Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New MoP changes -- Chaos Wave and Doom

It looks like a new beta build is being prepared and it includes some interesting things for Demonololgy.

"While using Metamorphosis, your Hand of Gul'dan spell transforms into Chaos Wave."

Chaos Wave
    200 Demonic Fury 40 yd range
    Instant cast
    Hurls a fragment of chaos to strike the target and all enemies within 6 yards for 1869 Chaos damage.
    Very nice indeed. It was really annoying having 2 of your spells just stop working in demon form. My only gripe is that it deals Chaos Damage, while Chaos Bolt is still Shadow

Doom has also been changed. It seems instead of having glyph of doom to change your corruption, it now becomes Doom during metamorphosis.

"While using Metamorphosis, your Corruption spell transforms into Doom".

Deleted
    Metamorphosis - Designer Notes: Yes, Demonology is mega OP. Will fix.
    Lol what have they done
    Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Metamorphosis - Designer Notes: Yes, Demonology is mega OP. Will fix.
    Lol what have they done
    Can't wait!
    Upcoming nerfs I am afraid. If they take away Dark Aprotheosis pvp, god i will be pissed

Exactly: "Will fix" = Impending Nerfdom.

I could bet all my coins that 'Chaos Wave' animation will be the same of HoG, but the purple stuff just coming from your hand intead of the sky... lol

Hope im wrong...

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they're also fixing demonic slash which is gonna be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    Exactly: "Will fix" = Impending Nerfdom.
    Yeah story of the warlock class. I wonder why a lot of people don't play locks? Maybe it wasn't just our overcomplicated rotations...

Oh and lol at chaos damage for "chaos wave" but chaos bolt..... shadow damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they can't fix stance dancing for DoTs, enforce it, but make it less frequent? Really? O.o

What about Fury generation from Corruption?

200 Fury cost on Chaos Wave? The hell?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-05-09 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If they can't fix stance dancing for DoTs, enforce it, but make it less frequent? Really? O.o

What about Fury generation from Corruption?

200 Fury cost on Chaos Wave? The hell?
    My thoughts exactly and honestly it's such a bad design to have to stance dance for dots, it looks like they have no intention of fixing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    My thoughts exactly and honestly it's such a bad design to have to stance dance for dots, it looks like they have no intention of fixing it.
    I think it is very similar to the boomkin design, except they have left - right, and we have on - off. I don't know how I feel about it, but at least they are giving us something else to press besides slash in meta.

Deleted
    In game currently.
    - Soul Fire costs 200 Fury (100 with Molten Core) in demon form
    - Doom does not generate Fury. You can have both Doom and Corruption on the target. Costs 60 Fury even in Dark Apotheosis. Touch of Chaos still renews Corruption.
    - Chaos Wave looks like the old Hand of Gul'dan. Costs 200 Fury even in DA. Huge nerf to DA if that stays.
    - New glyph replacing glyph of Doom: Everlasting Affliction : Refreshing extends the duration of Corruption or Doom rather than resetting it. (also affects Immolate/Bane of Agony/Unstable Affliction)

- Demo seems mega broken, not OP.
    - Dark Apotheosis is still bugged and does not reduce any damage. It's sad because I leveled 85-88 with only DA, and that glyph isn't viable anymore until they fix all of this
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-05-09 at 02:15 AM.

It is still early beta. Demo was far different the first few weeks of beta and has been constantly changing. I'm sure the finished product will be nothing like the current model. Don't worry too much, just make sure you give feedback to blizz about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    It is still early beta. Demo was far different the first few weeks of beta and has been constantly changing. I'm sure the finished product will be nothing like the current model. Don't worry too much, just make sure you give feedback to blizz about this.
    Wish I have your optimism.

Or .. maybe not, I don't like to be a fool in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    - Doom does not generate Fury. You can have both Doom and Corruption on the target. Costs 60 Fury even in Dark Apotheosis.
    - New glyph replacing glyph of Doom: Everlasting Affliction : Refreshing extends the duration of Corruption or Doom rather than resetting it. (also affects Immolate/Bane of Agony/Unstable Affliction)
    This is exactly what Meta needed. Answers the problems of rolling corruption and also having an actual DoT to cast while in Meta.

And I like the idea of Chaos Wave. Glad to see they're on the right path

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    This is exactly what Meta needed. Answers the problems of rolling corruption and also having an actual DoT to cast while in Meta.

And I like the idea of Chaos Wave. Glad to see they're on the right path
    It needs something, but not another AoE spell that consumes half your Fury.

What *would* you have it cost, Jessicka?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    What *would* you have it cost, Jessicka?
    You know, I could probably answer that if I knew what they wanted us to use it for. I'm sick to death of ambiguous spells with crossed purposes. That's been the problem with HoG/Aura of Forboding, Immolation Aura and Shadowflame this entire expansion.

It would be really nice if someone uploaded a video showing us around how Fury works as of the newest build as well as how Chaos Wave looks like etc.

With full cd Chaos Wave crit for around 120k . And it's an aoe spell.... the 200 fury cost is justified. They will not nerf this spell because it's only OP at lvl 85. at 90 the 21k mastery from DS will not scale so fast and the spell will do less damage.

The mastery from DS is meant to provide you with roughly the same bonus at every level, kornoth. They just changed it from the old value because "Mastery Points" no longer exist in the UI, so the tooltip would have been confusing.