Out of Retirement - State of Priestly Affairs

Hey guys -

I have been thinking of bringing my priest out of a 2 year retirement (melee overload).

What is the current state of the priest class? PvE and PvP if you please.

Deleted
    Some things are good. Some things are bad. It all depends, if you know what I mean.

Current State of Priest Affairs: Panicking about MoP changes

PvE: Shadow is a strong dps spec that provides some great raid utility, but really shines with multiple targets... Holy is incredible for group healing, and Disc has its place in a raid, but takes much more knowledge of each fight to play well

PvP: Shadow and Disc are both strong in their own ways, and Holy will get wrecked against any kind of focused DPS as they have very little strong survivability cooldowns

PVP
    Disc: Disc seems to be very viable in almost every situation. Stuns can be tough if a trinket is off CD or you have shield debuff.
    Shadow is pretty good with their many CC abilities in pvp.
    Disc pve seems to be doing fairly well if you know what you are doing. I've had instances where the shields they have outheal(or abosrb) with my AoE heals.
    Holy pvp, I can't help you there, never tried it.

PVE
    Shadow pve has many raid functions that I like. I usually just farm with shadow, so I can't help you much there =/
    Disc pve seems to be doing fairly well if you know what you are doing. I've had instances where the shields they have outheal(or abosrb) with my AoE heals.
    Holy pve seems to rely on spirit for a source of major regeneration for our mana. I am MS holy and I like it better than disc for most any situation.

Just some of my thought. Sorry if I wasn't helpful enough xD
    This is my main. I've had him for over 4 years.

If you ignore the 1st month of Cata before the 4.0.6 buff, Shadow has been very strong, in t11 borderline OP.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Oh and Blizzard are trying to convince us all that we don’t need spirit but every other healing class does. Its often communicated to us in the unusual language of "Bowlocks".

Priests > Monk for heals in MoP. So excited. Bless all you Priestys

Looking forward to turning into a mindspike/mindblast gatling gun in MoP. Also all our 90 talents look amazing (particularly dark halo HELLO ROGUES/FERALS!) And cascade for RBGs looks just amazing (and for healing as well). I was super skeptical at the beginning of Beta and now I'm so stoked for being a priest I might just asplode.