Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Its not wrong...

This is completly WRONG!! servers across USA will all be open at 12:01am..

Which means if say it is up at 12:01am in San Diago, I can play it in ohio at the same time. I don't have to wait 3 hours like everyone thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactis View Post
    This is completly WRONG!! servers across USA will all be open at 12:01am..

Which means if say it is up at 12:01am in San Diago, I can play it in ohio at the same time. I don't have to wait 3 hours like everyone thinks.
    Your post contradicts itself.

Yes, you can play it when its up in San Diego at 12:01 am. No, you cannot play it when its 12:01 am in Ohio.

Why argue about this ?? You will play it on the 15th who cares if its and hour or 3 earlier or later........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    Why argue about this ?? You will play it on the 15th who cares if its and hour or 3 earlier or later........
    I'm totally in agreement with you, but as you already know there are people out there who do care and plan themselves around the intangible.... as ridiculous as it is. Just the way it is.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    Just in case some people aren't following the logic here, all of the times listed within a specific region are in fact the exact same moment in time. For example, and this should be obvious to everyone, when it's midnight in Paris, it's actually one in the morning in Eastern Europe. When it's midnight in Los Angeles, it's actually five in the evening in Sydney.

Several different countries have access for a specific region. A specific region, for example Europe, unlocks for every country who has access to it at the exact same moment. That moment is those times listed. So, for example, the Europe region unlocks when it's midnight in Paris, and at that exact moment it will be eleven in the evening in London, and one in the morning in Helsinki. The Americas region unlocks when it's midnight in Los Angeles, and at that exact moment it will be three in the morning in New York.

The unlock will happen at midnight only for those who live in the CEST timezone (for the Europe region) or in the PDT timezone (for the Americas region).

The Europe region unlocks nine hours before the Americas region.

Also, just in case someone hasn't figured it out yet, there's 24 hours in a day, and thus there are basically 24 overlapping major timezones on this planet, which means the midnight of May 15th will actually happen at least 24 different times. More in fact, since there are half hour and quarter hour timezones as well. When it's one minute past midnight on the May 15th somewhere, for example Paris, it's in fact May 14th one timezone to the west.

Obvious things, but I thought I'd try and explain since there seems to be a great amount of confusion here.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-05-09 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    Can you add the Asia launch to ur post as well? They launch 6 hours before Europe, aka 18:01 CEST, aka 00:01 Taiwan Time, aka 09:01 PDT.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe bit OT but i got confirmation that my preordered hard copy has been posted today from the retailer, so it´s possible to jump in from the beginning with preordered stuff aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reyareya View Post
    its 3pm for SEA on may15th, 11pm to be to able to install.

GMT+8 that is.
    Mainland Southeast Asia is in the ICT (Indochina time) timezone, which is UTC+7, so for those countries (Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, etc) the Americas region launches at 2:01 PM or 14:01, since PDT is UTC-7.

Malaysia and Philippines on the other hand are in UTC+8, both in their respective timezones (PHT and MYT).

Quote Originally Posted by Demez View Post
    Can you add the Asia launch to ur post as well? They launch 6 hours before Europe, aka 18:01 CEST, aka 00:01 Taiwan Time, aka 09:01 PDT.
    I can't find any source for the Asia region unlock times, but I added it according to your post. If someone knows it to be wrong, I'll fix it.

I haven't listed all the possible timezones, I'll add more if the need arises, or if I have spare time.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-05-09 at 01:04 PM.

Yes you can. go read my friend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactis View Post
    Yes you can. go read my friend
    If you were talking about me not being able to find a source for the Asia region unlock time, I've seen May 15th midnight referenced everywhere, and usually it's talking about the Americas region with the PDT timezone given as the actual time. I've not seen a source with the timezone for the Asia region unlock, but I'm assuming it's CST; China Standard Time, as that's in use in Taiwan and Macau, and HKT is also +8 just like CST. KST (Korea Standard Time) on the other hand is +9, and it's in use in South Korea. Anyway, I must have missed the official information on this when I tried to google for it.

