Realm First Archy!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the realm first archaeology feat, couldn't one just max out fragments on every race before release, get as many of the scrolls and other racial thingys, and right when you can actually raise skill start solving stuff? In beta do completed projects of any kind still give +5 skill? Very fast random thought, will have to ponder when I get home.

There's been topics on this, but the general consensus is that they will do something to prevent that. Otherwise realm first archaeology will just be a matter of who can log in first.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    . Otherwise realm first archaeology will just be a matter of who can log in first.
    Um, you mean like with everything else?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    There's been topics on this, but the general consensus is that they will do something to prevent that. Otherwise realm first archaeology will just be a matter of who can log in first.

You mean like cooking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeraquor View Post
    Um, you mean like with everything else?
    Besides cooking/fish and maybe Mining/herb; No not like everything else.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Besides cooking/fish and maybe Mining/herb; No not like everything else.
    Most of my guild had the digital download installed and ready to play asap when Cataclysm hit and we were all on Vent talking. When Cata went live we all tried to get online.... the first guy got in after about 20 min, I got in after about an hour and the last guy in our guild got in after more then two hours. So yes I would say that everything is affected by when Blizzard let you inside.

More then one of the World firsts was already gone when our last guy got online and even for me who got in after one hour no way I could catch out an one hour advantages in levelling. Multiple persons were already lvl 86 when I managed to login.

When i got my Realm First LW in cata, it was a fluke; i had no idea if it had already gone and by then. I didnt really farm hard core in advance but when i noticed i was getting closer and was "pretty sure" no one had it yet i started buying all the scraps from people and didnt actually end up spending that much cash on it. When it finally popped i was surprised and happy. Never had that many whispers before

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't bother me if they disabled skillups for low-level sites/races. They won't, but it wouldn't bother me if they did.

I have an unsolved rare of each races ready to solve as well as 200 fragments for each race. So I am prepared for the log in race. But if they decide to change something, it will suck but oh well. I do believe this will a log-in race like cooking was in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelol View Post
    When i got my Realm First LW in cata, it was a fluke; i had no idea if it had already gone and by then. I didnt really farm hard core in advance but when i noticed i was getting closer and was "pretty sure" no one had it yet i started buying all the scraps from people and didnt actually end up spending that much cash on it. When it finally popped i was surprised and happy. Never had that many whispers before
    Lucky you, wish i was so fortunate. Very nice accomplishment though!

Deleted
    I presume it will be from 450 or 525 onwards pandaria craftings only giving a skill up

Maybe they could just reset Fragments that would work too, put them all down to 0, but you still have the same project.