Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    take into consideration that the cast time will go back to normal once u stopped moving
    Erm, i might not be up to date, but i remember reading that when the cast time is started to get slowed down due to moving, it stays slowed until the end of the cast, even if you stop moving. I'd gladly take a link to any post saying the contrary if you have any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Do not ever think of increasing your dps by standing in void zones, especially for really marginal gain. As for your list, you have to think how many damage you will actually deal with it. Assuming 150k hp, each time you loose full health bar in 10 seconds (how often it happen?) you will deal 45k damage. That is just laughable for a 1 min ability, and may work out to be dps loss in most cases if ability triggers GCD. AV being a dps gain also voids Soul Link as valid choice, since it will most likely kick in after damage is split.
    If the healers can handle it and they are ok with it I will stand in something to marginally improve my dps, if a marginal increase is what is needed. Alot of the situation I described, you can easily lose 150k health in 10 seconds and most of the situations are either unavoidable or necessary damage. Why not turn that damage into your own?

I looked at my last H ultraxion kill and without taking an Hour of Twilight I took 3.7 million damage over the course of the 5.5 minute fight. With only using the passive 5% damage reflect that means I could have done 185k damage for simple having the ability. Thats a 560 dps increase over the course of the fight.

I know that that is a very specific example and Ultraxion will not be a boss in Mists but the it still shows that it can be very helpful.

Hell to get even more specific, Chimeron does 900k damage to you with massacre. Pop it right before that, 270k damage.

off topic:

#smegdawg

can you explain your sig/avatar ? Everytime i see it and want to know what the hell happened :x

10+ Year Old Account
    /hijackthread

A year and 7 months ago I was working construction, drilling holes for retaining walls. That day I was working the Concrete pump, something I had done a hundred times before and was trained to operate. The last time I operated this pump I was yelled at for not cleaning it out thoroughly and this time I was making sure I did a good job.

I was just about finished cleaning out the hopper when there was a tough piece of concrete right on the seam of the rocker valve(HERE) and the piston(HERE), So I held the button to turn the pump off and then lifted up the grate that trips a circuit so that the rocker valve cannot move. The problem was that it was very loud on the jobsite, I had earplugs in and there was a revved up concrete truck cleaning out his drum. I didn't hear that the pump was still on, coupled with the fact that the circuit that should have prevented the valve from closing was broken/fused/disconnected. So when I reached inside the pump to get the last piece of debris from the inside, I leaned on the control, which should have been turn off with the pump, causing the rocker valve to close on my hand while it was halfway in the piston tube.

Because I was cleaning the pump I had it set to a very low and slow cycle. So while my hand was trapped by the valve I had to wait ~8 seconds for the cycle to complete and the valve to move the other way. My intial thought while I was trapped was that I stopped the valve from closing with my hand and I was just going to have some broken bones. When the cycle completed I pulled my hand out and I saw red on the front and red on the back through the glove, immediately put it behind and above my head and called for help. My coworkers call 911 and I was taken to the Hospital still conscience. At the Hospital they immediatly saw that it was beyond what they could handle and choppered me to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, WA.

I was conscience until the chopper, but outside of the ER I woke up again and was able to tell the surgeon exactly what happened. HERE'S a better picture of the x-ray prior to surgery. An 11.5 hour surgery later and my hand was reattached (Not Safe For Lunch). The next morning the doctors came in ready to amputate my hand if it had gone bad but my body held on and thanks to some quick thinking my hand was stable. Over the next week my temperature would rise to 107.6 degrees F. But I eventually stabilized and ended up being able to go home a week later.

Since then it has been a very large life experience. I've had my ups and downs but with great doctors and therapists, and supportive friends and family I have keep an open mind and kept pushing on.

I have extremely limited mobility in it atm and of course it was my dominant hand/mouse hand. But it keeps improving even if its at a snails pace. I've already surpassed what the doctors expected, and I have met my first 3 goals 1)Hold a beer, 2) write 3) use a mouse(minus the scroll wheel). The next step for me is be able to give someone the bird.

Alright I've said enough back to discussing things and getting all hot and bothered because someones opinions don't match our own.

TL;DR: I put my hand in a hydraulic valve and chopped it off, now i have the ultimate stranger.

holy shit o.o, im glad about your recovering.

i hope you recover yours hand mobility asap

keep pushing on dude !

[/curiosity]
    [thread]

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have decreased the casting speed further during movement rather than adding the extra mitigating effects.

