Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

hey ATT customer the CEO call you a bunch of "ungrateful punk" read more

I read the story and there is a video too and is shock me that a company like ATT which leave a bad taste of s!@# in my mouth and to call it customer a bunch of ungrateful punk because he offer unlimited data for his customer

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...ll-stephenson/

http://consumerist.com/2012/05/att-c...rst-place.html

http://www.pt-news.org/att-inc-nyset...-tds-s/121532/

Just another business guy trying to cling to a business model that won't last. The writing was on the wall for text messaging as soon as it was clear that the future of phones were as miniaturized computers.

Deleted
    Not a single of those articles have a quote of him calling anyone "an ungrateful punk"?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    I read the story and there is a video too and is shock me that a company like ATT which leave a bad taste of s!@# in my mouth and to call it customer a bunch of ungrateful punk because he offer unlimited data for his customer

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...ll-stephenson/

http://consumerist.com/2012/05/att-c...rst-place.html

http://www.pt-news.org/att-inc-nyset...-tds-s/121532/
    I don't see him calling anyone an ungrateful punk in any of those links.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    watch the video he don't say it " but there are hint "

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Just another business guy trying to cling to a business model that won't last. The writing was on the wall for text messaging as soon as it was clear that the future of phones were as miniaturized computers.
    He acknowledged that the business of offering one price for unlimited data was a bad one. He rectified it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    ATT is like Verizon.......................they ask the customer the bend over and TAKE IT !...........Sprint on ther hand was very good they wavy the cancellation fee because i couldn't to afford it because of my accident and retirement

and now i used assurance wireless/virgin mobile because i get assistance from the county and the service is alright but is horrible in rural WNY !
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-05-08 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    watch the video he don't say it " but there are hint "
    You can read anything into anyones words if you look hard enough. I think you're just bitter AT&T took away unlimited data.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    i HAD att when i was 18 and they were a piece of s!@# then and nothing change!

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    He acknowledged that the business of offering one price for unlimited data was a bad one. He rectified it.
    He bemoans the damage he sees coming in his text messaging revenue stream in one of the articles.

you'd think these companies would be happy with the insane amount of free money they are getting by charging for text messaging and than any overage charges on text messaging

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, trying to hold on to text messaging as a revenue source isn't reasonable anymore. What the cell companies should be looking to do, eventually, is move into being the single source of all data transmission, wirelessly, throughout cities, and then charging people for that. It could cover TV, internet, and phone, because data's data. Charge people $160/month for a plan (My cell bill is $80, my cable is $75, but I'm getting rid of it since I have internet now, and my internet is $35), or whatever makes sense. Stop trying to cling to the old model that is telephony and get onboard with data, not as a supplement, but as THE model.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    one day the home phone will died !

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably going to get infracted for this, but I think it's worth mentioning....

This OP is just as bad as that Golds guy.

Constant spam of troll threads.

Either that or I'm way off and owe somebody an apology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah, trying to hold on to text messaging as a revenue source isn't reasonable anymore. What the cell companies should be looking to do, eventually, is move into being the single source of all data transmission, wirelessly, throughout cities, and then charging people for that. It could cover TV, internet, and phone, because data's data. Charge people $160/month for a plan (My cell bill is $80, my cable is $75, but I'm getting rid of it since I have internet now, and my internet is $35), or whatever makes sense. Stop trying to cling to the old model that is telephony and get onboard with data, not as a supplement, but as THE model.
    Source of data needs to be separate, as spectrum issues make mobile data a vastly more precious commodity, but generally I agree with you.

Paying money per text is an absurd anachronism now, resulting in my just using facebook IM on my phone for 90% of my texting needs.

Deleted
    He never said anything of the sort in what you linked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loathe AT&T, but I don't use them for phone services. I fail to see any insult of the sort in any of those links, and I see no issue with them giving up unlimited services, if it's costing them a ton. As long as they offer fair prices.

Enjoy unlimited data while you still can, no matter who you buy from or what you're purchasing (TV, Internet access, wireless data). It really can't last that long with more and more use and dependence on information exchange in every aspect of life.

I see another consumer taking what is a actual business concern to personal and getting all angry over business talk. I know it is hard to believe that really a business is there to make money. Any offering to consumers often have to stride a balance between enticing and accepted by the consumer vs profitable for the company.

He isn't the only one, many of the cellular operators have been voicing growing concern over data consumption within the cellular network way before the iphone or smart phones really came out. In a few talks with some of the largest operators when I worked for one of the largest SMS/MM4 aggregators it was mention they regretted even the whole text for a low flat rate. This was 5-6 years ago when a average large tier cellular companies SMS traffic went from millions a hour through our network to 5, 10, 20 million rapidly. Though the traffic increased the money from it stayed the same.

But hey the internet and news outlets like to completely take everything anyone of a higher level than them and spew it all upside down and backwards sensational. Many people gobble it up without really thinking from both sides. Really something more people need to do when reading anything and think what the others views are and why.
    "A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my ANGER"

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    He bemoans the damage he sees coming in his text messaging revenue stream in one of the articles.
    He's a CEO. You're aware a CEO's job is to make as much money as possible with the company, right?

Wouldn't you be pretty pissed if suddenly your job were made harder by someone forcing you do find a different way of doing things in your job? He's allowed to be annoyed when wrenches get thrown into his machine.