Poll: Will you explore everything in Diablo 3?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wont because it will change every time, areas are randomly generated apart from key areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably very nearly everything.

First time through will be solo and checking it all. Later with other people its different so you dont hold them up

as much i can see, will probably farm more near the end of nightmare to get ready for hell depending on the difficulty i encounter

first play through definately gonna explore every nook and cranny the game has to offer take my time and enjoy the story, then it'll be time to really sink my teeth into the game.

I remember playing diablo 2 and being anal retentive about uncovering every last bit of the map.

Since the levels are randomly generated and different each time, not much point exploring imo, though I plan on ultimately doing all side-quests and events.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Heck yes! I can't wait and they've said they will reward those willing to put in the time to reach a bottom of a dungeon giving champions/chests, etc.

I absolutely can't wait, pays off in the end IMO.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-05-09 at 04:00 AM.

OCD completionist when it comes to video games... the borders of Sanctuary, and all within them, will be thoroughly explored, looted, and soaked in blood.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I wont because it will change every time, areas are randomly generated apart from key areas.
    Not 100% randomized. As the folks at DiabloFan.com (and likely other sites) discovered during even the limits of the Beta, that the outer edge of any section remained constant, the inner sections would shuffle around/change, each playthrough. Key spots would remain the same, but it was never 100% the same every time.

And as we head to larger zones in later acts, I imagine it will be even harder to see similarities. But there will be fixed elements AND fixed borders, to every map, moreso outdoors than inside places like the Cathedral.

Yes, on my first pass-through of normal at least. I want to enjoy the world and the story. Once I'm familiar then I can streamline.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Since the levels are randomly generated and different each time, not much point exploring imo, though I plan on ultimately doing all side-quests and events.

I hope that all of the side quests and events are not available every play through so you need a few rounds to get them all

I've always explore everything, yeah it will take me some time longer to reach areas that have been locked in beta, but maybe I'll be a bit higher level and with a lot more items. Exploration in this game is the thing that dives me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Normal, Nightmare, Hell - Skip ALL the things. If the quest doesn't give xp, not relevant. If it's skippable, skip it. Getting to 60 is my goal, getting to inferno is my cause.

Inferno - This is where I learn the story.

Did it in Diablo 2, as well. It feels much better to EARN the story than to have it all handed to you. I'll obviously listen to all the little tabs that come up on the bottom right, read all the books etc. as they give xp, but My goal is to be one of the early ones to 60 - and start bashing my face into inferno ASAP.

On normal speed run then on hell and nightmare ill just speedrun for boss loot then inferno progression, after that Ill prob do a lore run clearing everything listening and watching every cut scene

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I'm gonna level very fast to get to hell/inerfno because I don't give a shit about looking through random maps that won't lead to anything good because it's a very closed world. I also never give a shit about the story either. I'll probably end up playing every class though so I mean I'd explore it all anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my first playthrough absolutely, everything will be explored. Every cave entered. After normal i will most likely play a bit more straightforward though I still intend to explore things I've not seen before on my first playthrough.

10+ Year Old Account
    fuck yea im gonna explore!

Deleted
    I will not explore every room i see, but any dungeon i find, will be fully explored.

Since you get increased loot drops from rare spawn bosses which appear in the side dungeons and in off the beaten track portions of maps when you kill them in a group now in d3, uhhh hellz yeah i'm going to be full clearing every level entering every side stage, clicking on every stump, opening every chest, to be mobs to spawn.

Also;

Nephalem Valor is one of the major new systems in Diablo III and it kicks in at level 60. Keep in mind that this is still in testing and we’re still working out the details. Here’s how it currently works internally: Rare and Champion packs already have great loot on them. By killing a Rare or Champion pack, not only do you get their loot, but you’ll also receive a buff granting you increased magic find and gold find. However, if you change a skill, skill rune, passive, or leave the game, the buff disappears. As an extra reward, if you kill a boss while this buff is active, you’ll receive extra loot drops from that boss.

The exact amount of magic find and gold find provided by the buff is still being reviewed, as is the amount of extra loot you get from a boss while the buff is active. We’re also playing around with whether or not the buff stacks, what the duration should be, and whether or not it should persist through death. We want to make sure the buff is strong enough to make staying in your current game more rewarding than creating a new game. At the same time, if the buff is too strong, it risks making shorter play sessions feel not worthwhile.

We expect this system will encourage players to stick with a skill build of their choice, select an area of the game they enjoy, and sweep it for rare and champion packs on their way to a boss, finishing off a run with a boss that’ll be worth killing. If you wanted a shorter play session you could be done at that point, but if you have more time, the path of least resistance would ideally be to stay in the same game and make your way towards the next boss.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-05-09 at 10:37 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I am going to explore the crap out of every inch of the game.. you never know what might be lurking in that last bit of covered over map.