Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which would run WoW better?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cyberpower...ndingMethod=rr

or

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CyberPower...ndingMethod=rr

I'm looking to upgrade my awful computer, to something cheap and affordable.

I work for Wal-Mart, so i get a discount, this is why i'm choosing to go there.

Which do you think would run WoW better?

And how good do you think that one would run WoW? On ultra? High? Good?

I've been looking in to these for a while, but i want the perspective of actual WoW players, rather than random unreliable google reviews.

Thank you in advance.

The second one has both a better CPU and GPU, assuming the first one doesn't have GDDR5 (doesn't specify, usually = no). If I'd have to venture a guess, the second one would give 10-30 more FPS. It also has 8Gb RAM, compared to the first one that only has 4Gb.

WoW is CPU bottlenecked, and the second one wins in that category. It also has a stronger GPU, so no worries there. And twice the RAM. The chassis also looks better. And it's cheaper. I must have smashed my head without realizing, since that doesn't even make sense to me.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 2nd one Galilei. The Graphics cards on both are trash, but the i3 processor would be better for gaming.

Medium settings if that probably.

They're both sort of the same but the second one with the Intel cpu would be a better buy because AMD Buldozers aren't really worth the money. (and because it had a bigger HDD and more RAM)

So I'd say buy the second one(Intel) and upgrade the video card.
    Spongeballs - Armory

Deleted
    They are both horrible for gaming. They would both run WoW - most likely on low settings - but only because WoW runs on pretty much anything. The GT520 and the Radeon 6450 are budget cards meant for HTPCs or media/family computers where gaming isn't the intended use.

Do yourself a favour: buy neither.

Here, something that is miles better for gaming:

Extreme Budget Gaming 450
    MoBo: ASRock H61M-VS$54.99
    CPU: Intel Pentium G850$87.99
    RAM: Crucial 1333MHz 2x2GB$22.99
    GPU: MSI GTX 460$139.99
    HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB$74.99
    PSU: Antec VP-450W$39.99 Review
    Case: NZXT Source 210$39.99
    --------------------------------------------------
    Estimated Total Price – $461

Recommended for:
    Budget gaming build that can handle most
    newer games. Offers great value for money.

Budget Gaming 550
    MoBo: ASRock H67M (B3)$79.99
    CPU: Intel i3 2100$124.99
    RAM: Crucial 1600MHz 2x4GB$36.99
    GPU: HIS Radeon 6850$139.99
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB$79.99
    PSU: XFX ProSeries 450W$58.99 Review
    Case: NZXT Gamma Classic$39.99 Review
    Estimated Total Price – $561

Recommended for:
    Budget gaming build that can tackle most
    newer games. Enough if you only play World
    of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    They are both horrible for gaming. They would both run WoW - most likely on low settings - but only because WoW runs on pretty much anything. The GT520 and the Radeon 6450 are budget cards meant for HTPCs or media/family computers where gaming isn't the intended use.

Do yourself a favour: buy neither.

Here, something that is miles better for gaming:

Extreme Budget Gaming 450
    MoBo: ASRock H61M-VS$54.99
    CPU: Intel Pentium G850$87.99
    RAM: Crucial 1333MHz 2x2GB$22.99
    GPU: MSI GTX 460$139.99
    HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB$74.99
    PSU: Antec VP-450W$39.99 Review
    Case: NZXT Source 210$39.99
    Estimated Total Price – $461

Recommended for:
    Budget gaming build that can handle most
    newer games. Offers great value for money.

Budget Gaming 550
    MoBo: ASRock H67M (B3)$79.99
    CPU: Intel i3 2100$124.99
    RAM: Crucial 1600MHz 2x4GB$36.99
    GPU: HIS Radeon 6850$139.99
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB$79.99
    PSU: XFX ProSeries 450W$58.99 Review
    Case: NZXT Gamma Classic$39.99 Review
    Estimated Total Price – $561

Recommended for:
    Budget gaming build that can tackle most
    newer games. Enough if you only play World
    of Warcraft.
    Eh, like i said. Looking for something more within my store, because i get a discount.

Any other opinions on these?

And it can't be that horrible, my current computer runs WoW on low settings at around 20 fps and i got these thing for like 150 bucks.

It'd be great if you could also list some prebuilt computers that come cheap.

Also, what about this one
    http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51/pd.aspx
    Last edited by Galilei; 2012-05-08 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    Eh, like i said. Looking for something more within my store, because i get a discount.
    Crap is still crap, even with a discount. Not trying to be a wise-ass or anything, but unless you are getting like 30-40% off it isn't worth it (i.e. letting you pick up another GPU without spending more).

Yes, the GT520 is horrible because it isn't a card made for playing games. I have one in my computer at work to allow for multiple screens if that's any indication.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) What is your current setup?

