Possibly getting back into Rift...

Hey guys,

I leveled a warrior to max early on when Rift came out. I was a Paladin/Deathknight type class (forget the name) tank with warlord for the -5% hit to enemies. I enjoyed the leveling and early dungeons but once I maxed out, I found doing anything almost impossible. Getting into a guild meant having good gear... but I couldn't get the gear because I wasn't in the guild. I had decent gear (almost all maxed out epics) and could easily tank a T2 Dungeon without to many problems.

So my question is this: Is it easy to get back INTO rift? One of my big problems was the fact that finding a guild was next to impossible. Is that problem somewhat cured now or is it still "if you're not in a raiding guild now you probably won't be in one anytime soon"?

I think it will be like any game, if you can prove your a good player and will be an asset to the guilds raid team then 9/10 times there not going to mid gearing you up a little. My join a guild and run with there alt runs or something like that. Im not sure if there are many pugs going on in rift but try join them and get some gear thats came out in patches since the game came out (1.8 now).

It is easier. They made the gearing paths very streamlined via dungeons, open world solo stuff is a viable progression path and there is 'catch-up' crafted items. Also now you can leapfrog gear tiers a bit by choosing the reward you want beforehand.

Guilds are always looking for good players- tanks, almost always. Esp. as guilds now want to run multiple raid groups in casual friendly guilds.

Lastly, free server transfers & guild/member wanted boards. It's pretty easy to surf around for a guild.

Awesome! Thanks for the responses guys