On another note, I added the installer unlocks. In the Launch Day Preparation Guide it talks about the installer unlocking on May 14th, 08:01 AM PDT, but then again it also talks about the Americas region unlock since it's the us.battle.net page. I made the assumption that the installers unlock for their respective regions 16 hours before the moment that region unlocks, seeing as though May 14th 08:01 AM PDT would actually be 11:01 PM (23:01) CST and 05:01 PM (17:01) CEST leaving the Europe region with 7 hours to install while the Americas region has 16, and leaving the Asia region with only 1 hour to install. So, I'm going with the assumption that the installer unlock takes place 16 hours before the region unlock in each respective region, at least until someone gives me better information.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 04:43 PM ----------

Added countdown timers for each region unlock.

Deleted
    Corrected the installer unlock times, thanks to Shamanic.

BTW UTC -5 is eastern time and UTC - 6 is central just saying.

EDT is -4, but EST is -5 have fun .
    Last edited by McFrotton; 2012-05-13 at 04:51 AM.

Any chance I would be able to play on the Europe or Asia servers before the US servers are up?

5pm. Excellent, the only thing that sucks is that I have uni on Wednesday morning unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by dreamlore View Post
    Yeah, D3 has no regional restrictions. Other than that you can't swap characters from one region to another.
    Doesn't it launch with regional restrictions, which are lifted once all regions are up? Otherwise the Asia and Euro servers will be useless until the Americas goes live.

Countdown until install, release, and the ending of the Mark of Valor thingy. For the America's that is.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33581946/d3/index.html
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Any chance I would be able to play on the Europe or Asia servers before the US servers are up?
    No, global play is disabled at the start and will not be re-enabled until "servers are stable" - after the US release - according to blues. You will only be able to play in the home region listed on your battle.net account to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Mainland Southeast Asia is in the ICT (Indochina time) timezone, which is UTC+7, so for those countries (Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, etc) the Americas region launches at 2:01 PM or 14:01, since PDT is UTC-7.

Malaysia and Philippines on the other hand are in UTC+8, both in their respective timezones (PHT and MYT).

I can't find any source for the Asia region unlock times, but I added it according to your post. If someone knows it to be wrong, I'll fix it.

I haven't listed all the possible timezones, I'll add more if the need arises, or if I have spare time.
    I got the times from this post which I shoved in to google translate and it told me that the servers open in Asia 12:01pm Taiwan time. However I recently found this bluepost from Bashiok that says that it would be one hour earlier. Not sure which one to believe but I'd guess that the taiwan site knows their own launch better than Bashiok, so that my original info would be correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    BTW UTC -5 is eastern time and UTC - 6 is central just saying.

EDT is -4, but EST is -5 have fun .
    EST = Eastern Standard Time, UTC-5, used during winter.
    EDT = Eastern Daylight Time, UTC-4, used during summer, in use right now.
    CST = Central Standard Time, UTC-6, used during winter.
    CDT = Central Daylight Time, UTC-5, used during summer, in use right now.

The US timezones that are in use right now are:

EDT (UTC-4), Eastern Daylight Time.
    CDT (UTC-5), Central Daylight Time.
    MDT (UTC-6), Mountain Daylight Time.
    PDT (UTC-7), Pacific Daylight Time.

As you can see, currently the daylight time timezones are being followed. EST, CST, MST and PST aren't in use right now, although there may be some exceptions. Also, the abbreviation CST is also used for China Standard Time, so it can be confusing for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Demez View Post
    I got the times from this post which I shoved in to google translate and it told me that the servers open in Asia 12:01pm Taiwan time. However I recently found this bluepost from Bashiok that says that it would be one hour earlier. Not sure which one to believe but I'd guess that the taiwan site knows their own launch better than Bashiok, so that my original info would be correct.
    Yeah, the site does state midnight Taiwan time, so I'll stick to that. Bashiok most likely just made an error. Incidentally the page when translated with Google also says 12 PM, which is noon, not midnight, but that could be a translation error.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-05-13 at 02:13 PM.