2) What is your discount? Is it more than 20%?

Crap is still crap, even with a discount. Not trying to be a wise-ass or anything, but unless you are getting like 30-40% off it isn't worth it (i.e. letting you pick up another GPU without spending more).

Yes, the GT520 is horrible because it isn't a card made for playing games. I have one in my computer at work to allow for multiple screens if that's any indication.
    It really can't be that bad, though. There's no way either of these can only run low settings.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    1) What is your current setup?

2) What is your discount? Is it more than 20%?
    Yes.

Intel Pentium D CPU. 3.00GHZ
    2 GB
    Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you running on the Intel integrated graphics at the time? Or do you have an actual video card?

Honestly, you can easily probably just do with getting the video card and calling it good, considering I was using that same setup up until about a year ago. I got a CPU/Mobo upgrade as a present, and didnt notice a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Were you running on the Intel integrated graphics at the time? Or do you have an actual video card?

Honestly, you can easily probably just do with getting the video card and calling it good, considering I was using that same setup up until about a year ago. I got a CPU/Mobo upgrade as a present, and didnt notice a huge difference.
    Intel integrated graphics. And i recently ran into a raise, which gives me room for money. I think it's about time i upgrade. I only use this computer because i got it for free, but now since i'm getting deep into Heroic raiding on WoW, i think that i should upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would honestly recommend getting the Budget 450 the guy recommended above, unless your discount is like... 60% or something, because you're making an upgrade, and crippling yourself out the gate. Those video cards are going to be abysmal for raiding. You'll basically get that, and need an upgrade soon on your new computer.

The 450 is a good deal, and will destroy either of those systems performance wise. I have a similar system using the Geforce 460, and it is crazy how much of a performance difference it has over the lower end cards (I do system repair, so I test out a lot of rigs)

The 450 is, flat out, more powerful than either system, so even if you could get those systems for say... 350... The 450 is still worth it in the long run.

Deleted
    It really can't be that bad, though. There's no way either of these can only run low settings.
    In raids? Pretty much. Maybe some settings on medium-ish, but not much. At least not if you want 40-60fps at all times.

Also,
    Sure you are upgrading from an old and outdated computer, but I still see no reason why you should settle for "bad/mediocre" when you can get something that is at least decent. It's your money and your choice, but you came here for help and I have given you my recommendation: don't buy any of the two computers you linked if you intend to play modern games.

Both of those can run WoW at low settings, but the question is: Do you want to buy $500 computer that can run low settings or $700 computer that can run high settings? That's why both of those are crap.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

In raids? Pretty much. Maybe some settings on medium-ish, but not much. At least not if you want 40-60fps at all times.

Also,
    Sure you are upgrading from an old and outdated computer, but I still see no reason why you should settle for "bad/mediocre" when you can get something that is at least decent. It's your money and your choice, but you came here for help and I have given you my recommendation: don't buy any of the two computers you linked if you intend to play modern games.
    Right. Can you link an updated MoBo for the first one? It seems it's out of stock.

And is it possible to find any prebuilt computers at a stable price?

Also, what settings would that run with what kind of fps?

Deleted
    The 450 and 550 builds would run WoW pretty much maxed out (shadows on high) in everything except 25-man raids. In 25-man raids, to achieve 40-50fps minimum, you'd have to dial down shadows further and reduce spell-effect details.

As for motherboard, any decent H61 or H67 will do for a budget pick. Here is a good motherboard (price concidered) from MSI: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130640

The 450 and 550 builds would run WoW pretty much maxed out (shadows on high) in everything except 25-man raids. In 25-man raids, to achieve 40-50fps minimum, you'd have to dial down shadows further and reduce spell-effect details.

As for motherboard, any decent H61 or H67 will do for a budget pick. Here is a good motherboard (price concidered) from MSI: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130640
    Thanks. How would i go about actually building it? I have no knowledge of computer construction except back in highschool.

Depending on how good discounts you get from the store, this might be best you can get cheap:

Computer without graphics card: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Piano...Inclu/19590889
    And stick in a passable but affordable real gaming card: http://www.walmart.com/ip/GIGABYTE-N...-Card/20469850

Total price $565, and it will easily beat both computers you listed in first post with very little building required. In WoW it will be about as fast as the $550 build Marest linked, but loses by about 20% in all other games, mostly in first person shooters.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2012-05-08 at 09:33 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I just stuck with Marest's build.

He forgot to include an operating system, so im at around 570 with shipping.

Still need to find out about actually building it.

Depends on how big discount you get if it's worth going DIY.

Buying http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Piano...Inclu/19590889 and http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sapphire-R...-Card/15410687

Gives basically the same computer as Marest's $550 build for $600 but it does include Windows, and the only thing you need to do is plug the card in.
    Trolling should be.