All you guys complaining about it that are also in the beta should be submitting reports or adding your 2cents to a beta thread addressing the change. That is what beta is for, and if there are such threads, link them in this one because otherwise venting displeasure about it on MMO won't get anything changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    All you guys complaining about it that are also in the beta should be submitting reports or adding your 2cents to a beta thread addressing the change. That is what beta is for, and if there are such threads, link them in this one because otherwise venting displeasure about it on MMO won't get anything changed.
    Good point. I posted my two cents on the Beta forums just now.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    If the healers can handle it and they are ok with it I will stand in something to marginally improve my dps, if a marginal increase is what is needed.
    You can be sure it will not happen on progression fights, and having healer instead dps himself might provide better results for mana spent, anything other is, well, cheesing ranks. The problem with Ultraxion boss, being a heavy aoe-damage fight, and still, a level 90 talent provide whole ~1% extra dps, that's just pathetic for ability you should be looking forward to unlock.

Not exactly sure about Chim, but I would imagine only the actual damage dealt will be transferred.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree whole heartily about the level 90 talent being something that provides a more meaningful "talent" to our class then a ~1% damage buff. But at the same time if the 90 tier is balanced around the dps boost they provide then the best one will be found, and anyone not using it will be shunned. I like that the talents, however lackluster they may be, provide a specific way to do more dps based on the fight.

Taking lots of damage through out the fight or big bursts = AV
    lots of movement at inopportune moments during your rotation = KJ
    Lots of adds? = MF

The warlock class changes overall is the "wow" factor, so sadly our new spell content through 85-90 is going to look poor in comparison.

I, personally, would prefer a model where no talents were significant dps increases over any other in the same tier. I would really just like it if they were all basically customization -- because everyone who raids/pvps beyond the casual level will always find a cookie-cutter build, and even the casual base will be heavily influenced by this cookie cutter build, even if they aren't nearly as beholden to them.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

i was really looking forward to this but i think this should just be out of the beta i dont think you should even spec into it bc 6sec? what is that going to do you might get 1 SB out of it

I'd really like to see Kil'jaeden's Cunning changed. I hate it right now, Casting while on the move has become too widespread and is no longer special.
    They should make it relate to Demonic Circle. Something like:
    Kil'Jaeden's Cunning: Your next Demonic Circle can be instantly placed within 40 yards. 1 minute cooldown. Passive effect: Increases movement speed by 15%. (Could be better)

This seems much more unique and useful than a nerfed Spiritwalker's Grace. I would personally rejoice if I could place my Circle instantly wherever I want. Bgs would also be less annoying since you'd just use it when needed.

Deleted
    Actually, they have just no idea what to do about our last talent, because they simply don't care.

Mannoroth's fury : Won't be released as it is now for PvP issues. Proof is " OMG me rogue, hellfire is so OP ", simply. Reverse their positions is not what blizzard is used to.

Kil'jaeden's Cunning : /rolleyes... who cares... this thread seals its fate.

Archimonde's Vengeance : Because, it's a slight dps increase and will be calculated as the great winner. Passive effect will be obviously removed. All the T3 Talents are better to survive.

90 Tier is pretty useless.

thats a shame that blizz is this much stupid and useless that cant even think about some exciting talents for us.
    all ther tier90s are laughable and jokes,real jokes
    how the hell can a warlock want to have slow movement when he wants to move.and considering all the movement speeds of other classes you see that the speed reduction will get you killed intead of helping you survive,
    and about the duration again....it is a fuckin shameless stupid assholes blizzard that again will make all those asshole ninja rogues,warriors etc.feeel their skillz by nerfing us to the ground
    on the part of someone who has played the game since the start of BC i can say a big FUCK YOU to blizz and wish them all the worst thingz possible in their future products etc.
    shame on blizz who wants to keep the ninja happy

The 90 tier talents (with blizz idea) must increase locks dps (somehow) and they seems don't care about them now. Just look at shaman talents that increases their dps like "Echo of the Elements" which gives you a chance to duplicate your healing or direct damage harmful spell. It looks amazing! It would be nice if blizz gave us a talent that makes our any direct damage spells, with a cast time, to become instantly casted for 5 sec or so... Thoughts?

Sorry, for my bad english >.>

Deleted
    Don't feel sorry bro, it's internet.

your micro must be bad now
    do what you feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not dredge up ancient threads with no news value.