if they do make things like this account wide, remove the titles. I would rather not see every noob running around with it.
    *special snowflake detection system activated*
    You worked in a game... congratulations for working instead of having fun and playing.

Can you answer one question for me : did you get that achievement because a) you liked to PvP and were good at it, or b) just to show off with the title?
    if the answer is "a", then why does it matter that someone else gets it too?
    if the answer is "b", I suggest you to go outside, because outside you will realise that nobody in your neighborhood knows or gives a damn about that title.

and inb4: I don't PvP, but in raids, the thing you mention (i.e. achievements getting easier over time) happens constantly.

OT: I welcome this change, although I don't have achievements scattered around characters. I stil play my first main, and it has always been my main, so I have all the titles, mounts and pets on that character.
    Now my alts will be able to fly more mounts and have more pets as well.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leo2310 View Post
    I am a bit confused about this whole new account wide achievements .

I am not a big fan of leveling alts , playing alts at all . Actually i have been playing my pala since the start of BC , and i enjoy it . I love it ! Also i am a big achievement whore , mount and pet collector . I would rather spend hours to farm for mounts / pets than just idle in Orgrimmar . I have gathered enough FOS achiements , and still working on some .

But , what i am disappointed at is that all this shared mounts and achievements will go a bit over the hand .

1. Does that mean i will have to start leveling alts to be able to farm *11 times each raid / heroic that drops certain mounts ? Cause that's just scary , and messy .
    2. Will i be able to ride my Charger on let's say , my UD mage ? 0_0
    3. What about the Druid / Lock FOS Mounts ? Why would i have to get penalized for not leveling alts / completing certain achievements on alts ?

I don't wanna have to be 'forced' to start playing on alts , to start farming content over and over , reset after reset . And do belive me most of the mounts / pets collectors will do that . I just don't wanna start playing alts for the sake of *11 resets / week . Thank you and sorry for my bad english .
    1. You can, but you don’t have to. It is your choice, and the only one that is forcing you is yourself. You can level up characters to do the content, and it will lower your total running time, but not the real effort time. i.e it takes you less resets/weeks since you increase the drop chance by having more goes in a week, but you still have to run it X times ( so you spend less weeks but more time in that week) I can live with that.
    2. at the moment on beta you can, but I think and actually hope they change it, since it doesn’t make sense lorewise for a DK to ride a paladin mount. If they don’t change it, I’ll be levelling a paladin tailor/engineer and a warlock for the mounts, but that will be my own choice and not something I was forced to do. As for profession mounts: you could already have it in your inventory, counting towards the achievements, but you could only use it if you had the profession still. (for this I will be levelling my tailor/engineer anyway)
    3. same actually as number 2: I think they will change that part, just like they made faction specific mounts only available to that faction.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    I am nearing 5500 atm. So 2500 is not that brutal anymore. It all depends on how much time you spend on a character really.
    I have always seen dailies as a good way to earn money, and at the same time work on associated rep or goodies.